ADVERTISEMENT

The one area that I want to see improvement from Coach Stoops

Not mistaken. I know how they vote. BUT!!!!! to say Stoops was the best coach of the SEC this year is wrong. SEC COACH OF THE YEAR! It **SHOULD go to Saban as it should have
If you know how they vote then you would know that the experts throwing Stoops' name out there weren't off base.

I am sorry you don't like their voting reasonings, but that's how they have been voting for years.

Some non-UK people thought he should have won. That's not my opinion it's just a factual statement not up for debate. You would have to have your debate w/them.

Not sure what your name is meant to mean, but I will never swap my blue for brown.

I think your post is at least two thirds wrong, I think our dumb penalties have declined, false starts, how many players disqualified for helmet to helmet, etc, and several of the talking heads had him behind only Saban for SEC COY.

You seem to be a pretty big critic, and so maybe you don't think a 7 win season and a huge upset of Transfer U is good enough for your lofty expectations, and it could have been better (what couldn't be?) but you haven't been a UK fan for long if you don't know it could have been a lot worse.
I agree 100% with everything you said jauk11

Not mistaken. I know how they vote. BUT!!!!! to say Stoops was the best coach of the SEC this year is wrong. SEC COACH OF THE YEAR! It **SHOULD go to Saban as it should have

No argument, but all the comments I saw about it said you had to give it to Saban BUT that Stoops was next in line. There are a lot of good coaches in the SEC that they put him in front of, no disgrace to finish second to Saban.

No argument, but all the comments I saw about it said you had to give it to Saban BUT that Stoops was next in line. There are a lot of good coaches in the SEC that they put him in front of, no disgrace to finish second to Saban.
how does stoops finish 2ND??? 3rd? or top 5? based off what??? 7-5(4-4)? beating a waaaaaay overated UoL team who themselves only had 1 win against a winning team. No sir, that don't, nor should ever get SEC coach of the year. That's called CHARITY! Yes, I'm a UK Fan. but I'm a realist.

Coach has a demonstrated "emotional meltdown" during live action on the field of play! This demeanor has cost UK for three seasons & counting. I don't think Coach is lacking in FB Knowledge as it relates to his behavior, however, because he becomes so embroiled in the circumstances that are going on, he seems to lose the presence of mind to make effective decisions regarding the play calling, (scheming), if you will!!!

Excellent observation, and I agree 100 percent. Hopefully this will get better as he coaches more as the HC. I've never seen a ref change his mind because a coach raised hell with him. Probably just the opposite on a close call.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

The head coach is the CEO on the sidelines. His coordinators run the game plan and hence how the game plays out. As an example, Woody Hayes was out of his mind on the sidelines to the point af attacking an opposing player. Yet, OSU won consistently. Fans were supportive. Lose and the head coach, according to the small segment of fans that troll these boards, is out of control.

Did Woody win because of the talent he had, or because he was an A$$ on the sidelines? If I remember correctly, he had to retire for losing his temper on the opposing player.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

how does stoops finish 2ND??? 3rd? or top 5? based off what??? 7-5(4-4)? beating a waaaaaay overated UoL team who themselves only had 1 win against a winning team. No sir, that don't, nor should ever get SEC coach of the year. That's called CHARITY! Yes, I'm a UK Fan. but I'm a realist.

Follow the thread, we were talking about some commentators saying they THOUGHT he was the second best coach, not sure how you could realistically rate the coaches, it was just their OPINION.

Hornung won the Heisman playing on a losing team, LOTS of factors enter into coaching besides how many five stars you can recruit.

Disagreeing with you doesn't make me stale.

Also, I don't give a crap that they are proven winners. They have been that way the entire time that they have been head coaches. So that argument doesn't hold water.
What are you talking about that I made an S/N thinking people wouldn't know? By no means did I care if people would notice or not. In fact the SN was similar so people would know without being obvious. And secondly. Are you seriously going to act like it's impossible for me to have more knowledge of certain situations than you? Because not saying I do have more knowledge about it. But if I did I wouldn't be allowed to discuss it. For all you know I could know people directly involved in the situation. Not saying I do. But I could. You don't know. OJ was also proven innocent for those who think what the courts say is all that matters and even if they're found not guilty doesnt mean it didn't happen. Again. And again. You've proven to be very ignorant. You're just a big time homer. No one was trying to fool anyone into believing that I'm not a certain person. Cuz if I cared enough. I wouldn't have made a similar S/N. and no one would've known. I just don't care enough. I in fact have hinted it out to people on purpose multiple times. Jeez you're clueless. It's hilarious that you said ohh the irony. Youre beyond clueless.

Last edited:
What are you talking about that I made an S/N thinking people wouldn't know? By no means did I care if people would notice or not. In fact the SN was similar so people would know without being obvious. And secondly. Are you seriously going to act like it's impossible for me to have more knowledge of certain situations than you? Because not saying I do have more knowledge about it. But if I did I wouldn't be allowed to discuss it. For all you know I could know people directly involved in the situation. Not saying I do. But I could. You don't know. OJ was also proven innocent for those who think what the courts say is all that matters and even if they're found not guilty doesnt mean it didn't happen. Again. And again. You've proven to be very ignorant. You're just a big time homer. No one was trying to fool anyone into believing that I'm not a certain person. Cuz if I cared enough. I wouldn't have made a similar S/N. and no one would've known. I just don't care enough. I in fact have hinted it out to people on purpose multiple times. Jeez you're clueless. It's hilarious that you said ohh the irony. Youre beyond clueless.
Hahahahahahahaha!!! And you still sound like a clown. My response had.nothing to.do with your "knowledge" of the situation or if you know people. I think you know to andreIGUODOLLAsigns4UK.

For a full year you tried to tell me how I was clueless about football and Stoops too. How did that turn out? Also, what would be the point in changing your name unless you don't want to own up to being wrong?

settle down kid,, merriman wasn't even responding to you, he was talking to mtncat!lol!!!

Reactions: merrimanm
Hahahahahahahaha!!! And you still sound like a clown. My response had.nothing to.do with your "knowledge" of the situation or if you know people. I think you know to andreIGUODOLLAsigns4UK.

For a full year you tried to tell me how I was clueless about football and Stoops too. How did that turn out? Also, what would be the point in changing your name unless you don't want to own up to being wrong?
You for one said i was trying to trick people into thinking I'm not a certain someone. Meaning you're clueless. And you said oh the irony when I said don't speak on something you know nothing of. Because the only people who know anything. Are the lawyers, victims, defendants, witnesses and those who are close friends/family to any of those people involved. People can choose to defend the man all they want. But you can't say oh the irony and just assume I don't know more about this situation than others. Again. Not saying I do. But if I did I wouldn't be allowed to discuss it. I don't care what anyone here thinks of me and the way I feel about anything. Take it with a grain of salt anyone and everyone I don't give a crap.

You for one said i was trying to trick people into thinking I'm not a certain someone. Meaning you're clueless. And you said oh the irony when I said don't speak on something you know nothing of. Because the only people who know anything. Are the lawyers, victims, defendants, witnesses and those who are close friends/family to any of those people involved. People can choose to defend the man all they want. But you can't say oh the irony and just assume I don't know more about this situation than others. Again. Not saying I do. But if I did I wouldn't be allowed to discuss it. I don't care what anyone here thinks of me and the way I feel about anything. Take it with a grain of salt anyone and everyone I don't give a crap.
I said oh the irony because the entire football season you stated your opinion as fact and claimed everyone else an idiot. Like you knew more about something that others didn't. You also ran with rumors about Stoops, spewed hate toward the man because you "knew" he was awful and would never get the job done. So the irony is that you told someone not to talk about something that they didn't know anything about, yet you did that all football season.

As far as your name, you changed it because you got proven wrong and couldn't admit to it. Then, got exposed. So what would be the reason for changing your name if you weren't trying to hide who you are?

Reactions: shutzhund
Follow the thread, we were talking about some commentators saying they THOUGHT he was the second best coach, not sure how you could realistically rate the coaches, it was just their OPINION.

Hornung won the Heisman playing on a losing team, LOTS of factors enter into coaching besides how many five stars you can recruit.

I helped create the thread and posted my own reasons why SEC coach of the year should , and does got to the right guy. If you or someone else's arguments are about Anything else then you was not being talked to, to begin with.

I helped create the thread and posted my own reasons why SEC coach of the year should , and does got to the right guy. If you or someone else's arguments are about Anything else then you was not being talked to, to begin with.

Geez.

I started the post by saying "No argument" so why are you arguing with me? No one said Stoops should have been voted the best, which I also explained, BUT some commentators a lot more influential than me said that he was the NEXT BEST coach in the SEC-------THEIR opinion, not mine, although I do like it.and will take it as a positive in a world full of negatives..

Disagreeing with you doesn't make me stale.

Also, I don't give a crap that they are proven winners. They have been that way the entire time that they have been head coaches. So that argument doesn't hold water.
Just where between Berea and Lexington did you get lost merrimanm? Did you by chance take the Richmond exit, or perhaps it was the Boonesboro exit?

To all the respondents on this thread that got sidetracked and engaged in a pissing contest as to who did or should have been voted COTY in the SEC, I'd like to respectfully request that you all go back to Reading Comprehension 101! Note: the intent,(purpose), of the thread was a mere suggestion regarding how Coach Stoops could enhance his coaching acumen.

Answer: very mediocre! and embarrassed in the bowl.

Hahaha!! Mediocre? Not for out standards. And we weren't embarrassed. We played horrible and still had a chance to win against a 9 win ACC team.

Also, I see you give zero credit for winning 7 of the last 10 games of the season, with one of those losses to NC runner up Alabama. You also didn't give credit to beating the heisman winner and top ranked team on their home field after being 27 point dogs. But yeah, he was right with all the crap he spewed.

Why aren't you on the Ohio State board demanding that they fire Meyers, you might be as big a fan of theirs as you are of ours..

I'd like to see Stoops bring his team's out more inspired against tougher opponents. We look dominant vs. weaker opponents but often play like the underdogs against better teams in the first quarter. They seem to lack some efficiency at times early in the game.
As its been noted before, there is room for making better in-game adjustments on both sides of the ball.
And I'd like to see our return game improve, thus playing a bigger part of shortening the field for the. Offense.

When the doctors stress your heart what they want to see is how fast you recover. Faster the recovery healthier the heart. That's my concern with Stoops----It's not the explosion it's how the anger lingers and he doesn't seem to get his head back in the game quickly.
Until he wins consistently and the 1% of this fan base who criticize every minute detail of our program have to backtrack to criticize some other perceived fallacy.

Reactions: Levibooty
One of the very few things remotely resembling competitive SEC football has been CMS' explosions.

I've been critical of him, and probably will continue to be if some things don't change, but his fire and passion are exactly what the team, program, and fan base need. There is more violence of action when he goes after a ref than when the DL or OL fires off the line of scrimmage.

I've never seen anything like what I saw when he went after Paul Johnson. I thought we were going to have an incident that would break the presses. A brawl, incited not by players, but a coach. I said it then and I stand by it, I would have given him an extension for that alone.

A couple of times this season, and especially the last game I thought he was going to straight up thump the refs with a full on form tackle, or at least a solid forearm close line

That is what "changing the culture" means...we haven't had that here before...

Have no problem with Coach's passion, however, his demise seems to be that he does not make his point & then move on! It is as tho he gets into an emotional malaise that he can't extricate himself from in a timely manner!

Your perception and personal opinions are only outweighed by your lack of examining UK's football program and the progress we have made. Apparently, this is not in your expectations. Perhaps a reexamination of your fan loyalty and opinion requires further thought.

He changed his name but he can't stop making those brainless posts.
Brainless posts? For all you know that situation I was referring to might really hit home for me and people like you acting like someone's life was ruined for no reason when much worse should've happened is absolutely pathetic and dehumanizing. Don't be an ass just because you can assume you know things you have no clue about.... speaking of brainless.

Brainless posts? For all you know that situation I was referring to might really hit home for me and people like you acting like someone's life was ruined for no reason when much worse should've happened is absolutely pathetic and dehumanizing. Don't be an ass just because you can assume you know things you have no clue about.... speaking of brainless.

Identifying your posts as brainless is a matter of history. If you don't like it you can try changing your posting name for a third time but you'll just out yourself all over again. That was truly a pathetic performance.

Identifying your posts as brainless is a matter of history. If you don't like it you can try changing your posting name for a third time but you'll just out yourself all over again. That was truly a pathetic performance.
Curious. In what did I post was brainless. And how do you come up with that assessment. I've said nothing but truth on these boards. Stoops ability was very questionable before the season and damn questionable 2 games in. Ingave him credit once he proved a lil sum. But just a simple lucky bounce of the ball can be the difference in multiple games. We were a 52 yard field goal made away from potentially having a losing season. Stoops deserves credit. But if we go out and lay an egg next season then the jury will still be out. I really don't think you know what brainless is you have yet to provide an example of a brainless post. You just talk out the side of your ass with no proof of anything brainless. Just because you don't like what I have to say. Doesn't mean you know anything about anything. You can pretend to all you want. But acting holier than thou doesn't truly make you, holier than thou.

Curious. In what did I post was brainless. And how do you come up with that assessment. I've said nothing but truth on these boards. Stoops ability was very questionable before the season and damn questionable 2 games in. Ingave him credit once he proved a lil sum. But just a simple lucky bounce of the ball can be the difference in multiple games. We were a 52 yard field goal made away from potentially having a losing season. Stoops deserves credit. But if we go out and lay an egg next season then the jury will still be out. I really don't think you know what brainless is you have yet to provide an example of a brainless post. You just talk out the side of your ass with no proof of anything brainless. Just because you don't like what I have to say. Doesn't mean you know anything about anything. You can pretend to all you want. But acting holier than thou doesn't truly make you, holier than thou.

So many passive aggressive, ignorant examples. But, to name only one of the more recent, following your first attempt to escape your past you clumsily exposed yourself after only a half dozen posts under that new identity.

Now you've done it again. You're indicating memorable posts about Stoops, after our first two losses, yet a joining date of Dec 13, 2016. Damn, talk about brainless. Do you have any idea how pathetic you appear to be?

Don't bother to try and explain. You'll only screw that up too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT