ADVERTISEMENT

The bubble talk needs to be on back burner for now..

Before yesterday's loss, UNC was an 8 on Bracket Matrix.
I've never used this one before but it updates daily.

Has Kentucky as a 9 seed.

No way. 22 wins or more and UK is firmly in. Now if we finish 20-11 and then lose the first SECT game to finish 20-12..then yeah now its panic time.
This is the way I see it as well. Too much gnashing of teeth on here over our Q1 resume. If UK finishes 21-10 regular season they are in. Think they could lose the first game of the SECT and still get in at 21-11 but admittedly going 1-1 in the SECT at least would make me feel better going into selection Sunday. Like you stated if we finish 20-11 then I do think it will take at least a couple of SECT wins to get us off the bubble talk.

For now..

But I think if we can win the next two games we should be ranked again come next Monday. We'd be like 7-1 or 8-1 over that span. Win those two and we are safe, barring some big injury.
I’d like to see us ranked again. That will Haley with some of the pressure too. And I know we’re not happy about our seed and while Ii agree, this years seeding isn’t r going to mean much with all the parity. Unless you are a one seed? Good luck. And even the ones aren’t safe after round 1.

This is liable to be a wild ass tourney. Anyone can beat anyone right now. Facts.

Fwiw Kentucky is not "technically" on the bubble after last night's win, in almost any estimation or publication.. pretty much a 10 or 9 seed from what I've read.

Now that can change lightning quick if we lose one of our next 2. And I don't feel happy about a 9 or 10 seed regardless.

There are atleast 10 teams comfortably in that have no business in front of us. 20th Clemson a 8 seed with 2 Quad 4 losses and a Quad 3 too. They are 64th in the NET to our 31st but since they lead the ACC they must be given the benefit of the doubt. They lost to USC, ULC who is 8-14 by 18 and 188th BC. Give me a freakin break!

Memphis who lost to Tulane. Pitt 56th NET. 12-11 Oklahoma 61st NET. FAU lost to Ole Miss and UAB with their best win being FL. Garbage schedule.

It goes on and on and is a joke. We have 1 loss outside of Quad 1. I mean the Zags lost at home to Loyola Marymount. Are we the only ones to be punished for 1 bad loss? Again Clemson people. 3 bad losses. It's a joke. The ACC is the 7th ranked NET CONF.

Honestly going by the other teams upsets and bad losses etc... us going 6-1, 1-1 Quad 1 we should be an 8 seed right now. Supposedly we have been on the bubble for a month while going 6 of 7 only losing a Quad 1 game. WTF???
The BIAS is real folks.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Fwiw Kentucky is not "technically" on the bubble after last night's win, in almost any estimation or publication.. pretty much a 10 or 9 seed from what I've read.

Now that can change lightning quick if we lose one of our next 2. And I don't feel happy about a 9 or 10 seed regardless.
Making the tourney is always better than missing. But yes, we don’t celebrate that. We just nod our heads and see what happens.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
The bubble Burst tonight! Cats have to win out and a couple in sec tournament to get into the big dance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT