ADVERTISEMENT

The bubble talk needs to be on back burner for now..

I disagree..we ..and more importantly our team..need to keep the thought of it foremost in our minds
Kentucky may currently be off the bubble but we are way to close to it right now to not be concerned
Totally agree. Cal should have to have it in he face daily.

Reactions: JumperJack
Umm we have 1 quad 1 win all year. Until they get at least 2 more of those they will continue to be on the bubble. You lost at home to South freaking Carolina. That counts as 3 losses.

You won the games you are supposed to win that doesn't get you off the bubble when you have such a crappy 10-6 (1-3) start to the year.

Sorry

teams that win six of last seven really have no business being on the bubble...Kentucky is a tourney team. we can argue how far they will go...but they shouldn't be mentioned right now asca bubblevteam.
"Hush!" - Joe Linardi.

Reactions: UKortho
Yep...there wouldn't even be a back burner if we didn't shit the lamecock bed at Rupp...

Quad 4 losses are a permanent stain
if dook had been without 2 starters and had a quad 4 loss, all you would hear would be the talking heads give them a pass because they were down 2 starters. but no UK, they will talk about it non-stop and never mention uk down 2 starters. THE BIAS is REAL.

I disagree..we ..and more importantly our team..need to keep the thought of it foremost in our minds
Kentucky may currently be off the bubble but we are way to close to it right now to not be concerned
I agree. Road games at both Mississippi State and Florida, plus having to finish the end of the regular season at Arkansas, tell me it's a tad early to pop open the bubbly.
Beat Arkansas, Auburn and UT in Rupp and those tough road games become less important.

teams that win six of last seven really have no business being on the bubble...Kentucky is a tourney team. we can argue how far they will go...but they shouldn't be mentioned right now asca bubblevteam.
I don’t think it’s a question of being a bubble team. The whole bubble concept is pretty stupid until the regular season and conference tournaments okay but then it becomes antiquated. It’s just a Lunardi contrivance to generate interest and fans lap it up.

We are one of those team where every game can bring rags or riches. We can improve our seed or fall out completely

Last edited:
Reactions: SemperFiCat
Yeah, well we totally blew the seeding with lousy play earlier in the year....so what is the point of getting in as a 11th seed and getting blown out in the first round? You do realize that this team was favored by Vegas to cut down the nets this year. Now the bar has been lowered to the point we just celebrate possibly making the tournament ??

if dook had been without 2 starters and had a quad 4 loss, all you would hear would be the talking heads give them a pass because they were down 2 starters. but no UK, they will talk about it non-stop and never mention uk down 2 starters. THE BIAS is REAL.
Don't disagree, but the stain remains...the margin for error is thinner than Ware's stat line...

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
we still have Arkansas twice, UT and Florida again and Auburn.

who knows how we'll do on the road against Georgia and Ms St. What we should do versus what we do haven't been in sync much

Reactions: Cawood86
There are atleast 10 teams comfortably in that have no business in front of us. 20th Clemson a 8 seed with 2 Quad 4 losses and a Quad 3 too. They are 64th in the NET to our 31st but since they lead the ACC they must be given the benefit of the doubt. They lost to USC, ULC who is 8-14 by 18 and 188th BC. Give me a freakin break!

Memphis who lost to Tulane. Pitt 56th NET. 12-11 Oklahoma 61st NET. FAU lost to Ole Miss and UAB with their best win being FL. Garbage schedule.

It goes on and on and is a joke. We have 1 loss outside of Quad 1. I mean the Zags lost at home to Loyola Marymount. Are we the only ones to be punished for 1 bad loss? Again Clemson people. 3 bad losses. It's a joke. The ACC is the 7th ranked NET CONF.

Honestly going by the other teams upsets and bad losses etc... us going 6-1, 1-1 Quad 1 we should be an 8 seed right now. Supposedly we have been on the bubble for a month while going 6 of 7 only losing a Quad 1 game. WTF???

So our resume so far:

We got the NPOTY.... We got several veteran transfers..... We got some of the best guards in sec when they dont throw the ball over the backboard... HOF Coach.... We gotta make the tourney!

Like it or not, the early season counts and we ARE a bubble team right now. Obviously we could play our way more solidly into the field if we keep winning, but one mid-season stretch of winning 6 out of 7 won’t be enough by itself, especially when that Tennessee game is really our only outstanding win all year.

Reactions: ganner918
For now..

But I think if we can win the next two games we should be ranked again come next Monday. We'd be like 7-1 or 8-1 over that span. Win those two and we are safe, barring some big injury.

Reactions: bbncal02
So our resume so far:

We got the NPOTY.... We got several veteran transfers..... We got some of the best guards in sec when they dont throw the ball over the backboard... HOF Coach.... We gotta make the tourney!
A guard who leads the sec in assists every year

This doesn't take into account yesterday's games (but adding a quad 2 win isn't a HUGE deal), but the most recent Bracket Matrix has us as the 2nd to last team in the tournament. We are squarely on the bubble, and we deserve to be.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
To get off the bubble we must win the next 3 in a row. To stay off it permanently we must win the next 4.

Btw
29 ark
30 auburn
31 Kentucky in net

This is where the tournament happens or not.

We’re still likely to finish about 23-10 or 22-11 (after the SECT). That’s squarely on the bubble.Like it or not.

No way. 22 wins or more and UK is firmly in. Now if we finish 20-11 and then lose the first SECT game to finish 20-12..then yeah now its panic time.

We're on the bubble right now like it or not. This is precisely why early games matter
That's the frustrating part. Compared to recent UK teams, this squad should have been in better position to get those early big resume boosting wins. My brain is still trying to figure out how we even dropped out of the top 10, let alone be having a bubble conversation. There's only one reason for it. Ugh.

We’re very much on the bubble.

The number of Quadrant 1 wins and Quadrant 3/4 losses will be incredibly important when it comes time for NCAA tournament selection and seeding.”

That’s straight from the NCAA website, and it’s why we have work to do.

I agree. Road games at both Mississippi State and Florida, plus having to finish the end of the regular season at Arkansas, tell me it's a tad early to pop open the bubbly.
Beat Arkansas, Auburn and UT in Rupp and those tough road games become less important.
Yep. We need to get 2 of the 3 (ark, aub, Tenn)

That's the frustrating part. Compared to recent UK teams, this squad should have been in better position to get those early big resume boosting wins. My brain is still trying to figure out how we even dropped out of the top 10, let alone be having a bubble conversation. There's only one reason for it. Ugh.
We have a bull-headed coach who is convinced he can make a late run no matter the seed. At this point, I’m convinced he would rather lose than to win some other way than “his.”

Exactly. A stumble or two and the tourney is in jeopardy. That mind boggling USCjr loss still hanging around.

Winning is the best thing but we kicked our own ass earlier and gave up some chances for quality wins.Lets not forget we still have some tough road games left plus a matchup against Tennessee at Rupp and they will be ready....we aren't clear of the bubble yet,still work to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT