ADVERTISEMENT

Thing I Like Most About Josh Hueple . . .

So the UK AD doesn't spend other people's money?

LOL. No. UT wasn't in the playoff conversation during the offseason and was picked 7th in the SEC in most preseason polls. We were expected to lose at OU, at UGA, and home to Bama. I saw a couple that said we would lose to Ark on the road with a young QB. Getting to the playoffs would exceed preseason prognostications, although obviously as a UT fan I want it all. But it's too early to pay attention to that. We've got a lot of tough games ahead.

It's a really humble kid. I hope he wins it before he leaves.

You'd better be willing to pay for a top tier OT. And it's not a first.

Commit to Mizzou and you can draw paychecks while still in HS. Welcome to the new world. I think at some point in the near it is likely future players will become employees of the schools and will be signed to contracts.

Yeah...and the OU players were angelic. Word from Cole Cubelic was that the OLs and DLs of both teams were fighting tooth and nail in the trenches. It was a warzone.
You still could lose to Georgia and Alabama, and, probably will, and could lose to Arkansas, though, probably not, but are you prematurely claiming that experts are wrong about those games, just because they were wrong about Oklahoma? You can't claim those other games just yet. By the way, even before the season, most projections I saw had Tennessee winning against Oklahoma, anyway.

Your very own TN propaganda site, knoxnews.com, reported last week the average payday for a TN football player comes to $34,000 per year. Multiply that by 85 and you get $28.9M. Everything else is out there, I'm not doing the work for you.
And what is UKs average payday, or Georgia's, Alabama's, Texas, Ohio S?... You act like it is only TN.... The visceral hate for all things Tennessee is unhealthy man. I poke fun at other schools, states, but you take it to another level 😂

You still could lose to Georgia and Alabama, and, probably will, and could lose to Arkansas, though, probably not, but are you prematurely claiming that experts are wrong about those games, just because they were wrong about Oklahoma? You can't claim those other games just yet. By the way, even before the season, most projections I saw had Tennessee winning against Oklahoma, anyway.
It's almost like you misread my entire post.

Reactions: SmokeyJoe65
He's a perfect example of how you never know whether someone will succeed as a head coach in the bigs. Frost took a winless UCF team to unbeaten, got a big job, and bombed. Heupel took an unbeaten UCF team to a worse record every year he was there, got a big job, and so far, has been a great hire. Pruitt, as an elite coordinator at Alabama, seemed like a good bet there, with a similar resume to Smart. So, you never can know for sure. But, I have no idea why any Tennessee fan would've thought that Butch Jones or Derek Dooley was a clever hire. Maybe Smokey can explain those baffling choices.
I don't think Tennessee fans liked either hire. I guess you don't remember Tubby, or Billy Clyde, and Pope is certainly underwhelming. Don't remember Shula, Dubose, or Franchionne at Alabama? What about the string they've put together at Florida? Remember Mike Archer & Gerry Dinardo, or Curly Hallman at LSU? Have you people no sense whatsoever of the cycle of things? Lord hammercy!

I don't think Tennessee fans liked either hire. I guess you don't remember Tubby, or Billy Clyde, and Pope is certainly underwhelming. Don't remember Shula, Dubose, or Franchionne at Alabama? What about the string they've put together at Florida? Remember Mike Archer & Gerry Dinardo, or Curly Hallman at LSU? Have you people no sense whatsoever of the cycle of things? Lord hammercy!
The whole point, Mr. Tennessee Billybob, was about the "cycle" or whatever, and how you often don't really know whether or a hire is going to work out. Your stupid fanbase did also NOT like the Heupel hire, at least not on BillybobVol Nation. I was actually giving this hire credit, as one that appears to have worked.

I just wonder how sustainable all of this will be. Stadiums competing with big screen tvs, and there’s got to be a price point—even among large, loyal fanbases. Plus if there’s economic downshift, I don’t see how the big schools survive this
Quite frankly any semblance of "student/athlete" has long since vanished. Idk where the money is coming from... Corporate sponsorship? Television contracts? Benevolent donations? Skyboxes? Unfortunately the average person is probably going to be priced out.

The whole point, Mr. Tennessee Billybob, was about the "cycle" or whatever, and how you often don't really know whether or a hire is going to work out. Your stupid fanbase did also NOT like the Heupel hire, at least not on BillybobVol Nation. I was actually giving this hire credit, as one that appears to have worked.

He surprised us but with that run of awful coaches it’s no wonder. Look at auburn with home run rev freeze. Big name, poor results. I think want thrilled over that hire but I’ve been watching our sick program for years.

Difference has been our AD ….we had 3-4 really bad ones during that run. Danny White has changed our fortunes in the big 3 men’s sports and is working on others.

Reactions: SmokeyJoe65
Did you NOT say you didn't know how any Tennessee fan thought Dooley or Jones was a clever hire? Nobody did. Further a lot of couch potatoes seem to think you hire a Saban or Pitino as you wish. No ... It's a timing thing. Right? Right. UT has a "stupid" fan base, but not other schools? 😂😂😂

Nothing is a gimme in this league….Ive thought all along pig sooey looked like a trap. I’m not sure anyone looks at uga and bama and thinks they’ll win. I’d take a split in a heartbeat there.

I just wonder how sustainable all of this will be. Stadiums competing with big screen tvs, and there’s got to be a price point—even among large, loyal fanbases. Plus if there’s economic downshift, I don’t see how the big schools survive this
…and whether gen z or the future will even care about football.

We’re fortunate with season tickets selling out, but that’ll change in a heartbeat if we start losing big again

He surprised us but with that run of awful coaches it’s no wonder. Look at auburn with home run rev freeze. Big name, poor results. I think want thrilled over that hire but I’ve been watching our sick program for years.

Difference has been our AD ….we had 3-4 really bad ones during that run. Danny White has changed our fortunes in the big 3 men’s sports and is working on others.
Fair enough. There's no doubt Heupel is off to an excellent start. I have no idea about the other sports, but if Tennessee keeps it up, they're not that important, anyway.

Fair enough. There's no doubt Heupel is off to an excellent start. I have no idea about the other sports, but if Tennessee keeps it up, they're not that important, anyway.

I know you guys were digging baseball this year….you had a great team. That’s a fun sport to watch and attend

We’re fortunate with season tickets selling out, but that’ll change in a heartbeat if we start losing big again
One thing..I’m guessing NFL fans have GOT to be hitting their price point. Every stadium has done what’s humanly possible to enhance the “experience”, but the corporate suites and box-type seating is where their biggest $$ are coming from.

I don't have a dog in this fight but $34,000 X 85 is $2,890,000, not $28,900,000. Simple math!
You're right, I miscalculated and for that I apologize. But it really changes nothing. If you're paying guys $34K to wear a vest and carry a clipboard you're paying your stars serious $$. Still in the $25M-$30M range with the best team money can buy. NC and Heisman for the QB or bust.

You're right, I miscalculated and for that I apologize. But it really changes nothing. If you're paying guys $34K to wear a vest and carry a clipboard you're paying your stars serious $$. Still in the $25M-$30M range with the best team money can buy. NC and Heisman for the QB or bust.
What is UKs payroll? They are paying too. THE UT is doing nothing wrong. They have an army of lawyers in house & outside. Tom Mars represents Spyre Sports (who is actually paying NIL & NOT the University) Football generates $135 million at THE UT, or that was last year. Everybody is doing it. Way better system than whatever Alabama had been doing, or Georgia, or Tony Delk having $80k cash stuffed in trash bags in his hotel after they won the National Championship. Everything is above table. Your school can do it, too. 👍🏼🧡

UK started the whole corporate sponsorship thing, or was out front on that with Kroger Field. Pot meet Kettle. The notion of student/athlete has been absurd for decades. Get real.

What is UKs payroll? They are paying too. THE UT is doing nothing wrong. They have an army of lawyers in house & outside. Tom Mars represents Spyre Sports (who is actually paying NIL & NOT the University) Football generates $135 million at THE UT, or that was last year. Everybody is doing it. Way better system than whatever Alabama had been doing, or Georgia, or Tony Delk having $80k cash stuffed in trash bags in his hotel after they won the National Championship. Everything is above table. Your school can do it, too. 👍🏼🧡
LOL.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Nothing against OU coach, but the best thing for us would be the SEC schedule to do what it does and the Sooners to start fishing around.

Or for the league to come calling.

Is what it is. Sark, Kif, Heuple, even Drink…offensive football is here and it’s finally taken over even the grittiest, toughest, run, defend, conference. The goat is out and even he was starting to wade into unfamiliar uncomfortable waters with it all. His defensive protege better figure something out because playing titty grabbing in the trenches and looking pedestrian against uk ain’t gonna cut it. You can do that shit against the other old defensive hold out from a by gone era…not these new age cats.

We use to laugh at the finesse offensive conferences…Now we can’t keep up with two former PAC coaches, a B12 QB, nor a Boise state assistant at B12 school!

Football west of the Mississippi….hahaha…maybe we ought to just give it to Hamdan cause all them cats that use to tap dance and pirouette out west and Pacific Northwest are putting on a ballet all up and down this conference.

I deal with Tennesseans a lot for work. They are generally really good people. Which is why the disconnect between that and UT fans being absolutely unbearable is very strange to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT