ADVERTISEMENT

THE FRAUD!!

0-D162-EDE-681-E-4-E3-C-8-FF0-AD157-F731-F62.jpg

One number we should all remember. John Calipari has made,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$27,000,000.00 since he last won an NCAA Tournment game. $27,000,000.00 UNBELIEVABLE!!!
You wrote the check? I never heard anyone bitch that could actually demonstrate they really paid a nickel beyond the $400k the state pays. In the case of that money it seems they actsully paid about a nickel. It’s funny when you see this righteous indignation over a nickel.

Reactions: Deli owl
Kybassfan,

I’m not sure of your point. Athletics department pays 57m or so in salaries and Cal is 9 of that. Yes that is all athletics dept revenue and not “state” money. But it’s still 9m of the total 155m budget. That’s huge. It demands results. Seems like you point is lost trying to prove it isn’t “tax payer” money. Who cares? It’s 9m from athletics budget. Holy shit. Pay it fine, but you better deliver.

Kybassfan,

I’m not sure of your point. Athletics department pays 57m or so in salaries and Cal is 9 of that. Yes that is all athletics dept revenue and not “state” money. But it’s still 9m of the total 155m budget. That’s huge. It demands results. Seems like you point is lost trying to prove it isn’t “tax payer” money. Who cares? It’s 9m from athletics budget. Holy shit. Pay it fine, but you better deliver.
Which comes from shoe contracts, corp donations, etc. not public funding. For this he is bound to fulfill his contract. To my knowledge and those around me he has never been in breach of that contract in any substantive or actionable way. The title of the thread is “The Fraud“. In fact there is no fraud. This is just another example of the hyperbole and downright slander employed by haters of the KY Basketball Program and the individual they retain as coach. This is a disgraceful display of mob or vigilante mentality.

That is my point.

Reactions: Demondog and awf
You wrote the check? I never heard anyone bitch that could actually demonstrate they really paid a nickel beyond the $400k the state pays. In the case of that money it seems they actsully paid about a nickel. It’s funny when you see this righteous indignation over a nickel.
Hey idiot, you understand nothing about finances. Someone pays you simple fool.

Hey idiot, you understand nothing about finances. Someone pays you simple fool.
Actually, not any more. I don’t really need It. For a simple fool, my finances are in pretty good shape.

As far as Cali’s pay, your statement suggests your horizons of understanding are rather….limited.

Despite missing your mark twice in one sentence, I’m sure your financial wizardry would amaze us all.

Stupid take!
You don’t turn and run when things get bad! You dig your heels in and fight!

Not really a bad take. There are other options.

If I pay top dollar for a bottle of red wine, and I don’t really like it, I don’t bitch about it and try to get the winemaker to change the product. I just don’t buy that product any more. I buy something else. And the OP can do the same. He’s clearly upset that his time and money goes to a team and coach that he’s dissatisfied with. He should spend his time and money on any of the other 356 Division I college basketball teams. Easy fix!

Well not really. Most of it comes from fans buying tickets, fans paying k fund donations and SeC money. All of those streams require rabid fans. So I don’t want him gone. But to argue that 9m is no skin off anyones back is denial. It’s absolutely made possible by fans. And yes there is shoe money but that also depends on rabid fans. So successful campaigns are what makes it all possible regardless of the revenue source.

Reactions: CB3UK
Boy, the Cal lovers on this board are thick.

They’re really not fans of UK, mostly. Some really strange sock accounts are most definitely moles of some kind designed to keep an appearance on social media that many people see Calipari favorably.

People aren’t stupid. Nobody that’s a fan of UK is going to go around on message boards, Twitter, Facebook etc to slam anyone questioning Calipari while gaslighting the same propaganda over and over if they’re UK fans and he’s losing. Someone might not care for slamming him but real UK fans who are C3 guys are very quiet right now. If you’re overly vocal right now in defense of Calipari you’re probably a CalBot.

To some this just doesn’t make sense, unless you understand that it’s been believed at both New Jersey and Memphis these same strange incidents would happen. I personally know of a grad assistant at Memphis who’s job was supposedly to scour social media in order to gather information, which at that time as we know, social media wasn’t what it was today.

It was so unquestionable (to the point of common knowledge) that no one, even Memphis beat writers, really questioned the validity in 2009. People laugh at this and that’s fine. I don’t care to change the mind of anyone that clearly has no idea. But this is widely believed. And now here we are in 2022 where social media is much larger and more persuasive but suddenly C3 doesn’t care what any of them think.

These sock accounts are telling if you pay attention. Personally it’s creepy as hell to me. I’m ready to get on with UK basketball and be finished with the CalBots and Calipari. He’s best suited now for a program in a major city like the Atlantic 10 provides. You can do this kind of thing there and they’ll love him. C3 isn’t terrible, it’s just that his system is just not suited for the level Kentucky requires. Imagine Calipari doing what he’s doing at DePaul with Chicago to recruit from. He’d have a statue built.

Actually, not any more. I don’t really need It. For a simple fool, my finances are in pretty good shape.

As far as Cali’s pay, your statement suggests your horizons of understanding are rather….limited.

Despite missing your mark twice in one sentence, I’m sure your financial wizardry would amaze us all.
Hey Bass ... How many nickels in a quarter? Take your time ... just trying to establish a baseline here.

Haha love these threads and how much it triggers people the amount of money he makes.

They’re really not fans of UK, mostly. Some really strange sock accounts are most definitely moles of some kind designed to keep an appearance on social media that many people see Calipari favorably.

People aren’t stupid. Nobody that’s a fan of UK is going to go around on message boards, Twitter, Facebook etc to slam anyone questioning Calipari while gaslighting the same propaganda over and over if they’re UK fans and he’s losing. Someone might not care for slamming him but real UK fans who are C3 guys are very quiet right now. If you’re overly vocal right now in defense of Calipari you’re probably a CalBot.

To some this just doesn’t make sense, unless you understand that it’s been believed at both New Jersey and Memphis these same strange incidents would happen. I personally know of a grad assistant at Memphis who’s job was supposedly to scour social media in order to gather information, which at that time as we know, social media wasn’t what it was today.

It was so unquestionable (to the point of common knowledge) that no one, even Memphis beat writers, really questioned the validity in 2009. People laugh at this and that’s fine. I don’t care to change the mind of anyone that clearly has no idea. But this is widely believed. And now here we are in 2022 where social media is much larger and more persuasive but suddenly C3 doesn’t care what any of them think.

These sock accounts are telling if you pay attention. Personally it’s creepy as hell to me. I’m ready to get on with UK basketball and be finished with the CalBots and Calipari. He’s best suited now for a program in a major city like the Atlantic 10 provides. You can do this kind of thing there and they’ll love him. C3 isn’t terrible, it’s just that his system is just not suited for the level Kentucky requires. Imagine Calipari doing what he’s doing at DePaul with Chicago to recruit from. He’d have a statue built.

Is there any doubt that @Ed323232 is Cal’s daughter? I mean it’s easy to see; unrelenting defense of C3, very effeminate posting style, obsessed with Trump (mentions in multiple threads), triggered by the mere mention of any conservative value or ideal, and quick to categorize anyone on the board that is openly critical of C3 as an uneducated redneck hillbilly hick (of which it’s obvious she has incredible disdain for).

Is there any doubt that @Ed323232 is Cal’s daughter? I mean it’s easy to see; unrelenting defense of C3, very effeminate posting style, obsessed with Trump (mentions in multiple threads), triggered by the mere mention of any conservative value or ideal, and quick to categorize anyone on the board that is openly critical of C3 as an uneducated redneck hillbilly hick (of which it’s obvious she has incredible disdain for).
I registered in 2004 Sherlock.

I think it’s more than likely at least one of these accounts we’re talking about is Cal’s daughter. She has always been one of the most thin skinned people on earth and, well I’ll leave further alone. . About as nice as I can say it.

No real UK fan would be here during this time attacking social media posters with the same gaslighting routine. Real UK fans, even if C3 fans, are too down right now to do that. Who would do it? Someone instructed to or someone that knows him personally. You can sense the personal nature to the entire conversation with one of these. I don’t know why these mods are allowing them to continue to do it.

This s the way to go. Print posters with his pic and this fact and put them out. Put it on social media. This will start people thinking.
One number we should all remember. John Calipari has made,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$27,000,000.00 since he last won an NCAA Tournment game. $27,000,000.00 UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Well not really. Most of it comes from fans buying tickets, fans paying k fund donations and SeC money. All of those streams require rabid fans. So I don’t want him gone. But to argue that 9m is no skin off anyones back is denial. It’s absolutely made possible by fans. And yes there is shoe money but that also depends on rabid fans. So successful campaigns are what makes it all possible regardless of the revenue source.
They are not getting what they are paying for. Lot of people are loosing bg

I think it’s more than likely at least one of these accounts we’re talking about is Cal’s daughter. She has always been one of the most thin skinned people on earth and, well I’ll leave further alone. . About as nice as I can say it.

No real UK fan would be here during this time attacking social media posters with the same gaslighting routine. Real UK fans, even if C3 fans, are too down right now to do that. Who would do it? Someone instructed to or someone that knows him personally. You can sense the personal nature to the entire conversation with one of these. I don’t know why these mods are allowing them to continue to do it.

Ive saw where you discussed Cal while at Memphis having someone essentially monitor social media (message boards at that time) to keep a pulse on how he was perceived. Seems only reasonable that he would continue that practice at UK, and for good reason.

I’m with you, and my guess is it’s more likely a large team that now does the monitoring for him as opposed to one or two confidants perusing the web.

Im not sure any of us can really fathom how important Cal’s image is to him, despite his act to the contrary. I think right now Cal’s most proud notion of himself is that he’s a guy that always looked out for kids. I actually think this is A). How he justifies his failures, and B) how he’s able to sleep at night.

I think as his ship is sinking he’s going to cling to this perceived reputation even harder and likely go even further out of his way to prolong it and solidify it. Which ultimately means bad news for Kentucky basketball. In a nutshell, Cal’s star has burned out, but he can excuse it, and escape it, by writing it off as a “necessary sacrifice” to make in the constant quest to improve the lives of his players. In other words, to him it absolves him of his failures. But more than that, it makes him feel good.

It’s noble, but hellfire, it’s not advancing “Kentucky basketball”.

Ive saw where you discussed Cal while at Memphis having someone essentially monitor social media (message boards at that time) to keep a pulse on how he was perceived. Seems only reasonable that he would continue that practice at UK, and for good reason.

I’m with you, and my guess is it’s more likely a large team that now does the monitoring for him as opposed to one or two confidants perusing the web.

Im not sure any of us can really fathom how important Cal’s image is to him, despite his act to the contrary. I think right now Cal’s most proud notion of himself is that he’s a guy that always looked out for kids. I actually think this is A). How he justifies his failures, and B) how he’s able to sleep at night.

I think as his ship is sinking he’s going to cling to this perceived reputation even harder and likely go even further out of his way to prolong it and solidify it. Which ultimately means bad news for Kentucky basketball. In a nutshell, Cal’s star has burned out, but he can excuse it, and escape it, by writing it off as a “necessary sacrifice” to make in the constant quest to improve the lives of his players. In other words, to him it absolves him of his failures. But more than that, it makes him feel good.

It’s noble, but hellfire, it’s not advancing “Kentucky basketball”.

Good post. And I’m not really advocating some grand conspiracy. Calipari is a classic narcissist in my mind. He’s a business man that CHOSE basketball, he’s not a basketball coach who’s good at business. People always fail to realize that Calipari is largely all image brought about by his ability to market. Like you said what people are expressing on social media and major news media would be INCREDIBLY important to his brand more so than a coach like say Roy who REALLY doesn’t care what you think. He’s just a basketball coach in his mind, UNC does the selling. It’s the opposite with John Calipari.

Oh, and wouldn’t you know it, Calipari majored in Business marketing. Also by the way, he had no real connections to the coaching scene until he snuggled his way into the arms of Brown. How long was he an assistant? What coach was he a student of on the bench? K played and learned under Knight, Rupp and Allen, Donovan and Pitino, Roy and Dean. Cal? Larry Brown while not even sitting on the bench? Yea sure. Roy Chipman? Paul Evans?lol

And those short cuts he took might have paid off in the bank but he’s not able to sustain himself. Eventually the Junk you’re selling has to withstand the day. And he isn’t.

Calipari has been selling himself for years to get where he is. This is business, it’s not about UK to him. UK will be better off getting away from him and honestly, it will be better for him too.

Last edited:
Good post. And I’m not really advocating some grand conspiracy. Calipari is a classic narcissist in my mind. He’s a business man that CHOSE basketball, he’s not a basketball coach who’s good at business. People always fail to realize that Calipari is largely all image brought about by his ability to market. Like you said what people are expressing on social media and major news media would be INCREDIBLY important to his brand more so than a coach like say Roy who REALLY doesn’t care what you think. He’s just a basketball coach in his mind, UNC does the selling. It’s the opposite with John Calipari.

Oh, and wouldn’t you know it, Calipari majored in Business marketing. Also by the way, he had no real connections to the coaching scene until he snuggled his way into the arms of Brown. How long was he an assistant? What coach was he a student of on the bench? K played and learned under Knight, Rupp and Allen, Donovan and Pitino, Roy and Dean. Cal? Larry Brown while not even sitting on the bench? Yea sure. Roy Chipman? Paul Evans?lol

And those short cuts he took might have paid off in the bank but he’s not able to sustain himself. Eventually the Junk you’re selling has to withstand the day. And he isn’t.

Calipari has been selling himself for years to get where he is. This is business, it’s not about UK to him. UK will be better off getting away from him and honestly, it will be better for him too.

You and I are around the same age (I’m 38) and I believe we have a similar understanding on this. Roy is an excellent example when citing a true basketball coach, seemingly unaware of image, although later in his career he made efforts in that direction (wearing Jordan’s while coaching). Roy just oozes that battle-hardened, walking with a limp, coach-speak 24-7, wearing a KU/UNC shirt to dinner with the fam.

If Roy were at a celebrity event, say like the Super Bowl, he would migrate towards old coaches. That’s “his people”. Cal would likely try to rub elbows with an Elon Musk type, or Bill Gates, etc. Old Coaches aren’t where he migrates because they’re not really “his people”.

What does this have to do with the present? Well I think Cal changed after 2012. I think 2015 was his ultimate goal (undefeated season), but residual in a way from his success in 2012 and 2014. It was just easy at that time because recruits were flowing. But I think after 2012 Cal said “Ok, Lord thank you for mine (title) now I’m going to serve” and Players First really took off.

Even the title was strange for C3. I’ve said before, when they handed him the trophy he was careful not to show too much joy about it. Did he smile? Of course. But he quickly handed the trophy to the kids as if to say “see, we won it and I still don’t care because it’s not about me, and I’m not going to give you (media/other haters at the time) the satisfaction of accusing me of always being about me”. But make no mistake, he wanted that title.

C3 has always wanted a seat at “the table”. He wanted to be like a Coach K, Roy, Pitino, Wooden, Smith, Knight etc. UK gave him that, but he needed the title to solidify it. He got it, and got it quickly. Why? Because he was freaking starving for it. He was relentless. Needed it for validation. But once he got it, he changed. Almost like “ok, now I’ve got to really really make it about the players to clean up my legacy”.

I’m rambling, I know. But the point is C3 isn’t chasing titles anymore. He doesn’t need it. Chris Beard is hungry, Nate Oates, Musselman, Bruce Pearl, Buzz William, etc. These guys, and many many more, are HUNGRY. They are chasing the title. If UK were open, guys like them know it’s a place where they can get their title. That’s why we get great coaches, because UK is a place that can help them achieve their dream.

That’s not C3’s dream anymore. That’s the bow to wrap this long-winded post up. C3 has shifted gears. It’s about the kids now. Noble as hell, but not productive for KENTUCKY BASKETBALL.

You and I are around the same age (I’m 38) and I believe we have a similar understanding on this. Roy is an excellent example when citing a true basketball coach, seemingly unaware of image, although later in his career he made efforts in that direction (wearing Jordan’s while coaching). Roy just oozes that battle-hardened, walking with a limp, coach-speak 24-7, wearing a KU/UNC shirt to dinner with the fam.

If Roy were at a celebrity event, say like the Super Bowl, he would migrate towards old coaches. That’s “his people”. Cal would likely try to rub elbows with an Elon Musk type, or Bill Gates, etc. Old Coaches aren’t where he migrates because they’re not really “his people”.

What does this have to do with the present? Well I think Cal changed after 2012. I think 2015 was his ultimate goal (undefeated season), but residual in a way from his success in 2012 and 2014. It was just easy at that time because recruits were flowing. But I think after 2012 Cal said “Ok, Lord thank you for mine (title) now I’m going to serve” and Players First really took off.

Even the title was strange for C3. I’ve said before, when they handed him the trophy he was careful not to show too much joy about it. Did he smile? Of course. But he quickly handed the trophy to the kids as if to say “see, we won it and I still don’t care because it’s not about me, and I’m not going to give you (media/other haters at the time) the satisfaction of accusing me of always being about me”. But make no mistake, he wanted that title.

C3 has always wanted a seat at “the table”. He wanted to be like a Coach K, Roy, Pitino, Wooden, Smith, Knight etc. UK gave him that, but he needed the title to solidify it. He got it, and got it quickly. Why? Because he was freaking starving for it. He was relentless. Needed it for validation. But once he got it, he changed. Almost like “ok, now I’ve got to really really make it about the players to clean up my legacy”.

I’m rambling, I know. But the point is C3 isn’t chasing titles anymore. He doesn’t need it. Chris Beard is hungry, Nate Oates, Musselman, Bruce Pearl, Buzz William, etc. These guys, and many many more, are HUNGRY. They are chasing the title. If UK were open, guys like them know it’s a place where they can get their title. That’s why we get great coaches, because UK is a place that can help them achieve their dream.

That’s not C3’s dream anymore. That’s the bow to wrap this long-winded post up. C3 has shifted gears. It’s about the kids now. Noble as hell, but not productive for KENTUCKY BASKETBALL.
Good lord. Never thought I’d see a post praising NC and Roy Freakin Williams.

The fans are responsible for his salary. Regardless of how much we actually pull from our pockets. If the fans stop coming he is out of a job. Funny how he puts the fans near the bottom of his priorities.

Reactions: chevyman 50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT