ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero

I don't doubt Juzang leaving was only being homesick and the potential of the class with Clarke, Boston & Fletcher before we all knew better had something to do with him leaving as well. Not sure I buy into 'reports' of Allen out-playing him in practice during a year he was out for an ACL injury and knowing what we do now about Allen's work ethic by the time he transferred out of UK. January would have been the 1 year mark of his ACL injury for a rehab process that typically takes that long to recover from. Also, recall Juzang getting sick and missed a few games putting him behind at the start of SEC play in 2020.
Go back and look at the threads from Q1-2020, there were people on here saying Allen was practicing, chomping at the bit (prematurely) for him to be cleared to play. Now I too doubt a guy (not an elite player) just returning from an ACL would be outplaying a healthy guy that had been playing. But even if he was just keeping up with him in practice, Juzang may have thought "that's one more guy I gotta beat out next fall". But I think at most, the Allen thing was 5% of his reason to leave, with homesick being 50-60%, and not wanting to compete with those guys you named being 35-50%.

Reactions: docholiday51
Next season will be all about showcasing Wagner to the NBA. I’m sure Cow has pro minded that to the family. And with the relationship he has with the family it will be Wagner first, winning and UK will be second or third or fourth in priority.

Reactions: KentuckyMildCats
Next season will be all about showcasing Wagner to the NBA. I’m sure Cow has pro minded that to the family. And with the relationship he has with the family it will be Wagner first, winning and UK will be second or third or fourth in priority.
Nonsense. Cal is primarily concerned about UK winning games. He also is preparing Wagner for the NBA. Both tbings can be accomplished at the same time. Only the Cal haters have a hard time understanding that fact.

Probably won’t play as much as he deserves. Common theme at UK with Cal at the helm.

Nonsense. Cal is primarily concerned about UK winning games. He also is preparing Wagner for the NBA. Both tbings can be accomplished at the same time. Only the Cal haters have a hard time understanding that fact.
Nonsense. He won’t get the minutes he would at another school as a sophomore just because he’s not a 5 star.

I just don't see Ugo being a big part of what happens here next season. Thiero on the other hand could be a utility player we could plug into a couple of spots and get quality minutes.

If we have either Oscar or Dickinson Ugo's minutes will be limited. If we have neither Ugo will struggle to carry the load he will be asked to carry.
I don't see much more of a role than he had last season considering Wagner, Dillingham, Edwards & Sheppard all should be on the floor before Thiero's number is called. Plus, Cal always shortens his rotation down. As I said in another post, Junior year at the earliest before he gets quality minutes.

Nonsense. He won’t get the minutes he would at another school as a sophomore just because he’s not a 5 star.
If he plays well, he will get plenty of minutes. He obviously believes he will be an important player on the team. That's why he didn't transfer.

You guys are a trip. Baker is 25 years old. He has played for 3 different schools. He is in the transfer portal again so he will be playing for a 4th different school. You call that drastic improvement? You think his career has been a success? I don't care what his stats are. He is playing against weaker competition than he would at UK. He also has been able to shoot much more than he would have at UK. I'm sure his goal was to play in the NBA. He will never be on a NBA roster. His career can only be described as a disappointment. You Cal haters are something else. It's amazing to me how blind you are to how ridiculous your arguments often are.
How dare you get on here and call a player that has suffered a torn meniscus a disappointment and suffered an additional knee injury throughout his NCAA career. How many College Basketball games did you play? Bet is zero and absolutely none with 2 major knee operations. It is IDIOTIC to get on here and bash a kid just because he did not meet your asinine expectations due to some knee injuries that end many athletes careers. Good grief!! Do some research before you spout NONSENSE like this and besiege the name of a young man you know nothing about. He's worked hard to get back on the court each and every time and his resiliency is something that should be applauded. Kid averaged 12 PPG at Arizona in the PAC-12 just 2 years ago which is nothing to sneeze at and coming off his best season scoring 12.5 PPG with Fresno State. Don't BELITTLE a kid and knock his goals of the NBA that every kid in College Basketball dreams about. Only a hater disregards facts such as multiple injuries that have derailed his career and stats that back up his play when given an opportunity AND HEALTHY!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Doodah859
Nonsense .Cal leaned on Thiero when Wheelet was hurt. He will have a very important role on the team. He will be the back-up point guard. You just hate Cal so much you don't want Thiero to be successful at UK.
I promise no one hates Calipari that much. Some of you are either hilariously delusional or Cal’s family.

I just don't see Ugo being a big part of what happens here next season. Thiero on the other hand could be a utility player we could plug into a couple of spots and get quality minutes.

If we have either Oscar or Dickinson Ugo's minutes will be limited. If we have neither Ugo will struggle to carry the load he will be asked to carry.
Exactly, UGO will be of value but he won’t be a key unless he dramatically improved. I think he’s one more year from being that guy.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Thiero will get the same role next year as he had this past season. He's not a post player and will not be getting playing time over Edwards, Dillingham, Wagner or Sheppard. Junior year at the earliest.
Maybe he'll shock us as much next year. He's a late bloomer. David Robinson wound up at navy because he was a 6'4 freshman.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Maybe he'll shock us as much next year. He's a late bloomer. David Robinson wound up at navy because he was a 6'4 freshman.
For Thiero, it's about getting the opportunity to play consistently and will have to take away someone's minutes ahead of him to be a factor on next year's team. Not saying he won't be a great player someday but in all reality with the way this roster is built, finding him minutes over the players previously mentioned will be easier said than done. At least you hope so over the possibility of an injury or someone not panning out with the talent coming in. Cal will usually run with a shorter rotation with his teams. I would take a DeAndre Liggins level impact playing lockdown D, an occasional 3 from Thiero on next year's team and be happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
If he is 6’7, 210 he might be the answer as the backup 4. That’s decent size as a small ball 4 man these days. He would be big and strong enough to defend the 4 spot and be a tough matchup for most PFs, with his perimeter skills. And if he hits the weights and gets to about 215-220 by the start of the season, even better.

If he is 6’7, 210 he might be the answer as the backup 4. That’s decent size as a small ball 4 man these days. He would be big and strong enough to defend the 4 spot and be a tough matchup for most PFs, with his perimeter skills. And if he hits the weights and gets to about 215-220 by the start of the season, even better.
Especially if he’s working on his shot and handle in the gym after workouts. I’m excited about his growth spurt because it expands what positions he can play (I think he can do well at the 1-4). Just need him go in to the gym for an hour or two to put up shots and do some dribbling drills. Dude has a ton of potential.

Maybe they did put in the work but just didn't get rewarded.They leave here and go to another school and put in work yet they show dramatic improvement...I'm not buying they didn't work.
To be honest no transfers beside Juzang have done squat. All others have bombed or been about what they were here.

To be honest no transfers beside Juzang have done squat. All others have bombed or been about what they were here.
Bryce Hopkins didn't bomb.Granted,Askew and Baker have skipped from school to school but I'm not sure they bombed.Askew should have stayed in high school instead of reclassifying.Hard to tell what any of them would have been had they stayed here.

Bryce Hopkins didn't bomb.Granted,Askew and Baker have skipped from school to school but I'm not sure they bombed.Askew should have stayed in high school instead of reclassifying.Hard to tell what any of them would have been had they stayed here.
No Hopkins didn’t bomb or the other power forward that went to Washington. The OP said how unlucky we were they transferred. That cal can’t keep and develop. I think both of them would have developed better if they stayed. Even if their minutes went down.

Big fan of Adou. I don't get why Dad's showing a pic of him on his recruiting visit and then after a workout this year. I mean...you better look different and honestly it's not that it's much different. You are going to look swole when you post after a lift. Kind of like the Cats posting those shirtless pics as a group after a workout--hell I've seen Wheeler look in shape and then season comes and he ends up looking like he lived at Willy Wonka's Factory and hung with that German kid who drinks the river.

Adou needs to improve his handle and jumpshot. Once he does that, he'll be a big time player who gets steady minutes and produces.

Cal doesn’t give a shit about winning games. He wants to make sure the players get their PT so they can get to the nba. If he cared about winning he would be doing many different things on the coaching end to get us more wins. You can’t be that oblivious.

Reactions: Catfan2226
Cal doesn’t give a shit about winning games. He wants to make sure the players get their PT so they can get to the nba. If he cared about winning he would be doing many different things on the coaching end to get us more wins. You can’t be that oblivious.
You're talking nonsense. He wants to win as many games as he can. His job and his legacy are tied to the number of wins he has as a coach. I am so tired of all of this nonsense from you Cal haters about how Cal only cares about his players going to the NBA. A lot of this foolishness has to do with the fact that so many of you hate the NBA. It makes me wonder how some of you really feel about Kentucky's players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT