ADVERTISEMENT

Titans take

I think that's a good landing spot. Won't be thrown into the fire early BUT will have an opportunity to step up and play at some point in the next couple of years. I've never bought Tannehill as the answer for that team.

Reactions: jameslee32
Now they need to find someone that can run routes and actually catch the damned ball. They should be able to find some help in FA, but we need a good WR pick too. It's pretty amusing how much hate this pick is getting from other Titans fans. Pretty easy to see why too. Bunch of Vols more than likely.

Reactions: FtWorthCat
Titans are solid organization. The only thing that concerns me is MOST Titans fans are also Vols fans. They did NOT want Levis at all.

He’s been the talk of Nashville sports radio for 2 weeks and even the media was wishing Titans would not draft him. Sports media are player friendly in Nashville, but they’ve been talking trash about Will for several weeks.

Will probably sits this year unless Tannehill gets injured. Unfortunately, fans will have a short leash with Will. Hope he shows out during preseason games.

I happen to be a Titans fan anyway so pretty happy with the pick. That being said, it remains to be seen whether he will be good enough to start at the next level. That squirrel they drafted last year was a wasted pick, so the Titans should have a much better backup at the least. He won't be 3rd string behind the squirrel. It's a good situation for Levis. Can learn under Tanny for a season and hopefully by then they will have a better idea of his potential. Was hoping their next pick would be a receiver but they picked a receiving RB. Sounds like he has injury history. Really wish they would quit drafting injury prone players.

Reactions: FtWorthCat
A good place for Levis. He gets to learn for a year or two, gets to stay in the south where he is better known, and in a few years will be in a brand new stadium.
Contract should approximately 10 million with a 4.5 million sigining bonus.

Titans are solid organization. The only thing that concerns me is MOST Titans fans are also Vols fans. They did NOT want Levis at all.

He’s been the talk of Nashville sports radio for 2 weeks and even the media was wishing Titans would not draft him. Sports media are player friendly in Nashville, but they’ve been talking trash about Will for several weeks.

Will probably sits this year unless Tannehill gets injured. Unfortunately, fans will have a short leash with Will. Hope he shows out during preseason games.
And if he turns out to be good they will forget they never liked him and deny it.

Winning fixes everything.

I was born a Falcons fan, but I've always liked the Titans as my AFC team, and I'm ecstatic that Levis went there.

I happen to be a Titans fan anyway so pretty happy with the pick. That being said, it remains to be seen whether he will be good enough to start at the next level. That squirrel they drafted last year was a wasted pick, so the Titans should have a much better backup at the least. He won't be 3rd string behind the squirrel. It's a good situation for Levis. Can learn under Tanny for a season and hopefully by then they will have a better idea of his potential. Was hoping their next pick would be a receiver but they picked a receiving RB. Sounds like he has injury history. Really wish they would quit drafting injury prone players.

Good post. Speaking of Tannehill, he is a good guy to learn under. When he was at Texas A&M he was recruited as a QB. But was third string at QB, so he moved to WR for his first two and a half years until he became the starter at QB. He was close to an all-conference WR. Great team guy. As I understand it, Tannehill has one more year, with two option years left on his contract. He is 34. So Tannehill for a year or maybe two, then Levis takes over.

Good post. Speaking of Tannehill, he is a good guy to learn under. When he was at Texas A&M he was recruited as a QB. But was third string at QB, so he moved to WR for his first two and a half years until he became the starter at QB. He was close to an all-conference WR. Great team guy. As I understand it, Tannehill has one more year, with two option years left on his contract. He is 34. So Tannehill for a year or maybe two, then Levis takes over.
🤮

Tannehill sucks. He’s often injured. If will can’t beat out the two guys the titans have this year then he won’t make it in the league. I don’t think you take a man like Levis as the first pick of the second round and bench him while you lose either. Tennessee also drafted an injured RB at 11. Really some questionable strategy by them. Two years ago Tenn was a serious contender and they have slid mightily. I thought last night it was going to be a good situation for Levis but now I’m not so sure. I thought the titans would go all in with him. Unless their oline sucks he should be the guy day 1 based off how crappy the other 2 are

Reactions: Johnfarrel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT