ADVERTISEMENT

Trentyn Flowers spurns UL for Australia

“CBS Sports Bracketology Expert Jerry Palm has his way-too-early bracket projections out already for 2024, and in a surprise to absolutely no one, Louisville isn't in the mix, much less on the bubble, much less being on the bubble of being on the bubble. Even more bleak: BartTorvik.com's early look at 2023-24 has only one ACC team -- rebuilding Notre Dame -- with a worse outlook than Louisville. His projections have Louisville ranked No. 146 among 361 Division I teams. That's only missing the NCAA Tournament picture by ... 78 spots. (Only 68 teams make the field, so even if there were two, separate68-team NCAA Tournaments with two, entirely different fields, Louisville would be projected to miss both tournaments.)”

I drank coffee with a guy at Hardees this morning that knows people involved with UL's program. He told me the kid left because he realized that he wasn't going to start. Take that for what you will.
I highly doubt that’s the only reason but it wouldn’t surprise me. Kids these days give up and leave at the littlest bit of unhappiness or something they don’t like. My bet was that he was gonna be exposed and his stock would take a nosedive, or his NIL didn’t pan out like he was told.

“CBS Sports Bracketology Expert Jerry Palm has his way-too-early bracket projections out already for 2024, and in a surprise to absolutely no one, Louisville isn't in the mix, much less on the bubble, much less being on the bubble of being on the bubble. Even more bleak: BartTorvik.com's early look at 2023-24 has only one ACC team -- rebuilding Notre Dame -- with a worse outlook than Louisville. His projections have Louisville ranked No. 146 among 361 Division I teams. That's only missing the NCAA Tournament picture by ... 78 spots. (Only 68 teams make the field, so even if there were two, separate68-team NCAA Tournaments with two, entirely different fields, Louisville would be projected to miss both tournaments.)”

I drank coffee with a guy at Hardees this morning that knows people involved with UL's program. He told me the kid left because he realized that he wasn't going to start. Take that for what you will.

I could see that with James and Traynor coming back and they got Tre White from USC.

He acts like he’s been jilted talking about how Kenny Payne won’t call him back.

I could see that with James and Traynor coming back and they got Tre White from USC.

He acts like he’s been jilted talking about how Kenny Payne won’t call him back.
James is good and will start. Traynor hasn't shown much through 3 years. Bobby Perry caliber of player. Tre White's alright, can't shoot. They again don't have a point guard. Skyy Clark averaged 2 assists and 2 turnovers at Illinois, they lost Flowers who wants to be a pg, and Johnson isn't on campus who was their only other pg option. James and Okorafor should be good, that freshman center Evans might be good. I don't see much else.

The flowers kid did a podcast interview and it looks like Louisville dodged a major issue. They already have a head case in skyy clark you can’t have two of them, and flowers seems to be one as well. Flowers said he was the best player in the gym everyday and wanted to be PG, but then you see reports that he wasn’t even one of the best five

The flowers kid did a podcast interview and it looks like Louisville dodged a major issue. They already have a head case in skyy clark you can’t have two of them, and flowers seems to be one as well. Flowers said he was the best player in the gym everyday and wanted to be PG, but then you see reports that he wasn’t even one of the best five
It may be true that he was a head case. It may also be true that he wasn't one of the 5 best on the team despite thinking he's the best. But the problem is, whether a cocky punk or not, he's a talented player and they needed him on the floor. Even if he wasn't a starter, I bet he at least gave them more depth.

Just thinking out loud about this whole situation...
this kind of thing almost never happened years ago- where a kid committed to a school but then just up and quits In August to go to an Australian pro league. I fear this is the new age of players' independence and greater autonomy. I can see some positives for the players who keep a level head and listen to wise counsel about what is best, but part of the downside of NIL is that these players are thinking of making money and finding out where they can cash in best. We may never hear from this kid again.

It may be true that he was a head case. It may also be true that he wasn't one of the 5 best on the team despite thinking he's the best. But the problem is, whether a cocky punk or not, he's a talented player and they needed him on the floor. Even if he wasn't a starter, I bet he at least gave them more depth.

Just thinking out loud about this whole situation...
this kind of thing almost never happened years ago- where a kid committed to a school but then just up and quits In August to go to an Australian pro league. I fear this is the new age of players' independence and greater autonomy. I can see some positives for the players who keep a level head and listen to wise counsel about what is best, but part of the downside of NIL is that these players are thinking of making money and finding out where they can cash in best. We may never hear from this kid again.
Also Louisville turning down the McKnight kid from western ky is also a very weird move, given that roster just needs players

Also Louisville turning down the McKnight kid from western ky is also a very weird move, given that roster just needs players
Yeah, it's possible McKnight didn't go to Louisville because of Flowers. He may have been scared off or the Louisville staff may have backed off because they were afraid his addition might scare off Flowers. They may have ended up losing both in the process. McKnight ended up at Xavier and now Flowers is down under.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Flowers” Coach I tried to call 8 times”
waterboy-ihatehim.gif

Payne” What you talking about I never received any phone calls”

I just heard that on the radio. Damn that sucks for them. It’s gonna happen to more people as NIL deals fall apart too.
N.I.L dead are actually only getting stronger. Just like with all sports that are at the start of a payment regime. It doesn’t go backwards.

Reactions: csjones240
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT