ADVERTISEMENT

Another Coen Post

To be fair, Coen is kind of the guy responsible for all the turnover. His departure after only one season in 2021 set this program back in many ways. Now he's at least entertaining offers from NFL teams already after his second 1 year stint. At some point the guy needs to decide whether he wants to be here or not.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but having Coen back is best for UK and probably best for him too. I will support him while he is here.

A new OC will not be better. I’m tired of the constant turnover.

To be fair, Coen is kind of the guy responsible for all the turnover. His departure after only one season in 2021 set this program back in many ways. Now he's at least entertaining offers from NFL teams already after his second 1 year stint. At some point the guy needs to decide whether he wants to be here or not.
I maybe a little crazy, but I agree with BOTH of these takes.

I want Coen to return for next season, but after that I feel like with all of these other teams naming him as a candidate for their jobs and him moving around so much throughout his career, it will make it more difficult to recruit players.

What has me so puzzled is WHY would these NFL and Bigtime college teams want an OC that is averaging 50 plays/game?

Reactions: Soupbean
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but having Coen back is best for UK and probably best for him too. I will support him while he is here.

A new OC will not be better. I’m tired of the constant turnover.
A New OC can't do better than 98th in country, which we were this season in total offense? Last in all of college football in pace of play?

A New OC can't do better than 98th in country, which we were this season in total offense? Last in all of college football in pace of play?
I want coaches that WANT to be here. All the flirtation with taking the next offer is self-imposed fracture to a program. If Coen wants to "entertain" other offers ... move on and the sooner the better. If this University is WILLING to show them loyalty and they cannot reciprocate then again ... show them the door. If a coach is "worth their salt" ... UK is the perfect place to hone their craft and build a legacy.

Reactions: UKat1 and vhcat70
That’s on the Head Coach and Head Coach only.

That’s why NFL clubs will look at him because they know who controls the pace of games at UK.
The same person who quite likely has the philosophy (or at least agrees with it) ala "bend but don't break" on D...

Reactions: UKat1
I maybe a little crazy, but I agree with BOTH of these takes.

I want Coen to return for next season, but after that I feel like with all of these other teams naming him as a candidate for their jobs and him moving around so much throughout his career, it will make it more difficult to recruit players.

What has me so puzzled is WHY would these NFL and Bigtime college teams want an OC that is averaging 50 plays/game?
It's the Coen phenomenon. Ive been somewhat underwhelmed with his overall performance both years he's been here yet still like him and want him to stay. He has some kind of mind control over us!

I think its a combination of the fact he's shown flashes of success and ability and he's a nice guy. A lot of his reputation came from is association with the Rams and McVay and even the Announcers fawn over him as if he's a hot commodity, but not sure he's lived completely up to that thus far in the college game and if he stays he needs to take it to the next step and show he's an elite play caller and game manager.

Reactions: catben and K_TIME
Maybe flirting with other teams will give him some leverage to get more control over the play calling,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT