ADVERTISEMENT

Time to prove some people wrong SKJ

As far as I could tell, SKJ was never given a chance to beat out Isaac Humphries -- at least not in a game situation . . . and there were lots of game situations in which he could have gotten some PT, where the outcome was never in doubt. Just MHO, of course.

He didnt get a single minute of playing time the second half of the season. That was not due to his skill level, it seems obvious there was something outside of actual skill that kept him out.

People were saying he may be the best in the class during summer practices, he has huge potential, hopefully this year he plays like the All American that he was.

I'm gonna believe he will have improved until he proves me that he hasnt. Too much potential not to think he will contribute.

It must have been something between his ears, because he sure has the skills! Someone and/or something needs to light that fire. GO CATS!!

He didnt get a single minute of playing time the second half of the season. That was not due to his skill level, it seems obvious there was something outside of actual skill that kept him out.

People were saying he may be the best in the class during summer practices, he has huge potential, hopefully this year he plays like the All American that he was.
This is my opinion as well. Tai was getting more minutes and Gabriel was struggling down the stretch. If he didn't have something going on behind the scenes then he would have got a shot in the second semester. he would have at least seen scrub time and he didn't even get that. Brad had more 2nd semester minutes.

We have very limited evidence as to what SKJ is or is not,prove is the operative word,he has to prove that he can contribute.It will be an interesting off season,maybe the most interesting since Cal has been here.We will get to see some of our guys in July in game situations.

Cal is the most interesting coach in college basketball,keep recruiting amigo

I am choosing to be optimistic about him for next year. By fall he should be able to contribute some and show some flashes.

Exactly.

If Willie Cauley Stein does not get hurt in 2014, what would our opinion have been of Marcus Lee?

Every time Lee touched the court he looked lost and added no value to the team. He seemed like a bust destined for transfer.

Of course, his sickness held him back a bit during the season. When the situation called for it against Michigan...he delivered.

Who knows what was wrong with Sacha, but maybe he got better but the rotation was already set come tourney time. Several players on the team said he made strides in practice by March. The talent is there, lets hope he is ready!

Hard to say what to expect from him when we literally didn't see him at all. The people mocking those who think he'll be good do so because he got zero playing time so they assume he was terrible.

But consider; Brad Calipari got out in the games when we had them firmly in hand. Sacha didn't. So does that mean Brad is the better player? Not a chance. There was some reason he wasn't getting in besides not being good enough. Maybe cal was making a statement about his practice efforts or preparation or something. But the bottom line is, we really haven't a clue what he's capable of.

SKJ struggled with tendinitis, and missed practices because of it. If you don't practice, you don't play. Tendinitis is no joke, and when you have in certain spots, say the patellas, then you have to step back from the game and focus on building strength while healing the tendons.

Yes, most pro basketball players have it and play through it, but most pro players aren't 18 and the pain threshold is different for everyone. I have full confidence in the strength and conditioning program to get SKJ to rested and ready for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT