ADVERTISEMENT

Things I would’ve done if I were Cal

UKFAN4L

Sophomore
Mar 26, 2009
Stop me if you’ve heard any of these before:
1) So here we are again. Not running any baseline out of bounds plays for actual scoring opportunities. One simple play from MSU pushed the game to OT.
2) When we were up one, why didn’t he draw something up to get the ball into Reeves or CJ instead of Cason? I’d take my chances with our two best shooters opposed to Cason (even though he played his guys out).
3) When we had to go the length of the floor, why start your fastest guy at half court and not even get him the ball? Wheeler should’ve caught the ball in stride on a banana cut or just simply on the run. He could’ve got a paint look in 3.7. But no….we go to Cason and almost get a backcourt violation with a Toppin heave from 45 feet.
4) 10 kicked our ass by not simply switching pin down screens. Fighting through wasn’t working. Adjust.
5) Switch all screens on baseline out of bounds plays to avoid the slip. Led to the tie.

Side note: As good as Oscar played, he did make some dumb moves. 5 turnovers. Celebrating made baskets while his man sprinted back for layups. Flexing while his man was zooming down the floor. Missing the assignment on the slip to tie the game.

CJ and Reeves will definitely get going, but if CJ can’t guard anyone on the court without fouling, he may end up in the dog house.

Anyways. We will be fine (as long as it doesn’t come down to out coaching anyone).

Sincerely,
A middle school basketball coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT