ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 12 adds 4 schools

The Big 12 is preparing to play the upcoming season with 14 teams before Texas and Oklahoma depart for the SEC in 2024.

Yormark said Thursday he would ideally like to keep the conference at 14 teams but would be OK with 12.

The B12 should've done this years ago and maybe they could've kept Texas and OU. The B12 only had 10 teams while the other P5 conferences had at least 12 so you're losing a lot of revenue by having 2-4 less teams. I know if the SEC really wanted Texas and OU it would've happened anyway because of the money but it would've at least given them something to think about if the B12 had acted earlier.

The B12 should've done this years ago and maybe they could've kept Texas and OU. The B12 only had 10 teams while the other P5 conferences had at least 12 so you're losing a lot of revenue by having 2-4 less teams. I know if the SEC really wanted Texas and OU it would've happened anyway because of the money but it would've at least given them something to think about if the B12 had acted earlier.
Texas, Oklahoma, Cincy, BYU, UCF, wouldn’t have been a shabby conference

Reactions: seccats04
But yeah I’ll never understand the Big 12 and Pac refusing to expand. They both took on a haughty attitude towards it and look where it got them, barely hanging onto major confrencehood by a thread.

Reactions: seccats04
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: wildcatwelder
I’m curious to see how the PAC whatever survives.

What is their next move after losing their two biggest programs?

Do they stand pat or do they try to expand?

The only two conferences that look stable are the SEC and Big Ten, which have taken the best programs from the other conferences.

The only two conferences that look stable are the SEC and Big Ten, which have taken the best programs from the other conferences.
Who left the PAC-12? Bit out of the loop on west coast sports.

Expand but who would they grab though, SDSU? Fresno St? Boise? New Mexico? None of those could fill the gap the LA schools left.

If more schools leave then they’re only option is for the leftovers to merge with the Big 12.

The Big 12 and PAC should just merge. Form a 24 team super conference and solidify themselves as the third best conference in the country.

Just my opinion.

I just don't see that there's much from the PAC that the Big 12 would want to merge with after it poaches Colorado, Utah, and the Arizona schools.

I just don't see that there's much from the PAC that the Big 12 would want to merge with after it poaches Colorado, Utah, and the Arizona schools.
Seattle and Portland markets might be worth adding. Stanford and Cal add to academic prestige.

The Big 12 is doing a pretty good job of staying afloat after losing their two biggest programs to the SEC.

Smart move to turn around and poach another flailing conference before they get poached themselves.

I figure they probably grab Utah, Zona, and ASU and call it good.

The next move is probably the ACC expanding to 16 to keep up with the Jones’s so to speak.

It really doesn’t look good for the PAC whatever now.

Yes, the PAC appears to have been left in the starting blocks. TV money driving the bus hurt them as their biggest draws followed the money. Big10 might grab 2 more teams since it now looks like the garage sale is starting.

Big12 pulled their bacon out of the fire after losing bell cows in TX & Okla. I wasn't sure if adding the former mid-majors was going to pay off financially, and I still think they lack marquee matches like the SEC as in abundance. But if they now grab UA, ASU, & maybe Utah .... they're solid.

ACC, you're now on the clock.

The Big 12 is doing a pretty good job of staying afloat after losing their two biggest programs to the SEC.

Smart move to turn around and poach another flailing conference before they get poached themselves.

I figure they probably grab Utah, Zona, and ASU and call it good.

The next move is probably the ACC expanding to 16 to keep up with the Jones’s so to speak.

It really doesn’t look good for the PAC whatever now.
Big 12 is still weak as piss . Kansas,Baylor, Kansas St, Houston is a pretty decent top 4. Until Sampson leaves Houston... Then it's garbage.

Doesn't matter, its all about football because schools & conferences keep that money. A lot of the Basketball money (ncaa tourney $) is shared.

So basketball is "a nice to have". Whereas football is "a must have". And that's where the SEC dominates.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
I do miss the old days. Crazy it’s still gonna be the same as it has been since I was born - the Big Ten still sucks at everything.

Seattle and Portland markets might be worth adding. Stanford and Cal add to academic prestige.
The markets points are fine but Stanford/Cal don't really have boards that care that much about athletics. I know Cal fans have been irritated for years that their Board of Regents has de-emphasized athletics.

Big 12 may also believe that Oregon/Washington would bolt again as far as possible for expansion by the Big 10 so that might be why discussions of adding them have not popped up as much as expansions with Arizona, Utah, and others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT