ADVERTISEMENT

The tea leaves are saying that Indiana is back on Kentucky's schedule soon.

Indiana sucks and needs UK on their schedule for relevance. Why would we help them out? If IU wants to come to Rupp as part of one of these series with Howard and Yale or something one year, have at it. Otherwise it’s a waste of time.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I'm for it. I'd rather have rivalry games on our schedule than Poop U. We hate them. That's all I need to want to play the game. All this other talk is nonsense.

Reactions: dl51344
It’s overplayed. Much worse has happened at many sporting events and they didn’t cancel the entire process. I don’t think Calipari’s reasoning had anything at all to do with that anyway. He wanted that home and home canceled before that even happened, he just used that incident as an easy way to do it. Calipari does not like home and homes and never has. Our fans are too easily manipulated.
If I remember correctly, at the time Matt Jones said that Cal was very upset with the verbal abuse from IU fans directed at our player’s parents (specifically AD’s). He supposedly complained to IU officials, but nothing was done. Matt was still buddies with Cal back then, so I thought it had merit.
The abhorrent behavior that we ALL heard by the IU student section aside, (and whether or not other terrible treatment reported by several of our fans was even true), isn’t even my main reason for never wanting to play them again. That was one game in time.
It’s the venom IU fans have spewed about UK for years, no, actually decades. Why in the world would their “right-way” pristine program ever want to lower themselves to play the habitual, filthy cheaters anyway?? I’m in my 60’s, and I’ve long since grown weary of their self-righteousness.

Why should they be rewarded? We don’t need them.

That’s has nothing to do with watering down the sport. Not a thing. We were disrespected and threatened there. You don’t go back to a house where someone treated you like shit. That’s like leaving your ex and then going back at 2 am when she calls you saying how much she misses you. You do that and you’re a damn fool.
I always liked the neutral sites for the IU game because I could make it to Louisville so easy and I liked the 50/50 seating environment. The Indy game was also an easy drive if needed. Lexington is just as easy but the trade-off for a Louisville game was worth it.

Reactions: bbncal02

1hO2L1S.jpg
Add this #1 song to it

You must have eaten a lot of paint chips as a child because you obviously have brain damage!
Wow I don’t even know where to start with this. TJD and Oscar are about even but Oscar’s NPOY for advantage Oscar. Livingston kills any recruit for 3/4 they have Geronimo/Kopp/Reneau, Toppin is way better than Race Thompson. Collins is gonna be way better than anyone else they have in the front court that’s for sure. We crush them in all ways, college or pro prospects.

If I remember correctly, at the time Matt Jones said that Cal was very upset with the verbal abuse from IU fans directed at our player’s parents (specifically AD’s). He supposedly complained to IU officials, but nothing was done. Matt was still buddies with Cal back then, so I thought it had merit.
The abhorrent behavior that we ALL heard by the IU student section aside, (and whether or not other terrible treatment reported by several of our fans was even true), isn’t even my main reason for never wanting to play them again. That was one game in time.
It’s the venom IU fans have spewed about UK for years, no, actually decades. Why in the world would their “right-way” pristine program ever want to lower themselves to play the habitual, filthy cheaters anyway?? I’m in my 60’s, and I’ve long since grown weary of their self-righteousness.

Why should they be rewarded? We don’t need them.

My issue is that even if some of this were true, Calipari still wanted the game to end. There have been extremely hostile crowds at many sporting events. It’s not a reason to cancel a series that long. And honestly, the severity is overplayed imo.

I get that many don’t like Indiana and I don’t either. But it’s an old tradition game and I don’t care to water down this game more than Calipari already has. He was a lead guy in destroying home and homes, and it’s just become a dead season in many ways.

We need to get college basketball back to the way it used to be. I want Calipari to win his second title but I’m ready for the next guy. His methods are just stale.

Mistake. We just threw a lifeline to a dying program. They'd never be back in the spotlight without us

At this point I wouldn’t bring it back, at least not now. We would have dominated this series had we just kept playing it. Right now is bad timing and only benefits Indiana.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I am genuinely curious as to why the Calipari jock-sniffers are afraid for the Wildcats to match up against Indiana on the basketball court?
  1. The annual Kentucky-Indiana game ran from 1969 through 2012, which I presume means Rupp and Hall both felt it was a beneficial series for UK and its fan base.
  2. Kentucky led the annual series 26-18, which undercuts the notion that the series somehow wasn't competitive.
  3. Nearly every year Knight accused UK of being cheaters, which in my assessment only intensified the rivalry.
But then a fat jagoff shows up in the spring of 2009, goes 2-1 against Indiana in the annual rivalry game, and pronounces that the rivalry must end after a far superior UK team in December 2011 loses a game it shouldn't have lost in Bloomington, and the home crowd had the audacity to run out onto the court after the final buzzer. Competitors say that only fuels the rivalry. Gutless "leaders" see it as an opportunity to avoid being held accountable for a rivalry.

With regards to the ongoing rumor that Indiana has declined an offer from FJO to host an annual game in Indianapolis, Sports Illustrated has suggested that it wasn't the Hoosiers who have refused to have games played in Indianapolis. And Sports Illustrated is normally reliable. I'm among those who want UK and Indiana to play every year, and for UK to win every year with games that are compelling and memorable. But the Sports Illustrated article certainly paints the picture that Calipari is the one who has been running away when his proposal/bluff gets called, no?

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/...-wants-calipari-and-kentucky-back-on-schedule

I admit to being a lifelong UK fan who has never liked Calipari - still wish John Chaney would have gotten his hands on the fat jagoff back in '94. Calipari can't spell X or O [but he can count to 9-16], he cancelled the Kentucky vs. Indiana series, and he's perpetuated the one-and-done crap to the detriment of amateur athletics. But to each their own.

I'm also among those who miss the annual contest between Kentucky & Indiana, giving friends and neighbors a hard time in jest during the week leading up to the game, and occasionally planting a UK flag in a neighbor's front lawn following the game. But whatever, most Calipari jock-sniffers are as obnoxiously delusional as Rat Face jock-sniffers.
Off your meds?

(Trayce = Oscar) ( Race > Toppin or Collins ) ( Reneau > Toppin or Collins ) (Jordan Geronimo = Toppin or Collins) Livingston is not a front court player

SO IU front court > UK front court
Wow! What a lack of intelligence. Oscar is the defending unanimous POY, and Livingston is most definitely a front court player. He’ll play both the 3 and the 4.

Wow! What a lack of intelligence. Oscar is the defending unanimous POY, and Livingston is most definitely a front court player. He’ll play both the 3 and the 4.
Oscar will not win POY again this year. Trayce would pitch the ball back into Oscar’s face if they would match up. If Livingston is the 4 for you guys then UK is weaker than I thought 😬

Oscar will not win POY again this year. Trayce would pitch the ball back into Oscar’s face if they would match up. If Livingston is the 4 for you guys then UK is weaker than I thought 😬
Oscar hung 18 and 20 on Banchero. And he number one overall.

I personally wouldn't mind the rivalry to return... however for selfish reasons I'd like a series with Cincinnati first.

Livingston can play the 4 in a small ball lineup. I wouldn’t expect a moron like you to understand. Whether Oscar does or doesn’t win POY again, he would abuse IUsedtobe and any player they have. I knew you Hoosiers were stupid, but you have the I.Q. of a retarded yak.

Livingston can play the 4 in a small ball lineup. I wouldn’t expect a moron like you to understand. Whether Oscar does or doesn’t win POY again, he would abuse IUsedtobe and any player they have. I knew you Hoosiers were stupid, but you have the I.Q. of a retarded yak.
He would not play the 4 against us or he would get dominated. JS

• Haha
Reactions: BlueThunderstruck
Race Thompson averaged 11 and 8 compared to Collins 3 and 2 and Toppin 6 and 3. Clearly Thompson is better than both Collins and Toppin. Five star Malik Reneau has a higher ceiling than either Toppin or Collins. So you do not have anyone better. JS
Collins and Toppin had to split time with Brooks last year. That was a fault of Cal’s. That won’t be an issue this year. Pay attention.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think IU playing UK is good for both programs. Think about it, when was the last time UK won a championship? You might not see the value in playing IU but you can’t deny that UK hasn’t won’t it since the series has ended. This is a series that is good for both programs and college basketball overall, which is needed with all the change college sports is going through.

I don't want to play IU in the regular season. It has nothing to do with hatred for their program or because I don't want to take a chance on losing to them or whatever.

It's because of how their fans treated our fans and players the last time we played there. I've NEVER seen such pure hatred from a fanbase before. Watch the videos. Read the stories. They literally put our fans and players in danger. It was disgusting. So...F'em.
I can not and will not forgive their fans for the way my wife and I were treated. I, personally, was spit on and my wife was stepped on all while their fans were in full delight. I will NEVER FORGIVE THEM-------------NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear God: Please don't let us schedule them again even if all of the games were going to be at Rupp Arena. I don't want "any" Indiana fans in Rupp.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT