ADVERTISEMENT

The Link to UK's NIL Exchange

YaketySax

Senior
Jun 28, 2018
Here's how you as a business or individual can support your program:

Takes 30 seconds to apply. After you apply you'll receive this email:

"Thank you for registering for the BBNIL exchange! You will receive another email after your request to join has been granted, and then you’ll be able to connect with this school’s student-athletes, send messages, propose Name, Image, Likeness (NIL) agreements, and send payments! While you’re waiting, please ensure you’ve reviewed the school and/or state policies for Name, Image, and Likeness found here."

The FAQs from the link above

FAQs:

What is Name, Image & Likeness?

As of July 1, 2021, student-athletes competing in NCAA intercollegiate athletics are permitted to receive compensation for the use of their name, image or likeness (NIL) for commercial activities, including endorsements through traditional and social media, appearances, entrepreneurial activities, in-kind deals, autographs and more, in accordance with NCAA guidelines and University of Kentucky NIL protocols.

Does the state of Kentucky have an NIL Policy?

Yes, linked here.

Can a University employee or coach help arrange a deal for an athlete?

No. University employees, including coaches and members of the athletics department, CANNOT negotiate deals or contracts. However, they can direct student-athletes to NIL-related opportunities on the "BBNIL Exchange"

Does the school or INFLCR take any revenue from NIL transactions in the Local Exchange?

No

Do you have to be an official university licensee to register?

No, but businesses will not be permitted to use university marks without securing a license. To secure a license for a photo or video, please visit ukathletics.com/nil and select “Catapault Licensing.” If you want to secure permission to use UK marks on merchandise or apparel, please visit ukathletics.com/nil and select “Fanatics Licensing Management.” For additional questions on licensing and use of marks, please email Nathan Schwake at Nathan.schwake@uky.edu.

Who approves your request to register?

Typically, compliance officers designated by the institution. If you have any questions about your approval, contact the compliance office at compliance@uky.edu.

How will I know when I am approved?

You should receive an email from the institution verifying your approval. We don’t have specific numbers for how long it will take to get verified. Each institution works differently.

When can I start contacting athletes and processing payments?

After being approved by the school, you will be able to contact athletes and process payments.

Hopefully you have to be a business or have some kind of verification to be approved. If they just let any Tom, Dick and Harry from this board send messages to players, it's going to be a horror show.

Reactions: Popquiz81
This should be set up as a large collective fund for the basketball and football team. Nickle and dimeing individual players will never be enough imo. These players don't wanna spend all their time mailing out 5 dollar signed pictures to Billy Bob in Turkeyfoot Ky.

This should be set up as a large collective fund for the basketball and football team. Nickle and dimeing individual players will never be enough imo. These players don't wanna spend all their time mailing out 5 dollar signed pictures to Billy Bob in Turkeyfoot Ky.
I think the terms can be whatever you want them to be. Do more than one player or not with whatever terms a booster or business wants them to be. (Examples: year long promotion paid all at once, promotion paid via weekly stipend for six month, or $5 for a signed picture)

This is the gateway to get involved for whatever any person or booster wants. BBN needs to get creative and stop waiting for someone to tell them how to use it. Easier to blame a scapegoat than getting involved. (Not saying this is you by the way just get that vibe from others)

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from this? I signed up last Tuesday and have not heard anything

Here is a link to Bkue Chips, A UK collective that you can donate directly to.

Here is a link to Bkue Chips, A UK collective that you can donate directly to.

That reads like NFTs…? What does that have to do with donations going directly to athletes? Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t see it (yet).

Reactions: cat_in_the_hat
That reads like NFTs…? What does that have to do with donations going directly to athletes? Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t see it (yet).
Never mind I found it in the FAQ. So specifically what percentage do the athletes see? Id appreciate more transparency.

I’d like them to get at least 90% of my donations assuming there’s always some overhead.

Yes. Part of our mission is to provide a passive income stream for Kentucky Athletes. First, participating athletes receive a percentage of all primary sales. Second, these athletes will also receive perpetual royalties for transactions on the secondary Marketplace on any collectibles that includes their name, image and likeness. In addition, we will work with select athletes on brand building and content creation as part of our Mercury Media efforts - you’ll see examples of this soon with monthly podcasts and social chats with some of the biggest stars on campus.

Never mind I found it in the FAQ. So specifically what percentage do the athletes see? Id appreciate more transparency.

I’d like them to get at least 90% of my donations assuming there’s always some overhead.

Yes. Part of our mission is to provide a passive income stream for Kentucky Athletes. First, participating athletes receive a percentage of all primary sales. Second, these athletes will also receive perpetual royalties for transactions on the secondary Marketplace on any collectibles that includes their name, image and likeness. In addition, we will work with select athletes on brand building and content creation as part of our Mercury Media efforts - you’ll see examples of this soon with monthly podcasts and social chats with some of the biggest stars on campus.
The 15 is a collective for business to business deals.

Looks pretty easy. Stop complaining about Mitch and put your money where your mouth is.

How can anyone collect money for royalties for secondary transactions? Unless they have a specific definition for secondary transactions that differs from the normal definition, I don't see how this is possible

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT