ADVERTISEMENT

'Tis the season UofL edition

I do not get the obsession with worrying about UofL. Let them be over there. I hope every team even a team that went 0-100 over the past 10 years has the hope for a better season. Let little brother fans dream big, as long as we put them in their place when we play them i could care less.

I know I have followed UK since I can remember mid 60s when i was a very tiny person and I always hope we are awesome. The Cursi years and the Stoops years are greater anticipation over most other years but heck we did not have a great year and the other day with family i argued with my brother that we can go 11-1 or 10-2. He thinks more 8-4 or 6-6 type year.
Going to take a few years to change people's minds about Kentucky football. Hell I don't believe it yet honestly. I mean I know it's not a fluke but people don't realize how built we really are. They'll get used to it.

Maybe we’re happy with the upgrade in coaching and the players that have joined our squad. What is your definition of delusional?
Nothing wrong with that, I probably know as much about your team as the guys referenced in the OP know about ours. Difference is no one here is making up shit to make themselves feel better. As mentioned, our o-line will be better by default and our defense is top 3 in the SEC which says a lot but those guys are pulling stuff out of their ass as it’s apparent they know nothing about this squad. But they’ll predict 10-2 just because of Brohm who will be installing a new system. And it works both ways with the guys you brought in, we had pretty good haul ourselves.

What did you predict on the UK vs ul game?
I haven’t predicted anything on any game yet, I will after seeing teams play. Who knows what the starters will look like that late in the season, injuries are inevitable.

100% of your fanbase predicted y’all beating Vanderbilt last year, was that being delusional?
Predicting a vandy win and losing a one possession game determined by an interception isn’t the same as Louisville fans predicting a win against Kentucky every year and losing by 25 points a game in 3 games. I’m sure you know this. Again, delusion. The fact that you even allow yourself to try and justify that is funny.

Predicting a vandy win and losing a one possession game determined by an interception isn’t the same as Louisville fans predicting a win against Kentucky every year and losing by 25 points a game in 3 games. I’m sure you know this. Again, delusion. The fact that you even allow yourself to try and justify that is funny.
Ever since Petrino tanked in 2018 you haven’t seen or heard Louisville fans saying that. Please send links unless you’re just making up stuff to get likes.

Reactions: Lamar Card
These are just tweets from searching “Louisville will beat Kentucky”

Now let’s talk about the message board, Mark Ennis, Steve Rummage, Mark Blankenbaker predictions.

Your fan base was convinced satterfield and shitty ass tutu atwell and Malik/Micale would beat Lynn Bowden at QB. They were convinced after destroying Syracuse and Duke they’d beat Will Levis, and again last year they were convinced they’d beat an injured Kentucky team with a QB playing on one leg and a bad offensive line. Its EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Current ACC best and worst case scenarios for teams thread on Collision course.

“9-3 at worst”

“8-4 would be a disappointing season”

Lmfao can’t make this shit up. Such goobers. Goobers that completely lack self awareness.
If I remember correctly last year the consensus on here was 9 or 10 wins for you guys. I’d rather be an optimist than a pessimist. When throwing stones one should always look into the mirror first.

100% of your fanbase predicted y’all beating Vanderbilt last year, was that being delusional?
Yes but the difference is we had beaten Vandy like 7 years in a row, usually by a lot. UK had beaten UL by like a 100 points over the past three games.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
UL fans are like Slinky's. They are not good for much but they can be a lot of fun if you push them down a flight of stairs.

images

If I remember correctly last year the consensus on here was 9 or 10 wins for you guys. I’d rather be an optimist than a pessimist. When throwing stones one should always look into the mirror first.
The offensive line breaking hard from its normal high-level play and the OC crapping the bed were two casualties a lot of fans didn't forsee. Likewise, UofL beating Kentucky would be a break from the norm that a lot of UofL fans CAN somehow foresee.

(All in good fun. The dog days of summer board is dull and by God, we need CFB back.)

Like you said, rocky, hope springs eternal in the off-season. This'll get settled between the goal posts this fall.

🔵 🏈 🔴

I was just trying to make a point about being a fan of a school, optimism usually is higher during the off season.
We all get that. That wasn’t his main point. His main point was if a UK fan did what you did he would be permanently banned from your website for his opinion. Then the whole fan base would berate him for being a classic azzhole UK fan. I know. I was banned for commenting. Nothing even negative. Just a Fact presented. You were somehow favored by Vegas 2 years ago. I presented the scores from the previous two meetings. They didn’t like that fact and permanently banned me. Your fan base is so ate up with jealousy you can’t even converse with a UK fan without getting angry. Just a horrible bunch of babies. When UL was on its run with us while Petrino was here he tried to score again up by 30 with one minute left. He then publicly thru the media gave us the term The Slapdicks. During our run Stoops has emptied the bench in the 4th quarter and played the backup QB in each game. Funny. I don’t remember our fans acting like crybabies even tho the treatment during those runs don’t compare.

Last edited:
Not sure I'd be reminding myself if you guys lost to Duke but beat the hell out of us a couple of weeks later. So, there's that.

Not sure I'd be reminding myself if you guys lost to Duke but beat the hell out of us a couple of weeks later. So, there's that.
26. - 13
346 - 309 yards
0 - 3 turnovers

Is that what you consider beating the hell out of? 3 turnovers lost that game and yes I know that they are a part of the game. And we had a very mediocre coaching staff

26. - 13
346 - 309 yards
0 - 3 turnovers

Is that what you consider beating the hell out of? 3 turnovers lost that game and yes I know that they are a part of the game. And we had a very mediocre coaching staff
That was the closest game in the last 4 tries. Same result. Uk had one of the worst olines in D1 last year and you still could stop them from scoring. That won't change this year. I do expect both teams to be much improved this year , but your line issues won't be fixed in 1 class.

26. - 13
346 - 309 yards
0 - 3 turnovers

I know you probably didn't watch the game because Louisville fans are rarely knowledgeable when it comes to actual football.

But the game was 26-7 and Kentucky started running clock. Yes.....it was an ass kicking lol.

You have to watch the games to actually know whats going on. I tell this to my UofL friends all the time but they disagree. They believe you can talk about the games even when you know nothing about the sport itself.

• Haha
Reactions: rockycard
I know you probably didn't watch the game because Louisville fans are rarely knowledgeable when it comes to actual football.

But the game was 26-7 and Kentucky started running clock. Yes.....it was an ass kicking lol.

Our 1 thru 3 running backs didn’t play, and our quarterback came into the game injured and couldn’t play much. Now what?

Our 1 thru 3 running backs didn’t play, and our quarterback came into the game injured and couldn’t play much. Now what?
our QB was hurt and he was much better then your QB
you should count it a blessing your QB was hurt, he lost you as many games as he won you

Nothing wrong with that, rocky maybe you can answer this question as NO one has been able to.

Why was Brohm never mentioned when big jobs opened up around the Country?

I can't recall his name ever coming up as a replacement at a big name school, maybe I'm wrong?
Dallas,you know the Bama,OSU,Georgia and Clemson jobs were not open or they would have approached.
He was not called Bear Brohm for no reason.

Rocky, you are a Card fan and I don't blame you one bit for looking forward to the UK game. That said, considering the remarkably poor performances Cunningham put up against the CATS in his first three years, I'd be hard pressed to find a reason to believe he would have made a difference last year.

With regard to this year, the timing of the game in UKs schedule, the likelihood the Cards will have a gaudy WL record when it is played and having a new alumni coach all favor the Cards.

To counter that UK will have a very good D, which ESPN ranks top five in the country. This includes an excellent DL. You may not know this but according to Phil Steele, two starting first team All-SEC DL will be starting for UK, not Georgia, not Alabama, not LSU.

I don't know who will win the Governor's Cup but I do believe it usually goes to the team with the better DL. I like UK's chances just as I am sure you like the Cards.

Louisville fans are getting chesty over on TOS. Their team will win 10 games......maybe go undefeated! They have a thread up titled "Stoops Sucks" and I thought I'd share a couple of funny posts from over there.

I find this one funny because it's completely made up. Marrow isn't out there degrading players and he isn't being racist. Somehow our locker room is a train wreck but they've had countless dudes leave the program and they just had a coach essentially campaigning for a new job for 3 years. Its just hilarious how every year they just make up shit that's obviously a lie but they're so gullible they eat it up.

Ah yes. I never realized how many insiders they had over there on CardMarch. They have all of the information. This is what.....the 10th year in a row these same statements have been made from them? Keep trying and I'm sure you'll eventually hit on one of these inside scoops Vette.
You should bookmark those and give a nudge in October.

Reactions: ryanbruner
You should bookmark those and give a nudge in October.
I don't post over there or I would. Their fans are extremely soft and the first sign of intelligent life usually results in a ban.

Their fans remind me of the early seasons of Andy Bernard on The Office. Very frail. Very triggered. Very beta. UK fans (Dwight) are in the storage room banging the woman they covet (success/Angela).

Reactions: satcheluk
UofL’s leading rusher for last year played in this game and ran for over a 100yds. Malik Cunningham might have been able to carve up mediocre defenses in the ACC but against UK he was completely overmatched. Kinda like you on this board lol.

I do not get the obsession with worrying about UofL. Let them be over there. I hope every team even a team that went 0-100 over the past 10 years has the hope for a better season. Let little brother fans dream big, as long as we put them in their place when we play them i could care less.

I know I have followed UK since I can remember mid 60s when i was a very tiny person and I always hope we are awesome. The Cursi years and the Stoops years are greater anticipation over most other years but heck we did not have a great year and the other day with family i argued with my brother that we can go 11-1 or 10-2. He thinks more 8-4 or 6-6 type year.
I hope you got over being a tiny person, especially if you played football, but then I am sure you did. But then everyone has a place in life.

I agree, I don't care how they finish as long as we beat them handily, in fact we look better the better they play. I hope you are right and he is wrong about our record, I already have bets on us being over 7 wins on the season., I am very confident, but I don't like the even number bets since you lose ties.

Evidently you don’t deal with their fan base on a daily basis. I have one guy at work every morning first words out everyday when he sees me he says. YOUR PROGRAM IS GARBAGE. GARBAGE!! Every Day.
You should record my program is garbage on your phone and play it for him, and then tell him he doesn't have to bother any more, you play it back to yourself every day.

I've been to UL boards. They are completely delusional and have a complete lack of knowledge. Anyone that tries to be realistic gets attacked by the other posters . I go there for a good laugh, and never post. So I don't automatically get banned
I used to do that, but then I realized what a waste of time it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT