ADVERTISEMENT

The Kentucky Wildcats are 2-6 in its last eight postseason games and 57-36 over the last three seasons.

How long will there be facts that make it ok for us not beating top 25 teams or having actual post season success?
You really don’t have to be concerned if you just want to whine and throw rocks. Just sling your crap and you’ll feel better. And nobody that matters gives a damn.

However, if you want to try and understand when or if the school is going to make changes, you gotta look at everything.

I think it’s officially time to say we’re in major trouble for the upcoming season.

It’s not been good but with only 7 scholly players and heavy rumors that Reeves and Oscar are gone, I’m not hitting the panic button just yet, but the glass case has been raised and my finger is hovering.

Maybe we hear good news in the coming weeks. But I don’t feel great about it.
I'm getting very, very nervous. I've been pretty down these last couple of years but at least holding out hope that with an elite freshman class and some returning guys Cal might be able to recapture the magic... but we've got no returning guys and we're getting no portal guys and we might be the youngest, thinnest team we've ever had. We're seriously sitting on SEVEN players, 5 freshmen and two sophomores who got no clock.

You really don’t have to be concerned if you just want to whine and throw rocks. Just sling your crap and you’ll feel better. And nobody that matters gives a damn.

However, if you want to try and understand when or if the school is going to make changes, you gotta look at everything.
I’m pretty sure I am concerned. Quite a bit. I’m not whining, I asked you a legitimate question. Im not just talking about you and your opinion, I’m generalizing, asking how long will it be ok that we are not winning because there are “facts” that make it ok. How many seasons can we give it? It’s been a few already, and the future isn’t looking good. I’m wondering if we can just stay on this path for, say, another 3 before it’s enough; regardless of the mitigating circumstance. At some point you have to look at the one calling the shots, right?

I’m pretty sure I am concerned. Quite a bit. I’m not whining, I asked you a legitimate question. Im not just talking about you and your opinion, I’m generalizing, asking how long will it be ok that we are not winning because there are “facts” that make it ok. How many seasons can we give it? It’s been a few already, and the future isn’t looking good. I’m wondering if we can just stay on this path for, say, another 3 before it’s enough; regardless of the mitigating circumstance. At some point you have to look at the one calling the shots, right?
Who is the one calling the shots? I know, you want to point a finger at the coach. So, fine, let’s do that. Who can point that finger? Barnhart and the Uni Pres. how do you point a finger? Hold up the contract Is there material breach? Not that I can see. Is there a buyout? Yup. Big one. In excess of 40 mill. Then you have to buy a new coach. And you have to resupply a new roster. To total finger pointing cost… upwards of 50 million and maybe more. Ouch. Next question you have to ask is are things really that bad that you expend that incredibly massive amount of funds.

Now here is your problem. They will not come to rafters to assess the programs health. They will review that in an exhaustive manner. Exhaustive doesn’t mean playing the same stat 50 different ways. I can tell you this. Program is not in great shape, but it’s not that bad, all things considered.

So what’s the answer? 6 years would be my best guess. That’s what one of the three biggest players said. Who knows for sure? This is kinda like whether Oscar is going to return. Folks looking at Cal and no way he knows. Only Oscar knows. Want to know what the decision criteria is for a new coach? Rafters sure as hell doesn’t know. Ask Barnhart, the Pres and Cal. Only they know.

OYnanzG.jpg

I never seen that many bones in a neck. But ok.

Excuses are facts that don’t support your story line. Using your terminology, the people that make decisions use all available excuses, not just facts from a group of hateful people.
Every team encountered the China Virus and injuries etc, it wasn’t a UK specific situation. You actually proved a point other coaches overcome and adjust where CaL CaNt CoAcH.

Who is the one calling the shots? I know, you want to point a finger at the coach. So, fine, let’s do that. Who can point that finger? Barnhart and the Uni Pres. how do you point a finger? Hold up the contract Is there material breach? Not that I can see. Is there a buyout? Yup. Big one. In excess of 40 mill. Then you have to buy a new coach. And you have to resupply a new roster. To total finger pointing cost… upwards of 50 million and maybe more. Ouch. Next question you have to ask is are things really that bad that you expend that incredibly massive amount of funds.

Now here is your problem. They will not come to rafters to assess the programs health. They will review that in an exhaustive manner. Exhaustive doesn’t mean playing the same stat 50 different ways. I can tell you this. Program is not in great shape, but it’s not that bad, all things considered.

So what’s the answer? 6 years would be my best guess. That’s what one of the three biggest players said. Who knows for sure? This is kinda like whether Oscar is going to return. Folks looking at Cal and no way he knows. Only Oscar knows. Want to know what the decision criteria is for a new coach? Rafters sure as hell doesn’t know. Ask Barnhart, the Pres and Cal. Only they know.
The buyout amount is never what is paid out tho. You think Cal won’t negotiate to make it sound mutual vs UK taking an official stance of “you suck your fired” and protect his legacy?

Lost me when he said Oscar is one of the best ever to wear the uniform. Not even in the top 20 in the Cal era, let alone in the whole history of the program.
Agree, super nice guy but is slow, small for his position and has a limited game

Reactions: NociHTTP
Every team encountered the China Virus and injuries etc, it wasn’t a UK specific situation. You actually proved a point other coaches overcome and adjust where CaL CaNt CoAcH.

Yes, a casual look at that aspect of that year might lead you to that false conclusion. However, many young teams suffered that year. I saw some footage of UK practices and there was a lot of individual station drills. I suppose it depends on what your goals were for that year if you were a young team. UK's appeared to have been avoid the virus. So, they avoided the virus.

If your goal is to demonize the coach, then by all means, just consider facts that do that and disregard the rest as "excuses". If your goal is to understand what actually happened, Then you have to consider the big picture. Thet people that are responsible for the school and program look at the big picture. Sorry.

The buyout amount is never what is paid out tho. You think Cal won’t negotiate to make it sound mutual vs UK taking an official stance of “you suck your fired” and protect his legacy?
When was the last time you barfed up a million bucks? He has no reason to negotiate. I don't think he even feels pressure to from his management. The wailing, screeching histrionics by a portion of the fanbase seems to only serve as comic relief. Further, his legacy is set for those that would matter to him. Just what is it exactly you think he would be protecting beyond that.

Agree, super nice guy but is slow, small for his position and has a limited game
And the best rebounder to put on a UK uniform. Ever. Scored a ton of points. Facts suck. The guy is a national POY. 2 time All American. Highly decorated player. Any team America would be happy to have this man play for them.

Yes, a casual look at that aspect of that year might lead you to that false conclusion. However, many young teams suffered that year. I saw some footage of UK practices and there was a lot of individual station drills. I suppose it depends on what your goals were for that year if you were a young team. UK's appeared to have been avoid the virus. So, they avoided the virus.

If your goal is to demonize the coach, then by all means, just consider facts that do that and disregard the rest as "excuses". If your goal is to understand what actually happened, Then you have to consider the big picture. Thet people that are responsible for the school and program look at the big picture. Sorry.
Or the goal could be play ball like every other school.

When was the last time you barfed up a million bucks? He has no reason to negotiate. I don't think he even feels pressure to from his management. The wailing, screeching histrionics by a portion of the fanbase seems to only serve as comic relief. Further, his legacy is set for those that would matter to him. Just what is it exactly you think he would be protecting beyond that.
Ok I can’t talk if you can’t comprehend.

Ok I can’t talk if you can’t comprehend.
Well, you got the first few words right. That word, comprehend. Just as info, that does not mean that someone would look at the same information as you and misinterpret it the same way you did. Just sayin.

And the best rebounder to put on a UK uniform. Ever. Scored a ton of points. Facts suck. The guy is a national POY. 2 time All American. Highly decorated player. Any team America would be happy to have this man play for them.
Gave up a lot of points. Not very receptive to teaching at UK, had the same issue at WVU. Terrible defender. Valid points on both sides.

So his rebounding records are basically worthless?
No, was the only redeeming quality he had on the floor. But that stat alone does not place him as one of the best to ever lace it up for UK. Would you pick him over AD, Cousins, Towns, Bam, Randle, MKG, Noel? I would still take WCS and Poythres over him. He did o e thing really well, and was good at a few others and general was way below avg on most everything else. You can't place him in a Rodman role, because Rodman could actually defend and pass the ball.

Yes Oscar was poor on defense. But the entire team was poor on defense lol. The guards couldn't keep anyone in front of them and it constantly put Oscar into bad situations on defense.

I think the rebounding and the effect it had on our offense is vastly underrated here. I also think people are flagging Oscar's weaknesses but ignoring the fact that everyone has weaknesses.

We are a better team with him than without.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Yes Oscar was poor on defense. But the entire team was poor on defense lol. The guards couldn't keep anyone in front of them and it constantly put Oscar into bad situations on defense.

I think the rebounding and the effect it had on our offense is vastly underrated here. I also think people are flagging Oscar's weaknesses but ignoring the fact that everyone has weaknesses.

We are a better team with him than without.
I don't get people dumping on Oscar.He was the only one who showed up in our last 3 postseason games.The guards were the ones who fell apart.

The players were recruited and ultimately coached by Calipari. It all rest on him defensively and offensively and we have been bad on both in recent years so, it all goes back to Calipari not living up to the standards as what was the original point of the thread. I agree with one poster earlier who posted that he was nervous for the upcoming season given our recent problems since we have no experience returning and have not used the portal to fill that void.

Also, agree with another who posted that this season will probably be the make or break for UK leadership to make a move on whether he stays or goes.

Given the fact that if Oscar gets into foul trouble we were running out Lance Ware, I'd imagine that at some point Cal told Oscar you need to stay on the court. I think it's a reasonable assumption lol

Reactions: kybassfan
How long will there be facts that make it ok for us not beating top 25 teams or having actual post season success?
We had 4 wins against the Top 25 last year, correct? So what do you mean not beating Top 25 teams?

For the love of it, I have no idea why he hasn't put a better staff together, specifically in regards to Bruiser and Barbee over the years. I understand loyalty and certainly not wanting to bring in a coach that could bring about violations, but my goodness what a terrible staff.

Everyone wants to complain about roster management and roster depth. Give me the focus on Cal building an elite coaching staff first and foremost

Given the fact that if Oscar gets into foul trouble we were running out Lance Ware, I'd imagine that at some point Cal told Oscar you need to stay on the court. I think it's a reasonable assumption lol
No, you have to have a quote, in triplicate and sworn affidavits apparently to prove the foul rules applied to Oscar

• Haha
Reactions: The_Answer1313
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT