ADVERTISEMENT

The most underated player to play at Kentucky...

roger Harden is so underrated he hasn't been mentioned yet.

3rd most assists in a season and career.

Reactions: c1doc
Charles Hurt, RIP.
910000Hurt%20%282%29

Former UK basketball player Charles Hurt dies at age 55.
from the article:
“But the main thing is, Charlie was always a gentleman,” Givens said. “He played the game the way it was supposed to be played. He played hard. No one outworked Charlie Hurt.

“He wasn’t the most talented player, especially on offense,” Givens added. “But boy, I tell you, he made up for it going up for rebounds. He got his points the old-fashioned way, he earned them, by getting offensive rebounds and dunking on people. Charlie was a super guy, and it was good to have known him.”

bigbluehistory.net on Charles Hurt

OT: How about that uniform?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigblueincincy
Anthony Epps individually. Pretty much the entire 98 team (Padgett, Sheppard, Mills, Turner, Edwards, etc) always gets shorted the credit it deserves.

Larry Steele. Not an elite recruit and overshadowed during his UK career by the Issel/Pratt/Casey triumvirate; drafted a lowly #37 by the Portland Trail Blazers in the NBA. On the other hand, one of the greatest defensive players in UK history; led the NBA in steals; won an NBA championship and his number was retired by the Blazers after a stellar nine-year career cut short by injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKvisitor
Teague. He played great in the tournament. Cal reminds us that Davis and gilchrist shot the 4th and 5th most shots cause they played as a team. That started with Teague

Allen Edwards gets my vote.

I think you may be on to something with this. People forget how he stepped up when DA went down and that it was him being out in that championship that forced the line up shift that put Epps at the 2 and put Turner into the starting line up.

He was a solid double figure scorer, a good passer, rebounded well, solid handle, and played in your pants defense.

He was that guy that allowed us to still be overwhelming even without Anderson and to bringing that fresh and hungry Turner out to harass your backups or wearing down starters to the point of crushing frustration.

He was how we kept fresh legs and solid to advantageous match ups for Mercer and Epps at all times.

I used to answer my man Anthony Epps but with time people have come around quote a bit but Edwards it seems many don't even recall much less give any credit to when he actually was really important and the end our undoing when he couldn't really go.

People still cry about DA but no way we don't bring home the hardware at full strength as defined after he went down. Edwards made that much of a difference at minimum.
It is like people never even consider why Epps was playing so much 2 in that game other than to chalk it to Anderson betting hurt like 17 games prior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT