ADVERTISEMENT

"They [the UK fans] are going to be ready to burn Lexington down!" - Randolph Childress

lol good grief people have you been paying any attention at all?

We are not losing because there's no Cooper Flagg/Anthony Davis type players on this team. We have more than enough talent to be a top-5 and a 1-seed this year - WAY more than enough.

We just lost 3 freaking games in a row in Rupp Arena - an historic low! This is happening because Calipari is washed and progressively makes teams worse now as the season progresses. He's destroyed this team as he will every team he is involved with from here on out.

We are doomed as long as he is here.
You don’t get what we’re saying. There’s certain talent that’s so good even Cal can’t mess it up. that’s how the dude has a title.

Burning Lexington down is premature for now. Maybe a couple of dumpsters on NCR would strike the right tone and reflect the status of this season.

That's why I think tonight is one of Cal's most important games. ANd I think thats why you're seeing him be a little desperate and go away from his own strategies and mantras. Sounds like hes going to play the lineup that gives us the best chance to win, even if that means some recruits don't get the playing time they want, because if he losses then the wheels will really fall off.
But will he play that lineup because it is the most effective or to throw it back in the face of the fan base if we lose? History says the latter unfortunately.

Last edited:
Don't think anyone on here with a brain ever thought this team was a legit final four contender. No coach and no defense means slim to none tourney success.
I'd say up until the Georgia game most UK fans and quite a few national media personalities had UK slotted as a sure fire FF team.
Z hit threes for a night....then the dang wheels fell off.

Love how Randolph said Duke is beating UK for those AD/Wall type talents. That's also a big reason why we suck. Cal can't get the recruits he excelled with. Like he did in 2009-2015. And when the tables flip on him. He can't adapt without overwhelming talent.
Well WWW took his “influencing skills” to the nba around that time so……….

Randolph mentioned Duke now being the school that gets those “difference-maker” talents, not UK.

Who is he referring to?
Seriously? Just two years ago Duke had Banchero leading them to a Final Four. Now they've got Flagg coming in.

Banchero made the All-Star team in just his second NBA season after leading Duke to a Final Four as a freshman. You don't think that constitutes being a "difference-maker?"

Cal recruited him for over a year and got schooled by K. Now Scheyer schooled Cal for Flagg. Rinse and repeat.

If Quaintance is the sure fire lottery pick, why would he come back and transfer to UCLA ? Why not just bounce to the NBA ? Confused with that part of your hypothesis ???
Quaintance has to play two years somewhere before entering the draft because he's not old enough.

I could see Cal taking him and the 2025 class to Southern Cal or UCLA.

Quaintance has to play two years somewhere before entering the draft because he's not old enough.

I could see Cal taking him and the 2025 class to Southern Cal or UCLA.
After all the luck Cal has had with west coast kids, it’d be kind of funny to see him coaching out west.

After all the luck Cal has had with west coast kids, it’d be kind of funny to see him coaching out west.
I actually think this is his backup plan. If UK bottoms out, he'll flee to USC or UCLA. He'll recruit at the highest level, too, because his Achilles heel in recruiting (like you said, west coast), would be shored up. He'd finally get those kids, plus all the other kids he's landed for years from the Midwest, South, and Northeast regions.

Cal would have a loaded squad in his first out there. Maybe more talented than that 2017 team.

Already been stated. The 2012 team refused losing. Cal had nothing to do with that title.
Cal almost screwed that team. They were running with Kansas and destroying them in the open court. UK got up by about 15 points, and Cal called off the dogs, which allowed Kansas to get the lead down to 4 before the MKG block.

Seriously? Just two years ago Duke had Banchero leading them to a Final Four. Now they've got Flagg coming in.

Banchero made the All-Star team in just his second NBA season after leading Duke to a Final Four as a freshman. You don't think that constitutes being a "difference-maker?"

Cal recruited him for over a year and got schooled by K. Now Scheyer schooled Cal for Flagg. Rinse and repeat.
To be fair Flagg was never ever coming here, but Duke is owning him on the recruiting trail for sure

To be fair Flagg was never ever coming here, but Duke is owning him on the recruiting trail for sure
We could say that about every guy Duke has beat us for. At some point in the recruiting process, they outsold us, outperformed us, and outworked us. Whatever the reason, we're not getting the elite of the elite when going against Duke.

That's the issue.

We could say that about every guy Duke has beat us for. At some point in the recruiting process, they outsold us, outperformed us, and outworked us.

That's the issue.
A big part of those misses. Was cal thought it was cool to offer guys last second. Thinking they'd commit just off the name alone. He got reality checked. That's why Lucas left. He wanted to recruit guys early.

I actually think this is his backup plan. If UK bottoms out, he'll flee to USC or UCLA. He'll recruit at the highest level, too, because his Achilles heel in recruiting (like you said, west coast), would be shored up. He'd finally get those kids, plus all the other kids he's landed for years from the Midwest, South, and Northeast regions.

Cal would have a loaded squad in his first out there. Maybe more talented than that 2017 team.
I could be wrong, but I don’t see that being successful for either of those programs. It’d probably benefit Cal, as he could load up on more draft picks; but we’d see the same issues we’re seeing as UK fans. I also don’t think Cal would fit in on the west coast, at all.

We could say that about every guy Duke has beat us for. At some point in the recruiting process, they outsold us, outperformed us, and outworked us. Whatever the reason, we're not getting the elite of the elite when going against Duke.

That's the issue.
The big issue is cal waits way to late to establish interest with these players

There's no UNIVERSE where Z comes back. Even if he doesn't go pro, he'll end up somewhere like Gonzaga or Kansas where he can really shine. He's wasted playing for Calipari.
If Z played for Kansas he would average 20 a game. No doubt in my mind Self would have him an AA by next year.

Legit question, if UK makes a run to a Final Four this year and loses a close game to a legit contender does that take all the heat off Cal? I mean March is what matters. Fans would sort of look stupid saying they want a coach gone when he just made the Final Four (especially when BBN already has the reputation of unrealistic expectation)

Cal almost screwed that team. They were running with Kansas and destroying them in the open court. UK got up by about 15 points, and Cal called off the dogs, which allowed Kansas to get the lead down to 4 before the MKG block.

Yes,

Self really did, just run out of time. That stall ball sole coaching tactic of Cal's has lost UK SO many games, not to mention his refrain from actually coaching or letting one of his many assistants coach... Can anyone imagine, Cal tried using mathematics or calculate possessions to get wins by points instead of just drowning his opponent. Saw many posters try justifying his stall ball cause..."It works"...

Cal did get me passionate again, passionate about seeing his arse GONE. (The thing is I believe in his mantra, ending generational poverty. The thing Cal never understood is he could have done BOTH things well. No need to be a one-trick pony... His mentality sickens me... (And he doesn't care but that's okay, I won't care when the Cow and Barn Door are.........................GONE...

Sure would love Tyler Ulis to get a chance just to see what he could do.

I bet that kid would retire with UK if given a chance. All Killer Cat in that young man's mentality...

Trophy Count;

UK recruits; 0

“Difference Makers”; 0 .

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT