ADVERTISEMENT

Tolly Ho

Never been there before. I know it's a UK staple. We live in Eastern Kentucky and usually eat at "nicer" places when we are down there. Anyway, is it worth a trip to eat there or is it not? Thanks

Tell them you've never been so you get special treatment.

Any old timers remember this dive? On the corner of ....East High and Rose. What a shock. Had decent chili. I think they filmed a scene from the movie Steel here. The same movie where the stuntman died when his airbag busted in Lexington during filming of the movie.

810610HighonRosecp.jpg
The owner, Mike Stivic, out front

Reactions: UK82
803 South: Or, as we used to call it: Slump Busters...

(Never fall asleep with your arm under her, because you're definitely going to want to get out of there fast. Don't wake her, and never look back. It'll haunt you if you do. If you forget something like your watch or your wallet, bite the bullet and write it off)

Last edited:
803 South: Or, as we used to call it: Slump Busters...

(Never fall asleep with your arm under her, because you're definitely going to want to get out of there fast. Don't wake her, and never look back. It'll haunt you if you do. If you forget something like your watch or your wallet, bite the bullet and write it off)
Frat brother owned that joint. A lobe of my liver was vomited all over that place.

Hell to the no. That Campus has changed so damn much since I went there from ‘89-‘93. I want this last bit of my history there to stay put.
Any old timers remember this dive? On the corner of ....East High and Rose. What a shock. Had decent chili. I think they filmed a scene from the movie Steel here. The same movie where the stuntman died when his airbag busted in Lexington during filming of the movie.

810610HighonRosecp.jpg
Chips and Salsa and $4 pitchers upstairs.

There was an acoustic band that played there every week called the Castaways, I believe.

Loved me some High on Rose.

Reactions: trueblujr2 and UK82
Super Ho with Cheese, Fries, and an Extra Large Diet Coke.

$5.04

Ate there at least three times a week while living across the street in Holmes Hall.

Anyone remember Donna who worked the counter? Our entire floor was on a first name basis with her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT