ADVERTISEMENT

Thing I Like Most About Josh Hueple . . .

This is the truth, we are paying 9 million a year to go to the Music City, Liberty, Birmingham bowls. 1 out of 6 years win 9-10 games but usually finish around 7-5. What coach wouldn’t want UK’s head coach job especially with no pressure.
Stoops teams have not played in the Liberty or Birmingham bowls.

Reactions: gojvc and YardCat
He's given UTjr a renewed taste of success that will leave their fans wanting when he departs for a better program. I can't wait to watch them melt down again when their next coach starts talking about championships in life again.
UT ain't Jr lol

LMAO... Tennessee is a relatively wealthy state/school by SEC standards, and by athletic standards real wealthy even after a long sojourn in the wilderness. Oklahoma can't match them. Plus THE UT gave him his chance at the Bigs. I doubt he leaves anytime soon. Kiffin was a home run hire, but thought he could do better & mama preferred Cali. It happens. UTs AD is the one truly killing it.
UT AD is Jurich light. He's spending money like a drunken sailor bar hopping on pay day. That wild spending will eventually blow up in his face.

Tennessee lives in your head rent free. It's all you think about. You need to worry more about beating South Carolina, Miss St, Vanderbilt, and Ole Miss. Then think about THE UT 😂🧡
Aren't you the tyrant. Grab some cookies, about your bedtime.

Out of curiosity, what wild spending?
Skrilla he dumped on Tony the Pony for starters. Not to mention he's now the highest paid AD or $8M QBs or $50K immediate payday for OL commits or #34K PER PLAYER paydays. Helps having Pilot's name on Lot Lizzards R Us ballpark I'm sure.

• Haha
Reactions: SmokeyJoe65
Skrilla he dumped on Tony the Pony for starters. Not to mention he's now the highest paid AD or $8M QBs or $50K immediate payday for OL commits or #34K PER PLAYER paydays. Helps having Pilot's name on Lot Lizzards R Us ballpark I'm sure.
Some business types might call it good investing.

Others might say you have to spend money to make money.

It's an arms race in the SEC. You either play or cut bait.

Some business types might call it good investing.

Others might say you have to spend money to make money.

It's an arms race in the SEC. You either play or cut bait.
You're right but you'll eventually find it's not sustainable. It'll come at some point.

How so? Goofy. The hate in your heart for THE UT is stunning. Did General Neyland screw your great Grammy? If THE UT is so pitiful what is the big deal? I'm confused. You should redirect your bitterness to vandy, Miss St, ark, Ole Miss, Auburn, South Carolina, etc. UT has always been on another level
You brought your BS here, if you have to come here to feel better about yourself then so be it I guess.

It's only non-sustainable if you outspend what you're bringing in, and like most SEC schools, UT is bringing in a lot.
They've done a masterful job of funneling SEC-TV money to boosters who then shoot it back as NIL, in order to finance their $28M team. That will eventually end but they can take a bow...for now.

• Haha
Ol Miss??? 😂 Google is your friend. There is a reason the SEC is so good. UT has been down for 20 years & they are still very comparable, and arguably superior, to Georgia, LSU, and flarda historically. Another run is coming 👍🏼It is a glamorous school 👍🏼
UTjr is a trash school with trash fans. Y'all would die if being the most despised fan base in the conference didn't give you cretins life.

Last edited:
This is the truth, we are paying 9 million a year to go to the Gator (2016), Gator (2020), Gator (2023), Citrus (2018/19), Citrus (2021/22), or Five of the Seven times our program has been invited to Florida for a Bowl Game in over 100 years of our participation.

FIFY!

Stoops teams have not played in the Liberty or Birmingham bowls.
His record falls into those type of bowls. Not saying we played in those bowls but we don’t finish high enough to be in the big money bowl games. Here are Stoops bowl games - Tax Slayer, Belk Bowl, Music City X2, Citrus X2, Gator X2.

His record falls into those type of bowls. Not saying we played in those bowls but we don’t finish high enough to be in the big money bowl games. Here are Stoops bowl games - Tax Slayer, Belk Bowl, Music City X2, Citrus X2, Gator X2.
Actually you did say UK played in those bowls. If you can't see the difference in the level of the bowls you listed above and Liberty/Birmingham bowls, there's no use to continue the conversation. I understand the disdain some have for Stoops but let's at least get the facts right.

Reactions: gojvc
Actually you did say UK played in those bowls. If you can't see the difference in the level of the bowls you listed above and Liberty/Birmingham bowls, there's no use to continue the conversation. I understand the disdain some have for Stoops but let's at least get the facts right.
To be fair, I'd put Belk and Music City on the same level as Liberty, but certainly way above Birmingham. The Florida bowls are above Liberty and Birmingham both.

I agree that for 9 million a year we should be happy with those bowls. You are correct, no need to continue the conversation. Let’s see if Birmingham is in play this year, then we can talk more.

Reactions: mrschwump
To be fair, I'd put Belk and Music City on the same level as Liberty, but certainly way above Birmingham. The Florida bowls are above Liberty and Birmingham both.
Payoffs I found, probably a couple of years old, was $5.7 MCB, $4.7 Belk/Liberty, $1.3 Birmingham.

Tony the Pony?…. That can’t be your best shot can it?

Coach Vitello delivered a national championship and SEC Championships

You don’t think he should get paid for that?

What about high paid coaches who don’t deliver?

We have arguably the best AD in the country. He’s worth every cent

Tony the Pony?…. That can’t be your best shot can it?

Coach Vitello delivered a national championship and SEC Championships

You don’t think he should get paid for that?

What about high paid coaches who don’t deliver?

We have arguably the best AD in the country. He’s worth every cent
Ah yes....the Big Orange March For Absolution as their fans come to lowly UK's site seeking vindication.

Highest paid AD as their guy proves to be a master at spending OPM.....Other People's Money.

At $28.9M payroll the AD has put together the highest paid team probably in NCAA history. Let's see what Chumlee does with it because just making CFP won't cut it, they have to be the NC or the year is a flop. And Rico or Sluggo or whatever his name is must deliver a Heisman.

$50K payments to OL commits simply for committing must be a first. Haven't attended a practice, team meeting, film study or walk thru but are already cashing payoff checks must be pretty sweet.

Word out of Oklahoma is TN's back with the cheap shots......have they dusted off Fulmer's bounty hunting routine?

Ah yes....the Big Orange March For Absolution as their fans come to lowly UK's site seeking vindication.

Highest paid AD as their guy proves to be a master at spending OPM.....Other People's Money.

At $28.9M payroll the AD has put together the highest paid team probably in NCAA history. Let's see what Chumlee does with it because just making CFP won't cut it, they have to be the NC or the year is a flop. And Rico or Sluggo or whatever his name is must deliver a Heisman.

$50K payments to OL commits simply for committing must be a first. Haven't attended a practice, team meeting, film study or walk thru but are already cashing payoff checks must be pretty sweet.

Word out of Oklahoma is TN's back with the cheap shots......have they dusted off Fulmer's bounty hunting routine?
I think you are making things up 😂

😂 Dude, I’ve seen bad TDS before, but you may have the worst case ever. Even jauk would shake his head

Edit:
(By the way, is he ok? Just saw he hasn’t posted in about a year)

He’s definitely a heck of a football coach and is doing a fantastic job right now. Honestly though, the only thing I just can’t stand is that chewing his gum with his mouth wide open. I mean it’s as far open as it could possibly be. I absolutely hate that and there’s no way in the universe that I could ever eat in the same building as him. You just know he has to eat by himself during thanksgiving and holidays. Lmao. Well except for the suck- ups that put up with it and are too afraid to say anything about it. Sorry not sorry, that’s just something in life that matters. Manners! Seems like a lot of people who make a lot of money or think they’re worth more than they are do that. I know that many mommas never raised them like that. Ok, rant over. lol. I have to say I made myself laugh a little writing this but I’m not joking much. Hell of a football coach though.

Your very own TN propaganda site, knoxnews.com, reported last week the average payday for a TN football player comes to $34,000 per year. Multiply that by 85 and you get $28.9M. Everything else is out there, I'm not doing the work for you.

He's a perfect example of how you never know whether someone will succeed as a head coach in the bigs. Frost took a winless UCF team to unbeaten, got a big job, and bombed. Heupel took an unbeaten UCF team to a worse record every year he was there, got a big job, and so far, has been a great hire. Pruitt, as an elite coordinator at Alabama, seemed like a good bet there, with a similar resume to Smart. So, you never can know for sure. But, I have no idea why any Tennessee fan would've thought that Butch Jones or Derek Dooley was a clever hire. Maybe Smokey can explain those baffling choices.

😂 Dude, I’ve seen bad TDS before, but you may have the worst case ever. Even jauk would shake his head

Edit:
(By the way, is he ok? Just saw he hasn’t posted in about a year)
Stuff's out there, don't blame you for not wanting to believe it.

Don't know about jauk, I've wondered too.

So the UK AD doesn't spend other people's money?
At $28.9M payroll the AD has put together the highest paid team probably in NCAA history. Let's see what Chumlee does with it because just making CFP won't cut it, they have to be the NC or the year is a flop.

LOL. No. UT wasn't in the playoff conversation during the offseason and was picked 7th in the SEC in most preseason polls. We were expected to lose at OU, at UGA, and home to Bama. I saw a couple that said we would lose to Ark on the road with a young QB. Getting to the playoffs would exceed preseason prognostications, although obviously as a UT fan I want it all. But it's too early to pay attention to that. We've got a lot of tough games ahead.

And Rico or Sluggo or whatever his name is must deliver a Heisman.
It's a really humble kid. I hope he wins it before he leaves.
$50K payments to OL commits simply for committing must be a first.
You'd better be willing to pay for a top tier OT. And it's not a first.
Haven't attended a practice, team meeting, film study or walk thru but are already cashing payoff checks must be pretty sweet.
Commit to Mizzou and you can draw paychecks while still in HS. Welcome to the new world. I think at some point in the near it is likely future players will become employees of the schools and will be signed to contracts.

Yeah...and the OU players were angelic. Word from Cole Cubelic was that the OLs and DLs of both teams were fighting tooth and nail in the trenches. It was a warzone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT