ADVERTISEMENT

The tide is turning…

0c66d86eb17e80dabf7634abd0fe2f7a.jpg

While I think this was a monumentally stupid decision, none of my anger / frustration is directed at Mark.

Now that he is officially our guy, I'm 100% behind him.
100% this.

Ppl needed to vent about Mitch. But I called for Pope to be considered 1-2 years ago after St Peters loss if we had to eat Cals buyout and get someone on the cheap (didn’t see Mitch offering 5.5 when you could have got him for 3 lmao)

Liked him then and still like him now for the same reasons. Style of play and getting back to embracing the brand and tradition…. Just thought there were at least 2 names (maybe 3-4 depending on stomach for baggage) that should have had contracts on front of them prior to Pope. But now that it’s him and you’re seeing some money get on board….lets roll

Reactions: Samurai Cat
While I think this was a monumentally stupid decision, none of my anger / frustration is directed at Mark.

Now that he is officially our guy, I'm 100% behind him.

Exactly. Somehow many still can't understand how you can be ready to fully support the coach while also questioning the very questionable hiring process. Especially so since it sounds like he was second on the list.

Next season is going to be rough but it was going to be anyway before all the drama.

If Coach Pope gets some shooters and they get hot we have a chance to beat anyone on any given night.

At the very least, I'm excited. I haven't been excited and optimistic about UK basketball in a long time.

Tide turned for me when he was hired … tides still saying it’s time for Barnhart to go. Even if pope is wildly successful… and I think he can be… it was a massive reach.

Could be the best thing we could’ve hoped for. And that’s what I’ll hope for.. but if it doesn’t work out, Barnhart cannot be the one making the next hire whether it be two years from now, five or thirty.

Tide turned for me when he was hired … tides still saying it’s time for Barnhart to go. Even if pope is wildly successful… and I think he can be… it was a massive reach.

Could be the best thing we could’ve hoped for. And that’s what I’ll hope for.. but if it doesn’t work out, Barnhart cannot be the one making the next hire whether it be two years from now, five or thirty.

Trust me Barnhart is fully aware that his legacy is tied to Pope. Ballsy move if you ask me. I like it. Been wanting Mitch to grow a pair for years, so how can I complain?

As an IU fan, this is an interesting time to watch what happens with an elite program like Kentucky. Cal most definitely underachieved the last 5 years or so, but dude won a national championship at UK and obviously took your program to multiple Final Fours. He recruited at a level I've never seen before. Might be the best college basketball recruiter in history.

I don't know much about Pope and what he's done at BYU but where he takes UK in the coming years is going to fun to watch. The expectations at Kentucky do not get any bigger, anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT