ADVERTISEMENT

The NCAA finally converted to Cal's gospel and now Cal doesn't know what to preach anymore.

I'm always amazed at the amount of information and context thats being lost in our modern forms of communication - email, texts, message boards. I swear my wife and I think more couples have fights based around misreading the intent of texts than anything else. I say all of this to say that I can't see how anyone reading that would take that as me complaining. Nowhere in my post am I complaining.
He's top 5 dumbest on the board. You've already exceeded his word capacity with that paragraph. Leave him alone. He's special.

I'm always amazed at the amount of information and context thats being lost in our modern forms of communication - email, texts, message boards. I swear my wife and I think more couples have fights based around misreading the intent of texts than anything else. I say all of this to say that I can't see how anyone reading that would take that as me complaining. Nowhere in my post am I complaining.
Sorry. I replied to the wrong post. You are correct.

Reactions: EKYCard643
There's a lot to criticize Calipari on. This isn't it.

Kids can come to Kentucky and get huge NIL deals. Tyty and Sharpe have Porcsche's. Oscar is already getting 2 million next year and has really just gotten started. Jacob Toppin has NIL deals, Mintz, even Allen got some NIL money. I think if a kid says "How's the NIL situation," there's evidence you'll do well at Kentucky.

But the NCAA has warned about inducement to play payments. And promising a kid money before he's even there could be construed as just that.

You can be mad at Calipari over whatever you choose. But consider, this kid went to Creighton. He started off with a list of Duke, Kansas, Kentucky. Who else told him "We don't guarantee any money?" Why did this kid choose Creighton over Duke and Kansas? It's not because "I don't want to play the AJ Griffin role."

You're complaint is akin to faulting a gun rights activist who objects to murder. Calipari isn't complaining about NIL and players profiting from it. He's objecting to players demanding a bidding war for their presence. Schools aren't supposed to be a part of that. UK advises players on how to go about it., but the numbers are between the businesses and the players. It's not really a subtle distinction.
Well what did you think would happen? Some of you folks are amazingly loyal to Cal.

I can only repeat my points. You're calling a gun rights activist who objects to murder a hypocrite.

That tendency to level everything to a single point is called a reductionist argument. Me? I object to reductionist arguments.
Cal opined for this very thing, yet now you donā€™t like how it's working out. Go back to being whatever you do

The schools aren't supposed to participate. It's as simple as that.

Calling something insane -- even if you use all caps -- doesn't make it so.
Yeah right....I'm sure these kids care. Money talks in this world Cal wanted, funny how the highest paid coach in the country is against kids getting the max they can.

Seems hypocritical to me

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
Your analogy would be more appropriate if the employee went into the interview demanding a certain compensation package to even want to continue the interview. That is what Baylor S. and others are doing. To which Cal is not willing to participate in. Caving to that type of behavior creates the exact environment that occured in Miami with the Wong kid.

Come to UK, prove the fans your worth, and you will be compensated more than adequately. It's not a hard or novel concept.
Spare me. Cal wanted this for years. It's about these kids he would say over and over. Well guess what, these kids want paid. Deal with it.

ā€œMan dude, @Son_Of_Saul strikes again with an absolute spot on post. Cal sounds like a huge hypocrite right now. Especially after currently allowing Sharpe and his family/handlers to hold the program hostage. Like I said the other day, Cal canā€™t have it both ways. No doubt he will try, however.ā€

LOL. Only if you have a portable goalpost.
Cal gulper

There's a lot to criticize Calipari on. This isn't it.

Kids can come to Kentucky and get huge NIL deals. Tyty and Sharpe have Porcsche's. Oscar is already getting 2 million next year and has really just gotten started. Jacob Toppin has NIL deals, Mintz, even Allen got some NIL money. I think if a kid says "How's the NIL situation," there's evidence you'll do well at Kentucky.

But the NCAA has warned about inducement to play payments. And promising a kid money before he's even there could be construed as just that.

You can be mad at Calipari over whatever you choose. But consider, this kid went to Creighton. He started off with a list of Duke, Kansas, Kentucky. Who else told him "We don't guarantee any money?" Why did this kid choose Creighton over Duke and Kansas? It's not because "I don't want to play the AJ Griffin role."
Sorry, Cal whined and cried for this for years. You don't get to sound sanctimonious and righteous after it happens and you can't keep up.

• Haha
Reactions: JasonSpears
Sorry, Cal whined and cried for this for years. You don't get to sound sanctimonious and righteous after it happens and you can't keep up.
The National Player of the Year returned and got 2 million dollars immediately. How is that not keeping up?

Duke and Kansas are doing what weā€™re doing. Who are we NOT keeping up with? Creighton? Miami?

The Blue Bloods are taking note of the NCAA Warnings, and these other schools are making it the wild west.

Cal now prefers a niche or a gimmick over hard work, strategy and tactical maneuvers. Here he essentially had a hissy fit in public over losing his much needed advantage.
Exactly. His snake oil salesman routine has been found out. The elixir only sells if nobody else is selling one.

• Haha
Reactions: JasonSpears
Yeah right....I'm sure these kids care. Money talks in this world Cal wanted, funny how the highest paid coach in the country is against kids getting the max they can.

Seems hypocritical to me

You can ignore the difference between wanting kids to earn NIL money and deploring auctions, but the difference remains. They are different things. And Calipari didn't bring about NIL. The case went to the SCOTUS. The right to earn a living is the law of the land.

One would think/hope that Kentucky fans would want to avoid auctions. After all, we're a poor state and we'll lose to rich states. But if what you really want is to grind down Calipari, you get to have your cake and Calipari's too. Which illustrates the depressing reality of so much of today's landscape: hate is almost impossible to uproot. It seems to be an end in itself. Get that dopamine fix.

Reverend Calipari needs to work on his sermons.
Work on his sermons?? Well.. I always thought he was anointed and just led by the spirit to give him that utterance as needed to help lead these ppl to righteousness. Like as in the Father, the son (Brad) and the (worldWide Wes) Holy Goat, or horny ghost or something. Yeah the Holy Spirit!!!!! Thatā€™s it. Thatā€™s the one I was looking for. Naw, No Holy Spirit was ever around at that time I donā€™t believe l.? If it was it was probably taking up tithes and offerings working for Cal. Oh Cal!! Man man man he so full of shit.

The National Player of the Year returned and got 2 million dollars immediately. How is that not keeping up?

Duke and Kansas are doing what weā€™re doing. Who are we NOT keeping up with? Creighton? Miami?

The Blue Bloods are taking note of the NCAA Warnings, and these other schools are making it the wild west.
You think Oscar returned because he loves Cal and UK that much? Wake up dude. If he had been told he was a lottery pick...he gone.

UK made sure he was getting something. Guaranted.

Cal and UK havenā€™t been keeping for a while. Self just doubled Cal in titles. Dook is getting any one and everyone they want, including Cal assistants.

Other SEC svhools are killing recruiting and the transfer portal while Cal is petting his dogs. You better wake up to what's happening.

The NCAA didn't' have spit to do with NIL. They resisted it. Get your facts straight.

The case -- The National Collegiate Athletic Association vs. Alston -- was decided by the SCOTUS.

If your reason for the current 15 minutes of hate is the opposite of what you imagine, what happens to your hate? If the past is relevant, the rationale will change and the hate will rage on.

Not at all. Oscar played here for a year and earned his money. Hell, he played for a year without earning much of anything while watching his teammates make it and he still showed out every game, becoming the NPOY.

Oscar connected with the Fans and this program better than any player we have had in recent memory. He gave countless free autographs, public appearances and speeches. Never asking for anything in return.

He did all of this knowing his family is living in dire conditions in a 3rd world country he desperately want to save them from. His own mother has never even had the privilege of seeing her NPOY son play basketball.

Oscar could have gone pro and gotten paid, maybe gone to another school and gotten paid illegally. Instead, he played his heart out for UK and gave his all to this fanbase, never asking for or expecting more.

If you honestly can't see the differences, I have to wonder if you rode the short bus as a child?
Hell yeah I rode that sumbitch! I love the camaraderie on the shorter bus. I always feel safe and wear my helmet every time I get on that bus. One time I even got to drive it. Actually twice . I got it in a hit a run by accident. They said it was my fault! Like I didnā€™t hit the bureaus and little red stop signs and lights come out all over the place so everybody shouldā€™ve known to stop. I even got expended from school over it.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ā€œMan dude, @Son_Of_Saul strikes again with an absolute spot on post. Cal sounds like a huge hypocrite right now. Especially after currently allowing Sharpe and his family/handlers to hold the program hostage. Like I said the other day, Cal canā€™t have it both ways. No doubt he will try, however.ā€

LOL. Only if you have a portable goalpost.
Surely youā€™re referencing Calipari here and not @Son_Of_Saul or myself. Only person moving goalposts here is Calipari himself. This speaks to literally everything heā€™s spoken for for the past 10+ years. The mental gymnastics ITT to defend everything Calipari is quite incredible.

You can ignore the difference between wanting kids to earn NIL money and deploring auctions, but the difference remains. They are different things. And Calipari didn't bring about NIL. The case went to the SCOTUS. The right to earn a living is the law of the land.

One would think/hope that Kentucky fans would want to avoid auctions. After all, we're a poor state and we'll lose to rich states. But if what you really want is to grind down Calipari, you get to have your cake and Calipari's too. Which illustrates the depressing reality of so much of today's landscape: hate is almost impossible to uproot. It seems to be an end in itself. Get that dopamine fix.
Just spin by you. Cal used thst talk when it benefited him, now that othets are using it, he's crying foul. Sounds desperate and lost.

I ain't the one who said all those things,Cal did. His owwn words. Deal with it.

Just spin by you. Cal used thst talk when it benefited him, now that othets are using it, he's crying foul. Sounds desperate and lost.

I ain't the one who said all those things,Cal did. His owwn words. Deal with it.

Pro-auction? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

You think Oscar returned because he loves Cal and UK that much? Wake up dude. If he had been told he was a lottery pick...he gone.

UK made sure he was getting something. Guaranted.

Cal and UK havenā€™t been keeping for a while. Self just doubled Cal in titles. Dook is getting any one and everyone they want, including Cal assistants.

Other SEC svhools are killing recruiting and the transfer portal while Cal is petting his dogs. You better wake up to what's happening.
No. I acknowledge NIL money plays a role.

If youā€™re HERE, Kentucky can put you into contact with opportunities.

Kentucky wonā€™t lure new players here with promises of money.

No. I acknowledge NIL money plays a role.

If youā€™re HERE, Kentucky can put you into contact with opportunities.

Kentucky wonā€™t lure new players here with promises of money.
Welp, they better re-evaluate that then....Cal wantedthe game to evolve and change to help these kids....here it is....just what he asked for....now what?

Welp, they better re-evaluate that then....Cal wantedthe game to evolve and change to help these kids....here it is....just what he asked for....now what?
And he's helping these kids. The ones that are here. He won't help you before you're here. He won't promise you anything. But once you're here, he's helping you. A lot of work was done for Oscar to get NIL $. Cal spoke before the state legislature to make sure these kids could get NIL in our state. Kentucky will be one of the schools with the most NIL opportunities for basketball.

But we will never make promises of money to kids. That doesn't mean Cal isn't helping the kids. That's a ridiculous take.

And he's helping these kids. The ones that are here. He won't help you before you're here. He won't promise you anything. But once you're here, he's helping you. A lot of work was done for Oscar to get NIL $. Cal spoke before the state legislature to make sure these kids could get NIL in our state. Kentucky will be one of the schools with the most NIL opportunities for basketball.

But we will never make promises of money to kids. That doesn't mean Cal isn't helping the kids. That's a ridiculous take.
Keep living in that world

I really don't think Cal is here two years from now. I think he will bounce for the NBA.
The game has changed.

How did he help Sharpe? By shielding him from gameplay scrutiny?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT