ADVERTISEMENT

The not Willis or Hawkins thread

SmyrnaCatFan

Sophomore
Nov 9, 2012
Last night was fun to watch and other than yelling at Dickie V to shut up was pretty stress free for me. Please post in this thread some aspect of individual play you observed in the game last night that does not pertain to the aforementioned Cats.

I really like the way Lyles and KAT played defense even out to the perimeter. The effort was very notable as were the results. It seemed to fuel their offense as well.

I liked Karl Towns' delayed exaggerated fist pump after getting that and 1. I'm surprised I haven't seen a gif of it yet.

I liked watching Missouri miss 17 of 18 from three.

Great D by the cats, we took away their strength.

Originally posted by JasonS.:
I liked when the big white dude from the other team threw the ball into his bench.
Yeah that was pretty awesome. One time at band camp....

Originally posted by SmyrnaCatFan:
Last night was fun to watch and other than yelling at Dickie V to shut up was pretty stress free for me. Please post in this thread some aspect of individual play you observed in the game last night that does not pertain to the aforementioned Cats.
You mean other than all the other threads not about Willis/Hawkins?

Mizzou was inbounding the ball on their end of the court. I think it was Lyles, blocked the inbound pass, but then instead of letting the ball go out of bounds, he tries to save it with his other hand. Unfortunately, he saved it into a Mizzou player.

Originally posted by UKGrad93:

Mizzou was inbounding the ball on their end of the court. I think it was Lyles, blocked the inbound pass, but then instead of letting the ball go out of bounds, he tries to save it with his other hand. Unfortunately, he saved it into a Mizzou player.
I remember thinking he should have just come down with the ball rather than tip it to someone else, but it's not like he had a lot of time to consider his options.

Originally posted by SilentsAreGolden:

Originally posted by SmyrnaCatFan:
You mean other than all the other threads not about Willis/Hawkins?
Yep.

I liked that Karl turned in his second career double-double, finishing with 12 points, 10 rebounds, and one sweet slow motion fist pump.

karl-fistpump.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT