ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Noah

this is the 5th or 6th that I have seen
I hope there is 20 more if that is what it takes to get the kid to Kentucky. Glad the portal is an option nowadays. Hope it somehow happens this year. Pope wants them for the name on the front than there is Noah better option. Send the word through Travis and have the Champ and Runner Up start the new Unforgettable legacy.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
I hope there is 20 more if that is what it takes to get the kid to Kentucky. Glad the portal is an option nowadays. Hope it somehow happens this year. Pope wants them for the name on the front than there is Noah better option. Send the word through Travis and have the Champ and Runner Up start the new Unforgettable legacy.
To be brutally honest, kids care more about NIL than they do the name on the front of the jersey. I think that's something fans are going to have to accept.

Better that he keeps his commitment. I guarantee if he asks for a release, Pope will be accused of tampering by the media, coaches and NCAA.
He will get a year under his belt, get good coaching….and if he wants to be a Cat he can go into the portal after this season.

Last edited:
I would love to have him at UK. I know it's a small detail, but he is nowhere close to 6'8. I stood next to him on the court after the state semifinal, and he had me by maybe 3 inches, and I'm 6'2. He's good size guard, though.

Reactions: DreadLox
Is he even talking about wanting to back out and come to UK? Is this just fans wishing?

Is he even talking about wanting to back out and come to UK? Is this just fans wishing?
Think people that know him are saying UK is where he wants to be. No need wasting time if this is where his heart is. Especially with many spots open. Won't be as many next season.

I would love to have him at UK. I know it's a small detail, but he is nowhere close to 6'8. I stood next to him on the court after the state semifinal, and he had me by maybe 3 inches, and I'm 6'2. He's good size guard, though.
Yeah. I looked a couple of clips and was looking for the 6'8" guy. He's really not a college 3.

Reactions: 1009
If he wants to be here he’ll reach out to Pope. There is no way Pope will turn this kid down. If he doesn’t want to be here, then he won’t reach out. Simple as that. No more of this silly BS like we heard about Nate Oats wanting the job but publicly saying otherwise. We’re all grownups here… even Trent.

You made a commitment (no structural change to SC program) stand by it for a year. To me that's just the honorable thing to do. He's not a 1 n done he will have 3 years at UK. If he wants.
Honor and integrity in college sports went to 💩 with NIL.

That ship has sailed. Every player does what's best for them and that is ok. Just don't hold some players and school's to a higher standard than what EVERYONE else is doing.

Reality.

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
GREEDY agents, parents and players are gonna kill the goose that lays their golden eggs.

like $20 burger flipper jobs--they soon don't exist.

The smaller schools will not be able to compete, thus the available college slots for making $$$ will be reduced. Many will not get the opportunity to demonstrate their prowess at a low level and then cash out with the majors.

The fewer available teams, fewer the opportunities to grow and earn in a 2nd or 3rd year at a major.

rr

Reactions: dl51344
GREEDY agents, parents and players are gonna kill the goose that lays their golden eggs.

like $20 burger flipper jobs--they soon don't exist.

The smaller schools will not be able to compete, thus the available college slots for making $$$ will be reduced. Many will not get the opportunity to demonstrate their prowess at a low level and then cash out with the majors.

The fewer available teams, fewer the opportunities to grow and earn in a 2nd or 3rd year at a major.

rr

These are some interesting thoughts about Trent Noah.

People have mentioned who know the situation/family personally that they are die hard UK fans. I know Cal never even gave him a sniff but he likely wants to stick to his word even though the situation here has changed. It may end up not being this year but just seems like he’s destined to be a cat at some point. Hopefully he has a great freshman year and stays away from injuries and we could possibly see him next year. If pope were allowed to reach out it would be different and yeah there are ways around that I know. I don’t think it’s a situation of he’s a KY kid so we want him he’s actually a KY kid that can really play and should only get better.

Reactions: UK90
To be brutally honest, kids care more about NIL than they do the name on the front of the jersey. I think that's something fans are going to have to accept.
Can’t speak for this kid but several posters close to Noah said he grew up a UK fan.

Even if they did, I’m not sure there’s much Pope could say other than “he’ll have to get a release from his NLI before I can talk to him about it.” Anything that sniffs of UK “recruiting” an already-signed kid would run significant risk of being considered a tampering violation.

And I doubt that’s how Pope wants to begin his UK career.
Important thing if Noah wanted to come to UK is if Pope would really want him and utilize him before he starts asking SC for a release. For that reason alone he needs to contact Pope if he is serious about trying to come to UK.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Important thing if Noah wanted to come to UK is if Pope would really want him and utilize him before he starts asking SC for a release. For that reason alone he needs to contact Pope if he is serious about trying to come to UK.

Trent is good friends with Reed Sheppard. Jeff would let Pope know how good this kid is. Pope (unlike Cal) would know how to utilize him.

He's a Kentucky boy who apparently grew up as a Wildcat fan. If he is given an opportunity to play for Kentucky he would walk through Hell to be here (like all of us would have). His letter of intent means nothing compared to an opportunity to be at Kentucky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT