ADVERTISEMENT

The Jaylen Brown Adidas thing?

Originally posted by UKCATSFREAK:

Originally posted by jameslee32:
When Oregon becomes an Under Armour school, you know anything's possible.

Yet Brown only has 3 Adidas schools on his list of 8.
?

Is that supposed to be a "you'll know anything is possible"?

Or did I miss something?
It happened in the past, 4/1/15 of all dates.

When Oregon becomes an Under Armour school, you know anything's possible.

Yet Brown only has 3 Adidas schools on his list of 8.
?

Is that supposed to be a "you'll know anything is possible"?

Or did I miss something?
It happened in the past, 4/1/15 of all dates.
http://www.opb.org/news/blog/newsblog/news-blog-dont-be-fooled-by-april-fools-day/[/URL]

Originally posted by GermantownDawg:
Grumpy, by all accounts, Jaylen is a fine young man. I don't think the entitled label fits him at all. Whoever lands him will get a true team player with fantastic talent. I think he ends up at either UCLA or Michigan, personally.
Dawg......First off, I want to say that I've always enjoyed your post. Very insightful and passionate for your team all while being respectful to our team and our fans. (And we both know how hard that can be sometimes on this board. Lol) You bring intelligent post to our board and I for one appreciate that because there are very few from other fan bases that are here for anything but trouble.

So, on to my reason for this post, just have a quick question and I thought since you live down near Brown that you may have some valuable insight that others up here would not. You said you think he ends up at UCLA or Michigan. Do you think that is solely because of the Adidas connection with him? We've all heard about him and Adidss (as with this thread) but you here a lot about kids connections with shoe companies in recruiting with some playing out but most do not. Or at least most do not appear to be the sole reason that the player picks that school. It really seems like an easy choice for Brown and UK with everything available to him at UK this year but yet it doesn't seem to matter. If there were ever a year when players should be jumping at UK it would be this year but its just not happening. I know a lot of variables play into a make up of a class but with Brown, does Adidas really have that much of a grip on him that he will not attend a non Adidas school?If so, I wish we or he would just move on and be honest and allow each parties to move forward. Maybe they have though too, who knows. Interested in your thoughts! Thanks!
I think it's possible he ends up at a non-Adidas school as there are more non-Adidas schools than there are Adidas schools in his top 8, but I think there is a better chance that he ends up at an Adidas school. I do think the shoe connection is a very big deal even though we may not like to think that it is. Think about the pressure those companies are putting on these young kids. Adidas is trying to gain a foothold in the NBA market with guys like John Wall, but they don't have much of the market-share right now. They're targeting young and therefore you'll begin to see kids go places that used to not make as much sense. That's my belief, anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT