ADVERTISEMENT

The reason Wake Forrest Coach Forbes hates Kentucky

Tyblue22

Senior
Dec 23, 2003
Steve Forbes, the new coach at Wake Forrest made the comment slamming Kentucky to Olivier Sarr stating "why would you want to go to Wake for 3 years and then graduate from Kentucky".

So why does he hate on Kentucky you ask??? Look at his resume (which is crap by the way)....

Forbes was an assistant at Tennessee years ago, and then was an assistant at Wichita State when they were the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament, and got beat and sent home in the second round by who??? KENTUCKY !!!!!!!

So let Forbes talk any smack he wants, but if that smack involves teaching basketball or guiding Saar's basketball future he needs to keep Kentucky's name out of his mouth.

John Calipari has put 49 players in the NBA

Steve Forbes was the head coach at East Tennessee State

if you are a basketball player trying to have a career-making millions in the NBA, which coach and school helps you get there? Mic Dropped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Forbes_(basketball)

Last edited:
Steve Forbes, the new coach at Wake Forrest made the comment slamming Kentucky to Olivier Saar stating "why would you want to go to Wake for 3 years and then graduate from Kentucky".

So why does he hate on Kentucky you ask??? Look at his resume (which is crap by the way)....

Forbes was an assistant at Tennessee years ago, and then was an assistant at Wichita State when they were the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament, and got beat and sent home in the second round by who??? KENTUCKY !!!!!!!

So let Forbes talk any smack he wants, but if that smack involves teaching basketball or guiding Saar's basketball future he needs to keep Kentucky's name out of his mouth.

if you are a basketball player trying to have a career-making millions in the NBA, which coach and school helps you get there? Mic Dropped.

He also was an assistant under Billy Gillispie at Texas A&M

I would ask Forbes this in return, why would you return to Wake Forrest if a former NBA player who was your coach guided you and you still were not a projected lottery pick. AND why would you return to Wake Forrest when they are going to suck next year and you are going to receive double teams all season while learning a new system?

I hate to be that guy
Like Wake Forrest is the bastion of top education. No one cares if you graduated from there. I’ve got my degree from UK and I’m proud. What is a demon deacon anyways? A satanist church member?

I hate to be that guy UK Grad but there is one too many consonants in one of the words in your post.. Just tryin to help.. #BBN

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
Steve Forbes, the new coach at Wake Forrest made the comment slamming Kentucky to Olivier Sarr stating "why would you want to go to Wake for 3 years and then graduate from Kentucky".

Or maybe he was comparing getting a degree from a school in the top 30 nationally vs one in the top 150.

It's called recruiting. If UK was a much better academic school than someone we're recruiting against we'd say the same thing. It's not that he hates UK, he is recruiting the kid based on the strengths of Wake Forrest. Even if they aren't basketball related really.

It's called recruiting. If UK was a much better academic school than someone we're recruiting against we'd say the same thing. It's not that he hates UK, he is recruiting the kid based on the strengths of Wake Forrest. Even if they aren't basketball related really.

Yep. You play the cards you're dealt. He can't say Wake is a better basketball school, but he can say it's better academically ...so that's what he goes with.

But I guarantee you Mr. Forbes was not interested in talking about a school's academic standing a month ago when he was at ETSU.

Last edited:
Cal has heard them all. We got our bull dogs going in there now. If we get him, great, we are pre season number one. If we dont, Kentucky is not for everyone. ..and my personal opinion he scared of the big stage.

I thought it was because he has a small penis?

It's not like Wake is in the Ivy League. Wake is primarily known as an expensive private school for rich kids. Arguably, a UK degree has stronger name recognition throughout the country, and many of UK's academic programs such as pharmacy are ranked higher than Wake. I'd concede that Vandy is a superior academic school, but Wake's excessive tuition doesn't necessarily translate to a better education.

Reactions: Tyblue22
I say who cares to that coach, right? If you are a 7 foot basketball player you are trying to become an NBA player to make Millions in a few years. Period. Thats your professional path. People need to start realizing that the athletic path for some, IS their education. Those guys SHOULD choose basketball schools over "academic". They have the opportunity to make more money in 3 to 5 years than they would ever dream of in a regular profession with a college degree. This is a legit argument. But selfish people like Forbes make statements like that to a kid who is 7 foot and has a shot if he gets in the right program with the right guidance. Not many guys like Calipari actually sacrifice, and truly do what's best for the player.
For guys like Sarr, he needs to go to the program that has his best basketball interest in mind and he only has a year left to do it. Why chance it on a coach who is getting his 1st real head coaching job. Why? The answer is, he shouldn't. He should go to Kentucky.

Are fans really that upset over the comments? Seems way too thin-skinned.

Hell is freezing over. I actually agree with you.

Are fans really that upset over the comments? Seems way too thin-skinned.

Yes, and no it's not thin-skinned. This guy has never had even a medium level head coaching job and his recruiting pitch didn't offer anything to "help" the player. Instead, he chose to focus on slamming Kentucky as if it were a bad academic institute, and Wake was somehow Princeton. Not thin-skinned, he asked for it.

You had me until 49

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT