ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly says JQ to UL

jamal cal go to arkansas message board. you are the biggest cal lover i have seen. when cal left that meant it was okay for you to leave to.

Laughable if that's where he goes. Makes me think that tweet about "man to man, don't contact my kid without talking to me first" Twitter post of his sound like he was maybe talking about Cal.
Is it? UL been doing ok.. Pope not hitting home runs right now and landing JQ would be a homer for Kelsey.

Is it? UL been doing ok.. Pope not hitting home runs right now and landing JQ would be a homer for Kelsey.

It is. I'm not stressed about the production of a 16 year old for 9 months at that dumpster fire.

Reactions: GradUK24
JQ cannot initiate an offense like our bigs will be doing which is why he is going to UofL

Spot on Rex. He doesn’t fit Pope at all. I never expected to get him because of it. With the 5 out and zoom guys like JQ cannot play here. People are going to have to get used to what we run now, it’s more to the saying of Calipari than what it was under Calipari “UK is not for everyone”. If you don’t have speed and great shooters touch you can’t play at UK. The way I understand it; we’ll play through the bigs on the perimeter. We can only have guys suited for exactly those roles.

Unfortunately because of his age, whoever gets him will be getting him for 2 years guaranteed. He is extremely talented with a big upside. This absolutely sucks b@lls that UL is getting him.

I don’t really understand this. Can he not just transfer out after 1 year and go to another program? That’s what they’re all doing. Why does he have to stay at the same place for both of those years?

Not to mention, I don’t fully believe he will be forced to stay two years. It seems there is always a way around it. I remember when everyone said What’s his name must come back to UK because of his age. You’d think it was set in stone the way it was said. We’ll he left anyway. If the NBA wants JQ they’ll find a way.

**To add to that, he does not fit at all in our system. We are only going to recruit guys that can move and score quickly in the shot clock. He doesn’t do that, we can’t play through him as a big which we have to. So it doesn’t matter to me at all, Louisville is going mid major, doesn’t have big boosters, must concentrate on football, and won’t be a factor moving forward. I’m just glad he’s probably upset Calipari and isn’t going there. It shows the booster talk isn’t true too.

Last edited:
Reactions: chroix
U6 outbid everyone, plain and simple. It’s not so much about the coach anymore, rather, Show me the Money!
Can U-6 keep their NIL promises though? Their football team is hemorrhaging all their portal acquisitions.

But this kid is 16...having a familiar face in college at that age might be extremely beneficial to him
16 year old kid with AAU experience vs getting someone 20 with two years experience. Give me portal player.

Holy smokes.

Some of you still trying to explain away and spin this stuff because you got a nostalgic high from that presser?

Next year is going to be a disaster for Kentucky MBB. If we're lucky we may sniff the NCAAT again in 2026.

The last several years have been a disaster you dolt.

Kentucky MBB needs to heal and needs a complete culture revamp, which takes time.

For the record, as far as JQ is concerned, IDGAF where he goes and you can look back a month or two in my posting history and see that I never wanted the kid anyway. He’s a freaking child. A man child maybe, but a child nontheless. The teams getting to the FF nowadays are chock full of veterans, not 17 year olds. Will not lose a second of sleep over JQ regardless of where he winds up.

Reactions: BBNWildcats4life
Holy smokes.

Some of you still trying to explain away and spin this stuff because you got a nostalgic high from that presser?

Next year is going to be a disaster for Kentucky MBB. If we're lucky we may sniff the NCAAT again in 2026.
Honest question. Do you think we're going to roll into 2024 with 2 players? So why don't you wait and see who's on the team and better yet, if they're any good before you start wringing your hands.

The last several years have been a disaster you dolt.

Kentucky MBB needs to heal and needs a complete culture revamp, which takes time.

For the record, as far as JQ is concerned, IDGAF where he goes and you can look back a month or two in my posting history and see that I never wanted the kid anyway. He’s a freaking child. A man child maybe, but a child nontheless. The teams getting to the FF nowadays are chock full of veterans, not 17 year olds. Will not lose a second of sleep over JQ regardless of where he winds up.

Which is exactly why you don't go hire a guy with Mark Pope's track record.

Last 5 years have stunk, now the next 2-3 will probably stink, too. Could've hired a host of guys where that wouldn't be the case.

Holy smokes.

Wow

I don’t really understand this. Can he not just transfer out after 1 year and go to another program? That’s what they’re all doing. Why does he have to stay at the same place for both of those years?

Not to mention, I don’t fully believe he will be forced to stay two years. It seems there is always a way around it. I remember when everyone said What’s his name must come back to UK because of his age. You’d think it was set in stone the way it was said. We’ll he left anyway. If the NBA wants JQ they’ll find a way.

**To add to that, he does not fit at all in our system. We are only going to recruit guys that can move and score quickly in the shot clock. He doesn’t do that, we can’t play through him as a big which we have to. So it doesn’t matter to me at all, Louisville is going mid major, doesn’t have big boosters, must concentrate on football, and won’t be a factor moving forward. I’m just glad he’s probably upset Calipari and isn’t going there. It shows the booster talk isn’t true too.
So any player that Pope doesn't get just didn't fit the system? I've never seen so much spinning about a coach, its rideculous. Pope is a very underwhelming hire and everyone, including recruits, are well aware of it. You will be looking for a new coach in 3 years or less.

• Haha
Reactions: chiefcat420
So any player that Pope doesn't get just didn't fit the system? I've never seen so much spinning about a coach, its rideculous. Pope is a very underwhelming hire and everyone, including recruits, are well aware of it. You will be looking for a new coach in 3 years or less.
Huskie fans said the same thing about Hurley in year 1.

You guys do realize the OP is a moron for reporting bad info? JQ visited UL and said the visit was "cool". He's visiting Arkansas and possibly Memphis.

He's Arkansas bound. The rest is smoke.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Seeing your spelling of ridiculous in this day and age of auto correct, and spell check, gives me all I need to know about your opinion.

Reactions: UKfirst
So why couldn’t we keep him? We have cash and a pre existing LOI. I don’t like this at all screw UfoL.
do you want one and dones and no title next year; or guys that want to play for UK and no title next year

If anyone thought that UK was going to keep more than one or two players that were committed or from last year's team, I got nothing for ya

Everyone should have expected a one to three year program rebuild and rebrand, no matter if it was Hurley or Pope

4 posts... LOL

He took a visit to UL. Pretty sure it had to be unofficial since he already took his three officials last year. Rivals BB150 lists 14 schools he has interest in and none of them are UL.

Reactions: Fox2monk
You guys do realize the OP is a moron for reporting bad info? JQ visited UL and said the visit was "cool". He's visiting Arkansas and possibly Memphis.

He's Arkansas bound. The rest is smoke.

Confuses Handsup GIF - Confuses Handsup Dontknow GIFs

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Calipari was underwhelming, that's why we got rid of him.

Pope has been here a few days, and already has us in the mix for every top player in the portal. Plus he can coach circles around Calipari.

do you want one and dones and no title next year; or guys that want to play for UK and no title next year

If anyone thought that UK was going to keep more than one or two players that were committed or from last year's team, I got nothing for ya

Everyone should have expected a one to three year program rebuild and rebrand, no matter if it was Hurley or Pope
I agree but JQ has talent and will be in college 2 years. He’s worth a roster spot IMO.

Reactions: docholiday51
So any player that Pope doesn't get just didn't fit the system? I've never seen so much spinning about a coach, it’s rideculous. Pope is a very underwhelming hire and everyone, including recruits, are well aware of it. You will be looking for a new coach in 3 years or less.
Were you the Hog fan humping the rail when Cal got thrown out of the game in Fayetteville??

You are bitter about Pelphrey and are putting Pope in the same bucket. I think you’ll be wrong. Pelphrey had no love for Fayetteville nor the Arkansas program.

Last edited:
Yes he would, a little weight training and age will turn him into a nice player
People forget we have 3 players I guess. Yes we have time but you don’t turn away a top 15 recruit that is already signed if you could keep him. If the reports about 2 million are correct I could see why but it seems like everyone is asking for ridiculous offers, if we got him for 500k, apparently the market wasn’t as strong as believed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT