ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Brady eyeing a return to the NFL

Obviously that’s in the works. Bengals fans are the Missouri football of the NFL, talk a big game, win a couple divisions and a conference but never anything that means anything 😆.

In just 52 games, Burrow's been sacked 148 times (2.85 sacks per game).

2020: 32 sacks in 10 games, 10th. He was on pace for about 51, which would have put him in 1st.
2021: 51 sacks in 16 games, 1st.
2022: 41 sacks in 16 games, 6th.
2023: 24 sacks in 10 games. He was on pace for abut 40, which would've put him in the top five.

If Cincy can finally get him some elite protection, the sky's the limit -- if, as LineSkiCat and JumperJack have noted, he isn't already permanently damaged. :/

I can understand why he'd want to come back. You can't play defense anymore in the NFL. It's basically flag football now. That hip drop tackle rule is going to be such a huge slippery slope. It's going to ruin big time games. I just know it.

Meh imo he's staying relevant which I get.

Imo I don't know anyone ever breaks his records. Mahommes is awesome but even more awesome is his pairing with Andy Reid. Once Andy goes, mahommes will drop off. It's amazing how incredibly underrated Andy Reid still is.

Meh imo he's staying relevant which I get.

Imo I don't know anyone ever breaks his records. Mahommes is awesome but even more awesome is his pairing with Andy Reid. Once Andy goes, mahommes will drop off. It's amazing how incredibly underrated Andy Reid still is.

Yeah Andy Reid is going to sting when he goes.. BUT, you know Andy isn't giving up his golden ticket easily.. And the Chiefs are going to be favorites going into this season. They just won the SB with almost no WRs.. and they've already added to them with Hollywood Brown. So while the Mahomes has a ways to go.. he IS going to have a very good chance to 3-peat, and his team likely isn't going to be worse over the enxt few years, than it was last season.

Bengals will bounce back, but I just dont see them as the real threat to the Chiefs right now. I need to see Burrow sty healthy.. I think right now it's the Texans who might be the biggest threat.

I can understand why he'd want to come back. You can't play defense anymore in the NFL. It's basically flag football now. That hip drop tackle rule is going to be such a huge slippery slope. It's going to ruin big time games. I just know it.

He mentioned that now a few times on interviews, and it comes across as kind of sour grapes. He knows the league just got easier for QBs (which is funny, because he didn't seem to have an issue with how much easier it got for him, than the guys in the 70s and 80s and 90s..). These QBs also now have an additional game every season to add to stats.

He knows Mahomes is likely going to break a lot of his records and put his GOAT status in doubt. Brady wants to come back if there's a team like San Fran that he can win with, just to put some more separation in. Make no mistake: this isn't about some "love for the game".. it's all related to image and legacy.

Yeah Andy Reid is going to sting when he goes.. BUT, you know Andy isn't giving up his golden ticket easily.. And the Chiefs are going to be favorites going into this season. They just won the SB with almost no WRs.. and they've already added to them with Hollywood Brown. So while the Mahomes has a ways to go.. he IS going to have a very good chance to 3-peat, and his team likely isn't going to be worse over the enxt few years, than it was last season.

Bengals will bounce back, but I just dont see them as the real threat to the Chiefs right now. I need to see Burrow sty healthy.. I think right now it's the Texans who might be the biggest threat.

I think Andy's desire outpaces his physical condition. I know his poor balance was the excuse he gave for kelce pushing him but he truly does have mobility issues. He doesn't get around well and his obesity itself undoubtedly causes issues especially coupled with his famously poor diet.

Sucks but I just see the guy being physically capable of coaching more than 3 more years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT