ADVERTISEMENT

This is what out coached looks like

So you believe our coach doesn't know how to get players to play defense?
Isn't our defense ranked in the top 10 in the country?

Blame cal for everything. You will get one right eventually
One reason our defense is ranked that high is that for most of the season we use most of the shot clock before we shoot the ball. Limits the amount of minutes the other team has the ball.

The offense has changed and he went away from his dribble drive.. Most teams play four and five out and Cal rarely has four kids on the floor that can hurt you from outside. He has no spacing.
He never coached dribble drive here

Anyone know what Cal’s offense is called? I know what it’s called.

Cal has no idea what to do. Meanwhile the Ole Miss coach has his players playing defense like their lives depend on it
Yeah, well.....just wait till NBA draft night. Then you’ll see Cal shine! I'll bet Cal gets double the number of players drafted than does the Ole Miss coach.

PLUS—We still hold the all time record for most wins by a NBA farm team, so what more could the fans want?

GBB!

Last edited:
Thought he did a hell of a job in 2011 and 2013. 2019 was a good job. 2010 he had Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, and Patterson and lost to a West Virginia that was an OK team. Looked like they never prepared for a 1-3-1 zone. 2015 was loaded. Ran in to the only team in the tournament that could beat them. Obviously did a hell of a job 2012.

Might have been the most disheartening game I've ever watched in my life.

My biggest disappointment with Cal is with this team being as bad as it this year, you would hope to see Cal do a little coaching and change things up. Try some different zones, full court presses, come up with something that half way works on offense. Something besides circle, elbow and run on offense. I think he wont zone or press because he doesn't know how to teach them, same with inbounds plays, same with anything offensive. But try something and we will live with it.

My biggest disappointment with Cal is with this team being as bad as it this year, you would hope to see Cal do a little coaching and change things up. Try some different zones, full court presses, come up with something that half way works on offense. Something besides circle, elbow and run on offense. I think he wont zone or press because he doesn't know how to teach them, same with inbounds plays, same with anything offensive. But try something and we will live with it.
it has to a be conscious decision. He has a competent former coach on staff, he has guys that played in the league. Collectively they can teach whatever basketball concept they want to teach.

Cal just doesn't *want* to.

Reactions: KFuqua
It's not the coach. These guys just don't have it.
Yea and the years we did well we had superior talent. Cal just sucks as a Coach, a good Coach would hsve had 2 more titles with the talent we have had in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT