ADVERTISEMENT

Tie your shoes for the win!

I'm going to enjoy the last 4-5 carries Wilcox will have as a UK player this year because he won't be here next year. UK's spit and sputter offense, desperate for playmakers, won't give carries to a guy that needs 15-18 rushes/game. This is pure chickenshit.
Yeah I'm afraid this has portal entry written all over it.

Reactions: jeffky
This is an absolute joke. This is NOT the deflection you think it is, Stoops. This is an admission of failure.

We lost to Vanderbilt largely because of not doing the basics. Stupid penalties. Poor clock management. Mark Stoops teams don't do the little things.

"I bet his players can't even tie their shoes" is a joke someone probably made after the 10th stupid penalty of the game.

Stoops thinks this somehow takes some blame off of him. I've never in the history of college football heard another coach say "I can't play a good player because he can't keep his shoes tied." This isn't an issue anywhere else in CFB.

Any other coach would have solved this issue before week 6. Your job is to get the players ready and keep the on the field. The man is paid 9 million dollars. Give me 1 million. I can't promise we'll win football games, but EVERYONE will have their shoes tied or duct taped to their feet.

All of the above ignores the bigger issue:

Let's say his shoes came off 5 times Saturday. That's 5 offensive plays he would have to miss. We ran 58 offensive plays. If he has to sit out a play for his shoes coming off, there's 50+ plays unaccounted for. Like, what are we talking about here?

It sounds a lot like the Kenny Payne word vomit when he knew the end was coming.

Van Hiles mailed it: 15 RB runs, total. 14 QB runs.

And I would grant the QB runs, and focus on less reliance on a 58% passing game, at least until the opponent’s Defense can prove it can stop the damn run.

Did they ever “stone” a back for a loss or no gain?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT