ADVERTISEMENT

This ain't over yet

Cal is an ass but he's not stupid. He said all the right things necessary to solidify his position over Mitch. What he said was designed to make Mitch's decision even harder.

Agree there. I knew he'd pull out the "look at all we've done for the state, etc." I applaud him for that but he's paid to win in the post season and I think he's run out of rope with Mitch. I don't expect him to get fired but I still have hope that Mitch will make enough demands that he'll leave on his own.

Mitch is in the driver’s seat here, whether you want to believe it or not

Cal staying is simply not defendable. You’d have to think MB knows that.

I fully expect Mitch to do the right thing.

Cal did did his show to to plead his case. Don’t think it worked. There is no chance in Hell that there could be anything Mitch could say that would justify Cal staying and mollify the fanbase.

Pull the trigger Mitch. Despite all the bad press you’re getting on Rafters, we’re all behind you on this.
If Mitch had the upper hand he’d have made sure that radio show didn’t happen. Absolutely zero chance he can be fired now after being allowed to essentially say he’s the coach on statewide radio.

No other coach would ever come here seeing one of their fraternity treated as such.

I don't see Mitch firing Cal at this point, UK fans get to suck on the big white urinal mint for AT LEAST another season. Why because Barnhart doesn't give 2 shits what our fans want or what our tradition demands. He has screwed up the crown jewel of Kentucky and damn him for doing so
Problem is we have heard this same nonsense for 3 straight years. "Next year will be the year." It's been 15 years of this guy. We ALL know how it ends.

I think there’s a chance that Cal won’t agree to Mitch micromanaging and will just leave/take another job
This is how a smart AD would make the move.
He should put spending limits on certain things. If I saw right the basketball program spent 22+ million. You take the unreasonable luxury spending away from Cal. You start budgeting everything like everybody else does and I bet you cal will walk!

He talking about standards he has no standards other than getting the one and done to the NBA , if he is here next year which I say he will be people needs to quit going to RUPP.

That's funny because I hear a press conference is coming Tuesday afternoon.
Is it for Cal leaving, staying, the future who knows.
^^^^ This post was from Saturday and the leak was spot on. Same group are saying Cal is staying with agreements to be made and followed. If not followed, Mitch will have "cause" for termination.
I can see this.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
I feel good , expect the opposite of whatever Cal acts/ appears/ speaks .. if he's confident then Mitch has the goods on him . Case Closed ... he's NEVER told. the truth on the radio show .. so cocky Cal again .. drop the axe tomorrow .. or we could be waiting for the NCAAT to end .

Ummm…. If the fat lady ain’t singing she’s warming up her vocal cords. There is probably 99.999999% chance he’s back.

I'm hoping this is Cal's hand.
1920px-Dead_man%27s_hand.jpg

I don't see Mitch firing Cal at this point, UK fans get to suck on the big white urinal mint for AT LEAST another season. Why because Barnhart doesn't give 2 shits what our fans want or what our tradition demands. He has screwed up the crown jewel of Kentucky and damn him for doing so

I think, in general, not may in the upper echelons of UK college athletics care about our tradition demands the way we do. The way we have.

I think it’s a hard pill to swallow (for me as well) but I’m starting to feel like the way it was (the tradition, fandom etc we grew up with) is a thing of the past. It seems pretty evident.

This is how a smart AD would make the move.
He should put spending limits on certain things. If I saw right the basketball program spent 22+ million. You take the unreasonable luxury spending away from Cal. You start budgeting everything like everybody else does and I bet you cal will walk!

Starting with Cal’s private jet.

Reactions: RunninRichie
He sounded like a guy pleading to keep his job to me tonight.

Hopefully, Barnhart has pocket aces when they meet tomorrow (a big dog ready to sign on). Donovan, please.
Yeah, he was still talking as they went off the air. Sounded desperate and not as cocky. Strange hearing him talk about winning and championships and not it 'being about the kids.' First time think I can ever remember him talking about winning to get the highest seed possible.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
lol so, I guess y'all will be joining UL fans in rooting against UK if Coach Cal is the coach next season
No, I think apathy will set in if none of the players return. Now, that could change if certain fan favorite players return, particularly Reed, but we will all just have to wait and see what happens.

This summer will determine how bad it will be here next season.

Yeah, he was still talking as they went off the air. Sounded desperate and not as cocky. Strange hearing him talk about winning and championships and not it 'being about the kids.' First time think I can ever remember him talking about winning to get the highest seed possible.
His goals have never aligned with ours from day one but he got players and had energy and we won for 5 years. The energy is gone, he’s aged and we as fans are hostages and have been for quite some time. Sadly, we just have to wait it out now because of the contract.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT