ADVERTISEMENT

"They are Going to Continue Being a Powerhouse Because That's Who They are"

Of course UK will get top players—just not at the level Cal did. Not because UK is tarnished but because coaches subsequent to Cal will actually build a roster versus simply trying to accumulate the highest volume of top rated freshmen year after year. Pope will recruit one and done type players but is not interested in starting from scratch every year.
Probably.

Perfunctory or not, I love hearing these comments from top recruits.

It’s been 15 years, and for younger fans maybe all they’ve known, but UK is still UK. That shit isn’t changing. We will still get five stars.

But now they will be coached up and will get the opportunity to play for a coach that understands and respects UK’s history instead of using it to further building his own little personal fiefdom.

There’s a difference between getting donuts with Joe B at Wheeler’s and having put on the Kentucky uniform and captained a championship team.

Of course, the kid had no choice but to lie when he could have elected to say nothing. I guess you think Boozer is lying too when he asked for the new coaching staff to contact him. I see you and your sub 300 posts! Lol

It makes more sense than saying that Cal's recruiting had more to do with UK than Cal considering the fact that no one had recruited nearly as well at UK before Cal.

Cal did a lot of things wrong, but recruiting he did well (when it comes to adding top freshman). He was not a good roster builder, but that's a different story.

It makes more sense than saying that Cal's recruiting had more to do with UK than Cal considering the fact that no one had recruited nearly as well at UK before Cal.

Cal did a lot of things wrong, but recruiting he did well (when it comes to adding top freshman). He was not a good roster builder, but that's a different story.
Maybe you and Cal can find a place to hang banners for all of his meaningless recruiting victories. I even have a suggestion for where you can hang them.

• Love
Reactions: ruppsrunt66
I thought they didn’t want “those kinds of kids” anymore?
Truthfully it was less the kids than how Cal used them. Too many of them on a roster can be a disadvantage in the current college meta. Then there was the favoritism to the point it cost us games. The kids were a part of the failing equation, but only a component, and certainly not the cause.

It’s easy to blame everything associated with yuck.

There are no less than 150 posts saying exactly what I asked, are there not? It seemed like a logical question, based on the strategy that y’all are working on and based on what is being presented as the long term strategy.
????????????????????

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT