ADVERTISEMENT

This HAS to help with Reed, right?!

If this doesn’t come with Reed and Z returning, Pope is starting off on a terrible foot. I just can’t believe this right now. I’d rather have John Calipari.

Hiring one of his dad's former teammates and best friends to come coach here?

SURELY that has to get Reed and his family leaning one way?
Jeff loves Mark Pope . I don’t know if it will have any influence on Reeds decision. But there was no other coach that would have helped more . Be cool if he hired Padgett as an assistant.

Reed would be under tremendous pressure, if he stays. Helluva more than he felt in his last 2 games …

Last edited:
He’ll nah. That kid is gone as fck. We’re a football school now boys. Move that NIL money quick.

LOL just like we said with Cal, WHO CARES, this isn’t the University of Reed, we’re making a hire for years down the line. And it’s a guy that can’t even win a single NCAAT game. DISGRACEFUL

I am shocked but Mark Pope actually has a decent resume considering the programs he was at. Maybe there is more to the behind the scenes than we know.

LOL just like we said with Cal, WHO CARES, this isn’t the University of Reed, we’re making a hire for years down the line. And it’s a guy that can’t even win a single NCAAT game. DISGRACEFUL
Regardless of who’s coaching, having Reed on next years roster goes a long way towards making that transition a lot smoother. If Donovan magically decides to come here, I can see him taking a great interest in making Reed the focal point of his offense. Can probably see a lot of his former self in Reed.

Dude no. If I was Reed I’d declare now. Now way in hell I’m playing for an unproven coach. If I’m Jeff I even tell Reed to leave.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Reed put up numbers this year that would be hard to duplicate. He stands to lose millions if he comes back.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Hiring one of his dad's former teammates and best friends to come coach here?

SURELY that has to get Reed and his family leaning one way?
For the millionth time:

Reed is a lottery pick. Possibly top 5. If he stays another year he will:

1. No longer be a lottery pick
2. Play on a much weaker team
3. Decrease statistically across every category except PPG
4. Experience the same result in the tournament, if UK even makes it

The players aren't stupid.

No one is excited about this hire.

I keep seeing the usual suspects rambling about Reed returning to get double tested every game abd to will UK to a NIT bid next season.
Tampa has been a Cal lover throughout. More than any of the others, and he acts like that wasn’t the case. Probably starts more threads than anyone on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT