ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly Donovan has predicted Acaden Lewis to commit to UK!

There has to be another source of NIL income. So, how do you come up with that many millions every year?

Car wash!

1476132796_00032.jpg

Last edited:
We truly have a small section of the fan base that is completely moronic on the "No more OAD" argument. They forget how many of our OADs were absolutely sensational when they were at UK.

All SEC and 1st team All-American John Wall
All SEC and 2nd Team All-American DeMarcus Cousins
ALL SEC 1st team Brandon Knight
All SEC 1st team Anthony Davis
All SEC 1st team Michael Gilchrist
NPOY Anthony Davis
1st team All-American Anthony Davis
2nd team All-American Michael Gilchrist
1st team All-SEC and defensive player of the year Nerlens Noel
1st team All-SEC Julius Randle
2nd team All-SEC James Young
3rd team All-American Julius Randle
1st Team All-SEC Karl Towns
3rd team All-American Karl Towns
2nd team All-SEC Devin Booker
1st team All-SEC Jamal Murray
3rd team All-American Jamal Murray
1st team All-SEC Malik Monk
2nd team All-American Malik Monk
1st team All-SEC De'Aaron Fox
2nd team All-SEC Bam Adebayo
1st team All-SEC Kevin Knox
2nd team All-SEC Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
2nd team All-SEC Tyler Herro
2nd team All-SEC Keldon Johnson
2nd team All-SEC Tyrese Maxey
2nd team All-SEC Ty Ty Washington
2nd Team All-SEC Reed Sheppard
2nd team All-SEC Rob Dillingham
Still can’t believe Kevin Knox Isn’t atleast a good bench piece in the league

Man…..I’m not seeing much of a dip in recruiting. Every thumper on this board was saying kiss the top classes goodbye.

If Caleb Wilson comes also, what did we ever really need Cal for?
If Pope keeps bringing them in, the Nate Oats, etc crew will have to find a new “I told ya so” sticht. So glad we hired my number 1 choice!!

Is Lewis supposed to announce soon?
Before this most recent surge in momentum, there had been stories where him/his camp said they’d like to decide by early November.

I think the thought was he’d visit his final 4 again(just visited UConn) and then do it. I think someone said something about him potentially now not taking all the visits. Someone correct me if I’m wrong as I’m just reading people retell things from sources like Trilly/Graf/etc.

According to the above report, JJ and Malachi look to potentially be at team USA during BBM. Acaden’s name isn’t on there. So I think it’s fair to think he’ll be coming in for BBM potentially, though nothing’s been announced.

I'm surmised that our budget is in the $5 to $6 million range. Barnhart said two boosters pledged $4 million combined. Club Blue is now in excess to $1 million (and counting). So, is it a safe assumption that BBN could scrounge up $1 million more? I'd say so. That's $6 million, and that's a pretty conservative estimate.

$1.3 million for Jasper.
Probably the same for Wilson. That's half the budget.

Then the other 10 guys divide the last $3 million or so.

I'm a guessing a guy like Williams goes for $300,000 to $400,000 or so. A guy like Chandler probably $100,000.
Don’t know how many went to college but this would apply to all of us around that time in our lives but…can you imagine having that kind of money at around 18/19 or so? Actually most can’t imagine having that kind of money ever.

We truly have a small section of the fan base that is completely moronic on the "No more OAD" argument. They forget how many of our OADs were absolutely sensational when they were at UK.

All SEC and 1st team All-American John Wall
All SEC and 2nd Team All-American DeMarcus Cousins
ALL SEC 1st team Brandon Knight
All SEC 1st team Anthony Davis
All SEC 1st team Michael Gilchrist
NPOY Anthony Davis
1st team All-American Anthony Davis
2nd team All-American Michael Gilchrist
1st team All-SEC and defensive player of the year Nerlens Noel
1st team All-SEC Julius Randle
2nd team All-SEC James Young
3rd team All-American Julius Randle
1st Team All-SEC Karl Towns
3rd team All-American Karl Towns
2nd team All-SEC Devin Booker
1st team All-SEC Jamal Murray
3rd team All-American Jamal Murray
1st team All-SEC Malik Monk
2nd team All-American Malik Monk
1st team All-SEC De'Aaron Fox
2nd team All-SEC Bam Adebayo
1st team All-SEC Kevin Knox
2nd team All-SEC Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
2nd team All-SEC Tyler Herro
2nd team All-SEC Keldon Johnson
2nd team All-SEC Tyrese Maxey
2nd team All-SEC Ty Ty Washington
2nd Team All-SEC Reed Sheppard
2nd team All-SEC Rob Dillingham
Impressive list. Less impressive being the hardware obtained from that list. But we all know that and it’s time to look to the future.

Agree, the same people aren't going to contribute $4 million every year endlessly. There has to be another source of NIL income. So, how do you come up with that many millions every year? What a mess NIL has created.
My wife works for the community college system in my state of residence, not Kentucky. Her group does fundraising, in particular from wealthy donors. They employ people to find wealth in the state and they’re constantly out shaking the trees to have people donate. There are surprising numbers of people that can annually write checks for $100k, $400k. Some do it several times a year. UK has people employed to do the like for the school in general and NIL in particular.

This country has so many quietly wealthy people. Kentucky as a state can’t compare at all to most others but it does of course have an unmatched love for basketball and really just a true devotion to one school.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Before this most recent surge in momentum, there had been stories where him/his camp said they’d like to decide by early November.

I think the thought was he’d visit his final 4 again(just visited UConn) and then do it. I think someone said something about him potentially now not taking all the visits. Someone correct me if I’m wrong as I’m just reading people retell things from sources like Trilly/Graf/etc.

According to the above report, JJ and Malachi look to potentially be at team USA during BBM. Acaden’s name isn’t on there. So I think it’s fair to think he’ll be coming in for BBM potentially, though nothing’s been announced.
If he cancels his visits I’ll feel real good about him coming. Obviously lots of momentum and smoke our way though.

The only thing that doesn’t make sense about the idea that Lewis is committing right now is the timing…

Is Coach Pope & staff really in a commitment discussion with Lewis while Mikel Brown is on his official visit? Seems highly unlikely.

Not saying Lewis won’t end up committing, but the timing of this announcement seems suspect.

The only thing that doesn’t make sense about the idea that Lewis is committing right now is the timing…

Is Coach Pope & staff really in a commitment discussion with Lewis while Mikel Brown is on his official visit? Seems highly unlikely.

Not saying Lewis won’t end up committing, but the timing of this announcement seems suspect.
I see it different...if Lewis knows it's a first come first taken scenario between he and Brown, maybe he decided to get word to Pope that he's coming to prevent Brown from pre-empting him on the visit

Man…..I’m not seeing much of a dip in recruiting. Every thumper on this board was saying kiss the top classes goodbye.

If Caleb Wilson comes also, what did we ever really need Cal for?
To be fair, Cal usually got the top classes through sheer numbers. 5 or 6 top 30 kids in a class, especially recently.

I am fine with having "just a top 10" class if it means we'll have a better mix of youth and experience through the portal.

Makes sense we may have a huge class next year due to losing so much after this year. I am good if we only get about 2-3 elite kids and fill the rest with the portal and returnees going forward though.

Even with Lewis, I still think Wilson is brainwashed by Calipari. I'm anticipating Arkansas momentum after he visits there.

Feels like the Quade Green/Bamba recruitments. Hope I'm wrong, but Wilson has been a perceived Calipari-leave for over a year now.

Pope took Garrison’s commitment while Osobor was on a visit. NIL demand or circumstance of proving to build a roster probably played in but that shows he’s a bird in hand business type. Both players are exciting possibilities.

Pope took Garrison’s commitment while Osobor was on a visit. NIL demand or circumstance of proving to build a roster probably played in but that shows he’s a bird in hand business type. Both players are exciting possibilities.

Pope and his staff make it very clear to recruits what is expected at Kentucky and what the goal is. When you leave this campus, you should already know if this is the place for you or not. The staff keys in on several guys they like, but they aren’t waiting around for somebody who might be on the fence. They want guys who are all in for what is about to happen here.

Wilson already walked back the November commitment stuff, it’s back to December or January again, which is fine it’s a important decision.

Wilson already walked back the November commitment stuff, it’s back to December or January again, which is fine it’s a important decision.

Yeah seen that, looks like he wants to take his time and see what teams look like

Truthfully, that's probably a win for Pope/UK. It will give Pope & Co a chance to show his system to Wilson at UK compared to how long Cal & others have been recruiting him. An earlier commitment favors the longer relationships.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
A combo guard not locked in at the one would be a good thing for Perry. Brown is who I have been in favor of because of him being a true one and his team play and consistency. Looking at the positives if it is Lewis more time at the one would be freed up for Perry. Lewis and Johnson can play the two or one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT