ADVERTISEMENT

The spread offense vs great defense

Wait, so because Bill Self wrote a book about a high low offense several years ago, so that automatically means that's what he ran last year and is running this year? Is that seriously what you think?

They run a 5 out spread offense and it's what they ran last year too. They don't have Joel Embiid anymore, hell, they don’t have an anchor big man in the post. Who are the 2 guys in the post in this high-low 3/2 offense that KU is supposedly running?

Same with Baylor, who are their post players you’re referencing?

I think it's hilarious how you think Bill Self is running a post offense because he wrote a book about it years ago. Wow.
This is just not true. Last year they had Mccormack down low who was an old school 5 and Dajuan Harris at PG who could not shoot to save his life. Unless you want to say that this “5 out spread offense” had 2 non shooters then?

Reactions: crawfords corner
This is just not true. Last year they had Mccormack down low who was an old school 5 and Dajuan Harris at PG who could not shoot to save his life. Unless you want to say that this “5 out spread offense” had 2 non shooters then?

Because Jeff has no clue wtf hes talking about. Just write a million words and its true.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Ohh, okay. 🤣

I've been calling it a spread offense, because it's an offense that spreads the defense out. To me, whether it's 5 out, or 4 out, it does the same thing.

But you're wrong on KU, they start out their possessions in a 5 out set. They don't have a true post player, which is why you refuse to answer my question… who are KU's post players? You said they run a 3/2, who are their post players?

You could just look up Bill Self's own explanation and it'd save us 3 pages of 1 person making continuously stupid comments. But hey, wtf does Bill Self know about his own offense. KyJeff is the real offensive guru 🤡

Ohh, okay. 🤣

Oh hey, we still doing that ban bet on Alabama getting past the sweet 16?

The difference between Self and Calipari.

Self adjusts what he does to his personnel
Calipari tries to run the same thing no matter the personnel.
This and Cals needed personnel is a future nba Allstar PG that’s 6’3 plus and lightning quick….those don’t grow on trees yearly

You could just look up Bill Self's own explanation and it'd save us 3 pages of 1 person making continuously stupid comments. But hey, wtf does Bill Self know about his own offense. KyJeff is the real offensive guru 🤡
It's zbout time you recognized that.

Who is Bill Self's post player this year?

Our defense is our biggest issue, but our offense is atrocious. I don’t care what it’s ranked or how our cupcake schedule inflates the numbers. All we hear is how Cal won’t play zone because they don’t play it in the NBA. The Horns set hasn’t been used efficiently in the NBA in years but he continues to scream elbow. lol The game has changed but Cal hasn’t changed with it.

That's because you have no idea what the **** you're talking about. You just so desperately want to be heard and a part of the conversation that you literally say shit just to say it. That's why so many people here take what you say so lightly.

A true spread is 5 out. There is no one in the post. A 4 out has a player in the post. We already use a 4 out with Toppin. Our four just aren't skilled enough to be consistently good at it. Oscar also isn't a consistent enough jump shooter for his defender to consistently stretch out to him. They tend to play him with space to weaken to drive or backdoor until he makes a few. We just simply don't have the personell for that. Yet, we do still have one of the better offenses utilizing the strengths we do have. That's why everyone is telling you it's the D that is this teams issue.

I'm not wrong on KU. That's why you can provide no evidence and me and others have.

They have 3 on this team alone that play a lot. I named them in post #60. Please refer to that post instead of asking. Who refused to answer? Well, except for you and the evidence we've asked for!

Im tapping out. It's like talking sports with a woman. I do enough of that with my wife.

• Love
Reactions: Steel Tummy
That's because you have no idea what the **** you're talking about. You just so desperately want to be heard and a part of the conversation that you literally say shit just to say it. That's why so many people here take what you say so lightly.

A true spread is 5 out. There is no one in the post. A 4 out has a player in the post. We already use a 4 out with Toppin. Our four just aren't skilled enough to be consistently good at it. Oscar also isn't a consistent enough jump shooter for his defender to consistently stretch out to him. They tend to play him with space to weaken to drive or backdoor until he makes a few. We just simply don't have the personell for that. Yet, we do still have one of the better offenses utilizing the strengths we do have. That's why everyone is telling you it's the D that is this teams issue.

I'm not wrong on KU. That's why you can provide no evidence and me and others have.

They have 3 on this team alone that play a lot. I named them in post #60. Please refer to that post instead of asking. Who refused to answer? Well, except for you and the evidence we've asked for!
A 4 out offense is also a spread offense. If it spreads the defense out, in my mind, it is a spread offense.

I've never said we should ever try to run a 5 out offense, that requires 5 guys that can all hit 3's and I don't think that's sustainable. If you have the personnel to do it, then you should, but it’s rare to have that.

If you have 4 shooters and a 5 that has some range, you will spread defenses out to create driving lanes.

I never referenced anyone elses definition of what a spread offense is. Again, you can spread defenses out by going with 4 out and 1 in, but the second you put a big 250lb anchor in the paint, it won't work.

• Haha
Reactions: Steel Tummy
Same! Until he can provide evidence, it's him just arguing to argue. With the rambling he/she does, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a woman.

Hi-low motion offense concepts and 4-game concepts. His offense is based around post sets using these concepts. That doesn't mean he has to have frigging Shaq in the post FFS. It doesn't also mean he won't adjust his offensive concepts around his personnel to fit the offense around them better.

Im out this time for real though. No sense in talking to someone just making up crap as they go.

Hi-low motion offense concepts and 4-game concepts. His offense is based around post sets using these concepts. That doesn't mean he has to have frigging Shaq in the post FFS. It doesn't also mean he won't adjust his offensive concepts around his personnel to fit the offense around them better.

Im out this time for real though. No sense in talking to someone just making up crap as they go.
LOL, but KJ Adams and Wilson are post players for KU right? And I'm the one that doesn't know what he's talking about? 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: crawfords corner
So you have no idea what a spread offense is. Lady, stick to cleaning, cooking and knitting and doing your wifely duties. There are some chicks who can talk sports, you aren't one of them.

Bingo. We are already running the offense she wants, we just suck at it. Which is also the benny lineup she claimed was the right lineup. Her arguments are a hot mess at this point.

Sure, boo. If that's what you want.
You think what we're running is an offense that spreads the defense out? Yeah, that’s wrong.

And yes, I do know what a spread offense is, obviously you two don't because you're claiming Kansas and Baylor are playing a 3/2 post offense, yet they have every team they play spread out with nobody in the middle.

So which is it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT