ADVERTISEMENT

The reason not to feel bad for FSU and the ACC

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
It’s funny how so many people are upset over them being left out. But let’s not forget the ACC was the only conference to vote against having the 12 team playoff implemented into this season, so FSU should thank their conference for them not being in the playoffs. Would’ve been 12 teams if they didn’t vote against it…..

It’s funny how so many people are upset over them being left out. But let’s not forget the ACC was the only conference to vote against having the 12 team playoff implemented into this season, so FSU should thank their conference for them not being in the playoffs. Would’ve been 12 teams if they didn’t vote against it…..
More than two years after the Alliance formed — and about a year after it unceremoniously collapsed — the pact between the ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 stands as one of college sports’ greatest failures.

It prevented the sport’s postseason from expanding a year earlier than many officials had originally planned. Without that gentleman’s agreement, without the 16-month delay in approving an expanded playoff, without their hoops and hurdles, their roadblocks and speed bumps, college football’s postseason this year would likely incorporate not four teams but 12.

It's why I don't get the faux outrage.

If we had a 12 team playoff this year I bet fsu would have been ranked 7th in it.

The committee knows Georgia and osu are better but didn't want to hurt the acts feelings too much.

If we had a 12 team playoff this year I bet fsu would have been ranked 7th in it.

The committee knows Georgia and osu are better but didn't want to hurt the acts feelings too much.
Probably would have ranked Georgia in the top 4 as well.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Uh, why the hell do y'all think FSU wants out of the ACC so bad? Complete sh@t show and has been for awhile now.

Reactions: grevey35
The outrage is silly because FSU isn't the only really good team that got left out!

Ohio State...their only loss is to #1 Michigan. They have a legit gripe,

UGA...Only the most dominant program for 3 years, back-to-back champs. They lose to the other most dominant program in recent history in the title game and get snubbed.

This is why 4 game playoff has never made sense. It leaves out multiple teams every year who can legit say they're one of the best.

Reactions: secrules3

I agree completely. Absolutely no better than 7th and possibly lower if the committee truly ranks every team based on perceived strength.

I agree completely. Absolutely no better than 7th and possibly lower if the committee truly ranks every team based on perceived strength.

The only reason I could see them ranking fsu 5 is so alabama didn't have to play Georgia in the quarterfinals after uga bitchslapped liberty into oblivion in the 5 vs 12 game.

It's gonna be tough to avoid sec vs sec in first round and same with big 10 vs big 10 though. Sure the committee will try to finesse it to avoid those when possible though.

If Michigan had to choose its opponent for the playoffs among Alabama, Georgia, Texas, or FSU, who do you think they would choose?

The obvious answer is FSU. Don't tell that to the fsu dynasty defenders though.

They will tell u that michigan wanted tcu last season too over osu in the semifinals and so on.

Why play the games. Blah blah.

Let's have UGA and fsu play this weekend and fsu wins they can play bama the next weekend for right to a playoff. Fsu would be shut up really quick by playing that game.

Congrats (belatedly) on joining the ACC Louisville!
U6 deserves every thing they are getting by accepting a place in the Forgotten ACC. They felt they were going to come into the ACC and dominate, but became only and still a Mediocre Team at best. If they go to the Big 12, they might just have enough to run the table and win the Conference, but too little too late for the Committee to give them any respect due to normally a very weak schedule each year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT