ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry

If he does what Boston, the one and done player from years ago....we may have a hard year.

We gotta find our rhythm on offense, each time we get a chance to make a play.

Yeah, he's definitely a shooter. Is he as good as say Booker or clutch like Harrison? We will see, I hope he has a very memorable career here, being from Kentucky too.

Crazy enough Max Green was the best player in the state too (imo). Glad we are putting out kids that will have a chance again.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Perry and Noah aren't the only shooters. Teams are going to have a very tough time keeping our 3s to a minimum. I have a feeling 3s are gonna be raining like BBN has never seen before.
Trat’s right. It’s exciting we have a couple freshman that can flat out shoot along with some experienced folks. Been awhile for sure.

Pope's going to scheme him and Noah open and hide any potential defensive deficiencies by switching things up on defense (i.e. zones and stuff that Calipari would never do).
No offense but if Perry and Noah are getting any kind of significant minutes this season then I don’t see us being a very good team. Especially Noah. Love the kid but he’s slow, couldn’t guard and probably would have a hard time getting his shot off against sec competition. Gives these kids a couple more seasons to mature and then we can talk about them being contributors with that shooting ability and improved athleticism to being able to guard

We shall see, big difference in shooting open set shots and doing so creating your own shot, etc

Not saying he can't do that at all, but you guys forget every year how many players light it up in practice and then can't hit in games

No offense but if Perry and Noah are getting any kind of significant minutes this season then I don’t see us being a very good team. Especially Noah. Love the kid but he’s slow, couldn’t guard and probably would have a hard time getting his shot off against sec competition. Gives these kids a couple more seasons to mature and then we can talk about them being contributors with that shooting ability and improved athleticism to being able to guard

I'm not expecting either to start or play 25 minutes a game but I think they can be rotation guys. They'll get open looks in this offense. It's Pope's job to put them in a position to where they aren't total liabilities on defense. Can he? I don't know. But I trust him way more than Calipari in that regard.

I mean, they're the 8th and 9th men on the team most likely. So no reason to really worry about it.

Pope will scheme our shooters open..... they will not have to create that often under our current HC.

I'm not terribly concerned. But we are all kind of guessing lets see how the first 10 games go.

Not sure if he and Noah will play much this year. They’re already 10 deep without them.

I actually forgot about Chandler when I was counting the roster in my head a few minutes ago. He'll probably be above the other freshmen in the pecking order.

I still think one or both of Perry/Noah can provide quality minutes in some games. Some people on here just have Cal PTSD. They'd be victory cigars in the past but Pope can put them in positions to succeed, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT