ADVERTISEMENT

The Consistent Best 5 Players

Start with Thiero and Sheppard. Then see what other three wants to play as hard and efficient as they do. Do not mistreat those two. Cal can do all the stupid coaching he wants, just don't mistreat any of the players. In my view of watching so far those two deserve to start and play starters minutes. Some may say they don't have to start if they just get the minutes they deserve. That is correct except for they have earned the right to start so why shouldn't they? Just another example of not doing a kid right. Those two stand out from the rest as far as giving us multiple things consistently.
I felt last year that Thiero didn't get enough run. He just makes the team better and gives us the best chance to win. And isn't that what it's about? I agree with you, because Shepherd does the same. These dudes play winning basketball. Wagner, Reeves, Edwards do not. Michell likely does, but he had to guard HD yesterday. I think Dilly will be up and down, but give him the FGA that Call gives to Reeves, and he's more efficient and we win that game.

BobbyKnight said once that the greatest motivator he ever found as a coach Was the " 3 inches where ass meets bench". Its a concept that works but is only used selectively by Cal. THAT doesnt work.

BobbyKnight said once that the greatest motivator he ever found as a coach Was the " 3 inches where ass meets bench". Its a concept that works but is only used selectively by Cal. THAT doesnt work.
He won't motivate Wagner, Edwards, or Reeves that way. Only Dilly, Shep, Thiero, and Burks - and the centers when they begin playing. The three dudes that NEED to know selfish and poor play will send them to the bench WILL NEVER have to worry about it.

Dillingham, Sheppard, Mitchell and Thiero have the highest PER on the team, in that order. Those 4 guys should be playing the majority of the minutes right now, with Wagner/Reeves/Edwards rotating in the last spot depending on who's playing the best at the time
Right but Cal won't do that

Watching Wagner play in Canada and the 5 games so far this season, i really get Isiah Briscoe vibes.

Heck of an athlete that can get to the rim but cant shot at all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT