ADVERTISEMENT

This loss will pay dividends

Great point. And you can say "shitty" on the internet, bub.

Nice edit lol

Pay dividends? Lol we’re an Elite 8 team at best. Last time I checked we only hang Final Four and Championship banners.

Cardsstink

You poor guy. You would have thought you would have learned your lesson when you went BERSERK calling me @kybassfan, telling me I was "caught" as @kybassfan and ending up dead wrong. But you didn't. Poor Jeff, has threads he started deleted because they are dumb and full of him insulting people. [laughing] How was the "timeout" you were put on as a result of that mental breakdown? [roll]

No it won't. It cost us a 2 seed. Go google ncaa tournament champions and seed. If you look at the last 20 years its overwhelmingly 1 and 2 seeds with some 3 seeds every few years (the one outlier being 7 seed UConn). Seeding absolutely matters. March madness isn't the crapshoot everyone makes it out to be.

Facts.

Blah Blah Blah. When will you get out from under your covers after the loss? In time for Saturday's game?

Milk on the floor (or maybe it's pee pee).

Reactions: Mossip
After the Auburn game where we played hard all game. I had just convinced myself that we were gonna make a Final Four run. I'm not so sure now. We'll see if they bounce back Saturday at Florida.

I agree. I think we will, but we'll have to see. If Hagans will simply set people up and play great defense, we can do it. Big if.

Haven't learned that lesson all year. What makes you think this one will do it? Wishful thinking.

You poor guy. You would have thought you would have learned your lesson when you went BERSERK calling me @kybassfan, telling me I was "caught" as @kybassfan and ending up dead wrong. But you didn't. Poor Jeff, has threads he started deleted because they are dumb and full of him insulting people. [laughing] How was the "timeout" you were put on as a result of that mental breakdown? [roll]
Honestly, Bassfan is a better poster than you. And that's a statement

Reactions: KFuqua and kyjeff1
Haven't learned that lesson all year. What makes you think this one will do it? Wishful thinking.

This was a season-defining moment IMO. The team will either collapse from here or come together and play harder than ever for each other. I'm betting on the positive outcome.

We are what we are at this point. I don't see anything changing. The only question is can we not completely implode when the opponents inevitably cut the lead down like they always do? The first test is Saturday. How we respond after this loss will give you a good idea how this season likely ends.

Some of you really have battered woman syndrome with this team huh? If the other embarrassing losses didn't help why would this one be different. These guys just have no killer instinct or basketball IQ whatsoever I don't see how that can be changed

Surely you don't think anyone here takes you seriously based on your last act? You signed up with basically the same name after a loss......lol Did you wipe the drool off of your lips before you frantically created this name after the loss? [roll]:flush:

amazing how everyone even in the media were saying “deep run” just one game ago. this is my problem with metrics btw. pollsters would probably drop us more due to the sudden question marks on the team. metrics as they are can’t do that. they don’t account for being exposed.

separately, to address the negative posting, i must say there is zero point to piling on certain players at this point. we have one regular season game left. cal is not shy about getting on his players. but it is obvious our team is on the floor. it’s not like we’re deep. if cal is going to get on these players then i think they should otherwise be confident. some of the narratives fans are building on social media don’t allow incentive in the confidence department.
if they’re “gone” anyway what incentive do they have to play better now, if everything’s negatively based? with negative narratives of “this is what you must do...and you can’t” help no one. when the player finally gets it mentally or from coaching, some of the fans around them are still viewing with a “oh you actually made a good play” perspective. since fricking when has this attitude ever helped?

it’s no wonder our home court sucks (compared to what it could be). it’s not just the wine and cheese and “do something good for us now” mentality, it’s that nervous ass “oh my god we’re not playing well and are only up 3” attitude. it never helps us ever. the game play always continues and basically forces individuals to take over and rise above everything just to get people on their feet. that’s pretty ridiculous if you ask me and doesn’t even speak to team basketball or what should be positive energy regardless of circumstance. rupp only rocks when a team with a higher ranking than us comes in because it means we don’t have to be embarrassed to cheer because of perceived inferiority complexes. it’s so stupid. rupp gets louder on booing a bad call than cheering a beneficial one. feels nice for about 2 seconds and it does nothing.

i think the negative energy is real and i’m glad most of our tolerant fans here take breaks from posting while nameless flies post all the threads. it’s better to say nothing at all if the possibility of fixing the problem is too low for it to be realistic anyway. too many flamers think it helps us to be negative while leaving no incentive or light at the end of the tunnel. the only benefit possible is cal and the team using that as motivation. against some of our own fans though would be pretty ridiculous. if i was coach i’d probably use that.

I didn't have any threads deleted, I don't know what you're talking about.

And I think this is funny as hell. You are talking about the timeout I was given, but you had to create a whole new account, because your Cardsstink account was banned.

You're a pathetic troll.

Reactions: new era cat
I agree. I think we will, but we'll have to see. If Hagans will simply set people up and play great defense, we can do it. Big if.
How is Hagans going to do that? According to you, he's a selfish player.

Which us funny, you run around here calling people out for their constructive criticism of Cal and some of the players.

Hypocrite.

I didn't have any threads deleted, I don't know what you're talking about.

And I think this is funny as hell. You are talking about the timeout I was given, but you had to create a whole new account, because your Cardsstink account was banned.

You're a pathetic troll.

You're lying through your teeth. Wow. Good to know exactly what kind of guy you are. Several here remember the thread, including you, that was deleted because you went nuts calling people names. The thread you started was about us playing better after Cal was ejected and you referenced the South Carolina game and then Arkansas game. You were HAMMERED from all directions, started calling people names and it and you were gone overnight. This was just weeks ago. You lying about it only shows what kind of a guy you are. Call me names of banned posters all you want, it only shows you have nothing to stand on. Bold faced lying, absolutely pathetic.

You're lying through your teeth. Wow. Good to know exactly what kind of guy you are. Several here remember the thread, including you, that was deleted because you went nuts calling people names. The thread you started was about us playing better after Cal was ejected and you referenced the South Carolina game and then Arkansas game. You were HAMMERED from all directions, started calling people names and it and you were gone overnight. This was just weeks ago. You lying about it only shows what kind of a guy you are. Call me names of banned posters all you want, it only shows you have nothing to stand on. Bold faced lying, absolutely pathetic.
I thought you were talking about a thread started today.

Yeah, I remember that other thread, but it wasn't deleted and I certainly remember it differently than you do. I was kicking your asses in that thread.

But it's pretty funny how you are trying to cut me down because I called Cal out for his pathetic offensive style, but it's okay for you to trash players.

Cal makes 9 million a year, Hagans is a player that makes zero and you trashed him. You're as pathetic as Cardsstink… oh yeah, that's right, you are Cardssting.

I thought you were talking about a thread started today.

Yeah, I remember that other thread, but it wasn't deleted and I certainly remember it differently than you do. I was kicking your asses in that thread.

But it's pretty funny how you are trying to cut me down because I called Cal out for his pathetic offensive style, but it's okay for you to trash players.

Cal makes 9 million a year, Hagans is a player that makes zero and you trashed him. You're as pathetic as Cardsstink… oh yeah, that's right, you are Cardssting.

More lies, lol. Pull up the thread, then. You can't as it was deleted by the mods because you went nuts calling people names as a result of getting made fun of. Find the post or you're just another liar on the internet.

Serious question: Are you in a straight jacket? You post like a guy in a straight jacket that has a pet hamster named Liberace' that's wearing a little blue sequin jacket while pounding his nose on the keyboard for him.

Last edited:
More lies, lol. Pull up the thread, then. You can't as it was deleted by the mods because you went nuts calling people names as a result of getting made fun of. Find the post or you're just another liar on the internet.

Serious question: Are you in a straight jacket? You post like a guy in a straight jacket that has a pet hamster named Liberace' that wearing a little blue sequin jacket while pounding his nose on the keyboard for him.
I really don't know if that thread got deleted or not and I don't care.

Did it hurt your feelings when I called you a dingleberry? Did you cry? I bet you did.

I really don't know if that thread got deleted or not and I don't care.

Did it hurt your feelings when I called you a dingleberry? Did you cry? I bet you did.

No but I laughed when the one guy read the thread you had started and asked "is this a serious thread" ? [laughing]

How old is Liberace ?

Last edited:
No but I laughed when the one guy read the thread you had started and asked "is this a serious thread" ? [laughing]

How old is Liberace ?
That made you laugh? Sounds like I could make you laugh all day long just by telling knock-knock jokes.

You don't get out of that short bus very often, do you?

That made you laugh? Sounds like I could make you laugh all day long just by telling knock-knock jokes.

You don't get out of that short bus very often, do you?

The last person I heard call someone a "dingleberry" was my 8 year old niece calling her 7 year old brother that. [laughing]

You're a light snack.

The last person I heard call someone a "dingleberry" was my 8 year old niece calling her 7 year old brother that. [laughing]

You're a light snack.
You only hope I'm a light snack.

Hey, got any more negative things to say about Hagans? I'm dying to hear more.

You only hope I'm a light snack.

Hey, got any more negative things to say about Hagans? I'm dying to hear more.

Other than him seeming to be about himself, at least for now, nothing else. Everyone sees that. Everyone sees you bashing Cal on a daily basis. Feel sorry for ya, bud.

Other than him seeming to be about himself, at least for now, nothing else. Everyone sees that. Everyone sees you bashing Cal on a daily basis. Feel sorry for ya, bud.
Cal makes 9.million a year, Ashton is a player on the team and you're trashing him.

But you run around this board calling everyone out for being negative and trashing players, but here you are trashing Hagans.

You're a hypocrite that thinks his opinion matters more than everyone elses. You think it's okay to trash Hagans, but you attack others that were doing the same thing when he was turning the ball over 5 times a game. You're full of yourself.

They'll finally get it through their heads that a 15 point lead needs to go to 25 and that they aren't able to just flip a switch and win down the stretch. I think our best ball of the season is in front of us now.

Enjoy the ride, laugh at the loons.
I want to believe this as well. My concern is, it ain't sunk in all year. We shall see

Cal makes 9.million a year, Ashton is a player on the team and you're trashing him.

But you run around this board calling everyone out for being negative and trashing players, but here you are trashing Hagans.

You're a hypocrite that thinks his opinion matters more than everyone elses. You think it's okay to trash Hagans, but you attack others that were doing the same thing when he was turning the ball over 5 times a game. You're full of yourself.

Yawn. I'm not that important and I can make fun of myself, unlike you That's not trashing Hagans, not even close, but you badly need to try and find something on me so you set the straw man upon and knock him down. Good luck with that one. I'm impressed at how quick your pet hamster, Liberace, can type.

Yawn. I'm not that important and I can make fun of myself, unlike you That's not trashing Hagans, not even close, but you badly need to try and find something on me so you set the straw man upon and knock him down. Good luck with that one. I'm impressed at how quick your pet hamster, Liberace, can type.

Thanks for the free entertainment

No it won't. It cost us a 2 seed. Go google ncaa tournament champions and seed. If you look at the last 20 years its overwhelmingly 1 and 2 seeds with some 3 seeds every few years (the one outlier being 7 seed UConn). Seeding absolutely matters. March madness isn't the crapshoot everyone makes it out to be.

As a Statistician, I am all about data inferences.
BUT, do the teams seed dictate their ability to win a championship, or is a team’s ability to win a championship reflected in their regular season accomplishments which is then reflected in their seed?
I think it is more the 2nd and a little bit of the 1st. Yes, a 2 seed has a slightly easy easier path than a 3 seed, but not much. So 2’s have more success because they are generally better teams. Show me a 2 seed this year that hasn’t stumbled mightily in the past 2 weeks. You can’t!
Also, most years there are only 6 to 8 teams with a realistic chance at winning it. This year however, is an anomaly because that number may be more like 12 to 16 teams. Because there are no great or even really good teams this year. So this year will be determined by who gets hot at the right time and matchups!!!

Reactions: Mossip
I think you've got a valid argument i.e. seeding not only produces favorable match-ups, it also reflects ability to win it all based on months worth of performance. If we're trying to find a reason to be optimistic despite some of these head scratching losses, I think you found it -- college basketball is terrible from top to bottom this year.

In the past 35 years, 22 champs have been 1 seeds, 27 have been 1 or 2 seeds, and 31 have been 1, 2 or 3 seeds. So that just makes 4 of 35 years with an anomaly champ seeded below a 3. This year seems prime to be one of those anomaly years where anybody has a chance.

Side note: One of my biggest gripes with the argument that Cal has his teams "hitting their stride in March" is that it completely overlooks the fact that seeding (most years) is paramount to winning it all.

Thanks for the thoughtful response. Good discussion is rare on this board.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT