ADVERTISEMENT

This comment sums up Stoops can't fix the program

K_TIME

All-American
Jan 2, 2003
These comments from Stoops almost confirms to me....he has no idea of how to turn this thing around. And is eerily reminiscent of Calipari comments while UK bball spiraled out of control and he was never able to get it back.

The football program has fundamental schematic and philosophy problems on offense. Similar style of defense to play conservative way too much. Stoops simply thinking "being tougher" and "playing with an edge " is the issue pretty much tells me he has no realistic pathway to fix things....and he's got to go at seasons end. Great coach like Saban realized he needed to alter his approach to stay on top and did....Stoops has no plan to embrace the needed changes and thusly the program is spiraling as a result.

Mark Stoops
“We’re going to respond. When people hit us, we’re going to hit back. I didn’t feel the edge and the attitude and the fight that we normally play with,” Stoops said.
“You don’t know what’s going to happen come game time. Wild things happen,” said the Kentucky head coach. “You have to respond and we didn’t respond very well today.”

John Calipari

“Now, real simply, we have to get more physical, we have to get 50-50 balls, and that includes rebounds that are free that we’ve gotten and we haven’t gotten,” Calipari added. “And we’ve got to get, I’d say 10% better defensively.”

Stoops is a better football coach than cal is a basketball coach. Not really meant as a compliment to stoops coaching either as cal is utter dog shit on the sidelines. Stoops does have a system albeit a failed one but he really doesn’t know how to coach any other way. Good run of 8 consecutive bowl games but that’s coming to an end this year. Don’t see UK ever making another bowl under stoops actually.

He’s not wrong. Attitude is 50% of the game.
So who needs to play tougher? This such coach speak nonsense to take blame off inept schematic and gameplan by staff.

To have Beamer out maneuver Stoops to generate scores....while Stoops is just red faced and throws for 44 yards passing.....just terrible job.

Stoops is a better football coach than cal is a basketball coach. Not really meant as a compliment to stoops coaching either as cal is utter dog shit on the sidelines. Stoops does have a system albeit a failed one but he really doesn’t know how to coach any other way. Good run of 8 consecutive bowl games but that’s coming to an end this year. Don’t see UK ever making another bowl under stoops actually.
Huh? There’s no way you believe that first sentence. Ones in the Hall of Fame. One has a national championship along with multiple runner ups and final fours. One has been beating #1 teams for decades and has been #1 in the country on multiple occasions. One is listed as a top 25 coach in the history of the sport.

The other.. gets invited to bowl games to play against teams who are barely above .500. Maybe has one win over a top 10 team in his 12 years as a head coach. Has maybe cracked the top 10 once.. although not sure about that. Doesn’t wanna be here but literally can’t find another job at a power conference school who actually wants him.

Again I ask, huh?

Reactions: megablue
You can tell by their accomplishments that your assessment is wrong.

Reactions: megablue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT