ADVERTISEMENT

The good news is

Neue Regel

Senior
Mar 13, 2003
Duke Fan
Duke won't see another team as talented as Kentucky's until the NCAA's. Briscoe and Murray are Fun to watch and Ullis was in control out there. Congrats on the W, Cats look really strong. I'll look forward to watching the Cats play this season. Looks like they'll be a fun squad to watch play.

As for Duke, I think K has to hand the rock to Thornton (who I thought had a pretty decent game tonight) and let him have his growing pains and learn and he needs to find Kennard minutes. I can't fully judge Duke as of yet given the wild spectrum of opponents the first three games. (Two creme puffs and then the #2 team in the country.) we'll see how they fare in the next few weeks.

Good game OP - thanks for the props. Y'all have the same problem we've had in the past - a very young team. They'll get there. See you in March?

Thornton did have a good game. I'd agree he's going to have to be your man.

Good game Duke fan. Still annoyed we did not get the national title game matchup the whole world deserved last year, but just nice to beat you guys for once in a while anyways. Of course this was the first time the two teams have been close to even in talent (when they played) since the 98 game.

Ulis.

And I said the same thing during the game...Duke will go as far as Thornton will take them. Without the emphasis on hand checking, this game could have been brutal for you guys.

Reactions: brianpoe
Classy post, neue.

As others have said, when you have teams as young as both of ours, you never know what you are going to get on any given night.

Sure glad we showed up like we did tonight. Hoping for a similar outcome should we meet again down the road. [winking]

Classy post, NR, and thanks for the props. You'll still see some tough teams in the ACC including the supposed #1. Both UK and Duke will be very different teams come March and maybe we'll see ya in a rematch.

Allen has one move and therefor one dimensional , it would be better to log most of his time at sg and let Thornton be the primary pg . He has a mid range game that Allen doesn't possess , meaning he is better at driving and stopping for an effective pull up . Allen is going to shoot a three or drive right for a layup attempt .

God game man.
Jesus-Thumbs-Up.jpg

Duke won't see another team as talented as Kentucky's until the NCAA's. Briscoe and Murray are Fun to watch and Ullis was in control out there. Congrats on the W, Cats look really strong. I'll look forward to watching the Cats play this season. Looks like they'll be a fun squad to watch play.

As for Duke, I think K has to hand the rock to Thornton (who I thought had a pretty decent game tonight) and let him have his growing pains and learn and he needs to find Kennard minutes. I can't fully judge Duke as of yet given the wild spectrum of opponents the first three games. (Two creme puffs and then the #2 team in the country.) we'll see how they fare in the next few weeks.
WHAT??? Doesn't Duke play DUH'Ville (Louisville)? Just ask any of those knuckleheads...their team is LOADED with NBA talent!!

Anyway, thanks for the comments NR.

Reactions: Bluest Member
You guys better tell those Plumlees to start breeding ,about to run out of them unless some of the older ones have kids old enough now,short of Plumlee the rebounding and defense around the rim might be tough for Dook

Reactions: *CatinIL*
I think that Duke's season is going to depend on them getting a Jorts-like performance out of Plumblee (or whatever the hell his name is). They have no plan b for him and he was sucking wind at the end of the first half.

Even though Duke was more physical early, it was clear we were quicker at every position. Once Lee and Poy started fighting back, the only chance Duke had was to shoot lights out. Think that's the only way they could beat us in a rematch.

The best duke fan there is on the Internet.
Not just saying this because we won.

Reactions: uky8unc5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT