ADVERTISEMENT

The Rupp floor

Rockfly78

Senior
Nov 20, 2014
So this new glass LED floor deal….is this thing here to stay or was it a one off for BBM? I’ve read a few articles and they weren’t definitive. Last year we had a brand spanking new one for about a week before they had to tear it up and put the old one back in. Then we really didn’t get a follow up on that.

From what I read the glass floor has tech that can record player data and can be synced with an iPad so the coaches can use it as a tool. Pretty cool. I like when Kentucky is on the forefront of things.

Reactions: J_Dee and chroix
It was just here for BBM. It's not used for actual game play as of yet anywhere. it's used for promo stuff, the NBA used it for their 3 point and dunk contest. I feel like the NBA will eventually allow it to become a permanent floor for NBA teams and many teams will eventually start using it. it will have to be fully accepted by the NBA before the NCAA will ever consider allowing it.

Definitely the future. Future generations are gonna have ADD in a way we can’t even comprehend. The amount of constant stimulation that’s going to be required to get people to pay attention would give past generations seizures.

We should just install it and use it. Put big photos of players on it with QR codes for donating to NIL. And then sue the NCAA when they say take it down. Tell them they are infringing on the players' rights to make money.

I'd also like to have the floor be able to produce a hologram of a naked woman standing under the opponent's basket when they shoot free throws. And have a superimposed Wildcat following the opponent's best player around wherever he goes on the floor. And the lights should go out when the other team shoots.

Sorry, got carried away.

It was just here for BBM. It's not used for actual game play as of yet anywhere. it's used for promo stuff, the NBA used it for their 3 point and dunk contest. I feel like the NBA will eventually allow it to become a permanent floor for NBA teams and many teams will eventually start using it. it will have to be fully accepted by the NBA before the NCAA will ever consider allowing it.
I think the NBA used it for the in season tournament as well.

Reactions: J_Dee
Definitely the future. Future generations are gonna have ADD in a way we can’t even comprehend. The amount of constant stimulation that’s going to be required to get people to pay attention would give past generations seizures.
Same idea as giving a sick Victorian child a Red Bull or a bag of cool ranch Doritos. Would probably kill em.
Star Trek No No No GIF by arielle-m

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT