ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero vertical jump now 46 😳🔥

He can be really good, just has to get used to the speed of the game and how to handle the ball under pressure. He lost confidence last year when he kept getting his pocket picked from quicker guards. Has to learn you can turn your back and dribble in place or you'll become the hunted, have to be moving and attacking off the dribble. His handle is fine just think he got surprised by the on the ball pressure at this level and should correct that.

Reactions: BC_Wader
So I guess Mr Jerome who is a professional sports trainer is gonna let Adeu’s Dad post things that are not true on social media with his name attached to it 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: westerncat
Lil Troy and Imagine Dragons in his high light videos for music? That's definitely a millenial-boomer editing his videos and not some kid putting in that weak mumble-rap garbage lol

Not even close to 46 inches which is fine. I think fans took it out of context. I think that's their goal, not where it is.

Still I expect him to be a difference maker for sure. Deserved more pt last season

I liked what I saw from Adou in his limited action last year. He plays hard and isn't afraid to mix it up inside. He looks to be a naturally strong player and one who can shed some baby fat. That will only make him quicker and stronger. I think if given the minutes, he'll surprise a lot of the doubters. He has the length that translates well to modern basketball. He and Onyenso are the wildcards this upcoming season.

I may be just as excited to see more Thiero as the freahman. IF HE GETS MIN, ugh. Something tells me it won't be much more than last year. Kid has some D Wade to his game, IMO.
I actually think he’ll get a lot of PT because of his size and versatility. He can backup the guards and the forwards.

I'm happy with the freshman class, and am excited about Thiero and Ugonna's potential, but the mistakes are going to be hard to overcome. I'm talking about typical freshman mistakes that plague every freshman. Cal is going to be yelling a lot and holding his head, he knows how it's going to be. there will be a lot of ups and downs this year, if there are no more experienced veterans coming in.

People on this site complain because no players develop here, and then when it looks like a few might, they bitch because we didn't recruit over them. Make up your mind.
How high you can leap isnt exactly a barometer of a fine college player . It might help , but there are so many more things more important to me , most cant be overcome by playing in our antique offensive system .

He shot 33% from 3 last season wish is the threshold to be considered a “good shooting team” 33% is the percentage that equals 50% from 2.

He wasn't good from 2 which is largely bc his handle needs work to take the next step. He wasn’t good with a couple power dribbles and hitting floaters or pulling up. Less catch and shoot opportunities from 2 which is why his 3pt% was better than his 2.

If he can get his 2% up to 45+ and add another percentage or 2 (very easily doable) to his 3pt% to be 35%+ then he’ll be a legit contributor

Reactions: JST390-2
No need to throw shade at Bradshaw, he's done nothing wrong.

He is the whipping player for our fans. He can average 14 and 10 and he will still get blamed and bashed.

Also, not sure why the other poster thinks theiro can play power forward.

He shot 33% from 3 last season wish is the threshold to be considered a “good shooting team” 33% is the percentage that equals 50% from 2.

He wasn't good from 2 which is largely bc his handle needs work to take the next step. He wasn’t good with a couple power dribbles and hitting floaters or pulling up. Less catch and shoot opportunities from 2 which is why his 3pt% was better than his 2.

If he can get his 2% up to 45+ and add another percentage or 2 (very easily doable) to his 3pt% to be 35%+ then he’ll be a legit contributor
But....
he was very good at drawing contact and getting to the line, where he made 70%. And offensively that is the area Cal's best teams have been good at (getting to the FT line). Theiro had more FTA than FGA! 1.14 FTA/FGA, the 2nd closest on the team was Ware at 0.55 (and he should have been fouled every time he touched the ball, just making 33%). The only UK players over 0.6 (under Cal) are:
Theiro 1.14, D.Johnson (soph) 0.92, Richards (soph) 0.87, Bam 0.83, PJ (fr) 0.80, Randle 0.74, Cousins 0.73, Vargas (jr) 0.72, I.Jackson 0.66, Matthews 0.65, Richards (fr) 0.63, An.Harrison (fr) 0.63, Noel 0.63, Travis 0.61, AD 0.60. Note most (all but Theiro, Mathews and Andrew) of these were guys who lived in the paint. And NONE of them COME CLOSE to Theiro! Now could he continue that with more PT? IDK, but worth finding out.

If you are a 70% FT shooter then:
- in And-1 plays you should expect to average 2.7 points (since you already made the 2);
- in bonus/shooting-foul plays you should expect to average 1.4 points which equates to 70% from 2 or 46.7% from 3;
- in 1-&-1 plays you should expect to average 1.19 points which equates to 59.5% from 2 or 39.7% from 3.

Note that 1-&-1 average is less than if shooting 2. Which leads to the question, what FT% leads to a likelihood of making <1.0 points (in a 1-&-1), so equivalent of <50% from 2 (& 33% from 3)? That would be 62%. So players < 62% you should consider Hack-a-Shaq.

This kind of info is why UK/Cal NEEDS to use an Analytics Statistician (which they could get a TA for free from the University).

Reactions: EliteBlue
But....
he was very good at drawing contact and getting to the line, where he made 70%. And offensively that is the area Cal's best teams have been good at (getting to the FT line). Theiro had more FTA than FGA! 1.14 FTA/FGA, the 2nd closest on the team was Ware at 0.55 (and he should have been fouled every time he touched the ball, just making 33%). The only UK players over 0.6 (under Cal) are:
Theiro 1.14, D.Johnson (soph) 0.92, Richards (soph) 0.87, Bam 0.83, PJ (fr) 0.80, Randle 0.74, Cousins 0.73, Vargas (jr) 0.72, I.Jackson 0.66, Matthews 0.65, Richards (fr) 0.63, An.Harrison (fr) 0.63, Noel 0.63, Travis 0.61, AD 0.60. Note most (all but Theiro, Mathews and Andrew) of these were guys who lived in the paint. And NONE of them COME CLOSE to Theiro! Now could he continue that with more PT? IDK, but worth finding out.

- in And-1 plays you should expect to average 2.7 points (since you already made the 2);
- in bonus/shooting-foul plays you should expect to average 1.4 points which equates to 70% from 2 or 46.7% from 3;
- in 1-&-1 plays you should expect to average 1.19 points which equates to 59.5% from 2 or 39.7% from 3.

Note that 1-&-1 average is less than if shooting 2. Which leads to the question, what FT% leads to a likelihood of making <1.0 points (in a 1-&-1), so equivalent of <50% from 2 (& 33% from 3)? That would be 62%. So players < 62% you should consider Hack-a-Shaq.

This kind of info is why UK/Cal NEEDS to use an Analytics Statistician (which they could get a TA for free from the University).
Well said

If we don't add a power guy at the 4 or 5, Theiro may be our most physical player, and best 'tough rebounder', even though I think Onyenso will be a good rebounder.

But....

Cal can't figure out when to call a timout......or coach a zone offense or defense

And you want to hand him statistics and analytics??

Do they come with donuts??

Cal can't figure out when to call a timout......or coach a zone offense or defense

And you want to hand him statistics and analytics??

Do they come with donuts??
He has assistants.
They can use the info and say "hey coach, we need to foul this 50% FT shooter that is scorching us anytime he gets the ball within 6' of the basket", "hey coach, this 3pt shooter makes 54% of his 3's from the right corner, we can't leave him alone in that corner", "hey coach, we are a +40 when Theiro is on the floor, we need to play him more", etc....

He has assistants.
They can use the info and say "hey coach, we need to foul this 50% FT shooter that is scorching us anytime he gets the ball within 6' of the basket", "hey coach, this 3pt shooter makes 54% of his 3's from the right corner, we can't leave him alone in that corner", "hey coach, we are a +40 when Theiro is on the floor, we need to play him more", etc....
Cal also NEVER listens to anything an assistant has to say during a game.

Ask Chin Coleman how that has worked out for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT