ADVERTISEMENT

The Rupp floor

Rockfly78

Senior
Nov 20, 2014
So this new glass LED floor deal….is this thing here to stay or was it a one off for BBM? I’ve read a few articles and they weren’t definitive. Last year we had a brand spanking new one for about a week before they had to tear it up and put the old one back in. Then we really didn’t get a follow up on that.

From what I read the glass floor has tech that can record player data and can be synced with an iPad so the coaches can use it as a tool. Pretty cool. I like when Kentucky is on the forefront of things.

Reactions: chroix
It was just here for BBM. It's not used for actual game play as of yet anywhere. it's used for promo stuff, the NBA used it for their 3 point and dunk contest. I feel like the NBA will eventually allow it to become a permanent floor for NBA teams and many teams will eventually start using it. it will have to be fully accepted by the NBA before the NCAA will ever consider allowing it.

Reactions: chroix
Definitely the future. Future generations are gonna have ADD in a way we can’t even comprehend. The amount of constant stimulation that’s going to be required to get people to pay attention would give past generations seizures.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT