ADVERTISEMENT

The reason Wake Forrest Coach Forbes hates Kentucky

There is more to the quote where he said no disrespect to UK and that he respects us....... but its about finishing what you started.

people are taking the beginning of the quote just for click bait and not calming down enough to read it all. Its really not that bad

It's called recruiting. If UK was a much better academic school than someone we're recruiting against we'd say the same thing. It's not that he hates UK, he is recruiting the kid based on the strengths of Wake Forrest. Even if they aren't basketball related really.
you are such a pompous dick...of course fans would say something like...NOT a school rep.
He is 100% making fun of my school and my degrees from UK; and making an innuendo that the player would be dumb to leave...
You really love your shtick

Reactions: Ugoff
U.S. News?...lolololol.

I don't know what you're lol'ing. U.S. News is universally accepted worldwide as a lead source when it comes to academic rankings. It is what it is, I'm not happy about it, but the truth is UK doesn't do that well in the academic rankings.

But Olivier Sarr is a basketball player, and his decision thus should be based on which school is best for him from a basketball perspective ...and we kick the shit out of WF in the basketball department.

Last edited:
I don't care if Forbes takes a crap on the UK emblem at center court so long as Sarr is in a UK uniform next year putting up 13 and 8 each night.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
It's not like Wake is in the Ivy League. Wake is primarily known as an expensive private school for rich kids. Arguably, a UK degree has stronger name recognition throughout the country, and many of UK's academic programs such as pharmacy are ranked higher than Wake. I'd concede that Vandy is a superior academic school, but Wake's excessive tuition doesn't necessarily translate to a better education.
Case in point- Transy

Steve Forbes, the new coach at Wake Forrest made the comment slamming Kentucky to Olivier Sarr stating "why would you want to go to Wake for 3 years and then graduate from Kentucky".

So why does he hate on Kentucky you ask??? Look at his resume (which is crap by the way)....

Forbes was an assistant at Tennessee years ago, and then was an assistant at Wichita State when they were the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament, and got beat and sent home in the second round by who??? KENTUCKY !!!!!!!

So let Forbes talk any smack he wants, but if that smack involves teaching basketball or guiding Saar's basketball future he needs to keep Kentucky's name out of his mouth.

John Calipari has put 49 players in the NBA

Steve Forbes was the head coach at East Tennessee State

if you are a basketball player trying to have a career-making millions in the NBA, which coach and school helps you get there? Mic Dropped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Forbes_(basketball)

frankly, this is the only Recruiting battle that will ever happen in basketball between Kentucky and weak. Forget that guy.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
There is more to the quote where he said no disrespect to UK and that he respects us....... but its about finishing what you started.

people are taking the beginning of the quote just for click bait and not calming down enough to read it all. Its really not that bad

The quote was mangled purely for clickbait. Forbes knows he's going to lose Sarr, so he's saving face.

Reactions: RunninRichie

Just because you put “no disrespect” after an insult doesn’t absolve you of the insult. What if I said to you (hypothetically) “No disrespect but you’re a crap poster.” ? In context he meant it as an insult. I’m not naive negative recruiting like this goes on ALL the time for almost every D-1 player. I’m sure Duke has quietly been saying this for years behind the scenes about us. But this wet behind the ears new head coach forgot the cardinal rule that you don’t publicize your insults of other schools to the media.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKrazycat2
I don't know what you're lol'ing. U.S. News is universally accepted worldwide as a lead source when it comes to academic rankings. It is what it is, I'm not happy about it, but the truth is UK doesn't do that well in the academic rankings.

But Olivier Sarr is a basketball player, and his decision thus should be based on which school is best for him from a basketball perspective ...and we kick the shit out of WF in the basketball department.
Do a little research on how they rank colleges.... at best, it is a very loose guide.

Even if...and a school rep. should not be disparaging the reputation of other institutions.

As a small business owner, my education has definitely been one of the most valuable experiences of my life.

That being said, let Coach Forbes graduate all his players with high GPA & average 5-8 wins per season. Well see how long that helps him keep his ACC job.

Wake Forest still hasn’t recovered from that beatdown we gave them in the NCAA Tourney in 1993.

103-69. I’ll just leave that here.

“A withering display of basketball talent...”

And the ass whoopin' we gave them in 2010, especially the one Cousins gave them lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT