ADVERTISEMENT

The best I've ever seen'

I am a believer that Ulis and Murray were the best backcourt in the country this year, and we would have been a FF team if Labissiere would have been the kind of baseline player everyone thought. I also believe that Fox and Monk will be a better overall backcourt than Ulis and Murray, and better than Wall and Bledsoe too. I am basing this on the overall game, offense and defense, transition and half court. Not just on scoring, although Fox and Monk might become the most dangerous pair of scoring guards we have seen. Both are the total package. But I believe Fox will be the best college basketball player in the country next year, and the key to the season will be development of team chemistry. Monk is used to having the rock in his hands, so he will have some adjustments to make.

I refuse to continue to allow YouTube mixtapes shape my opinion of incoming freshman... But are Monk and Fox really THAT good? I mean Skal was the second coming of Davis...

I refuse to continue to allow YouTube mixtapes shape my opinion of incoming freshman... But are Monk and Fox really THAT good? I mean Skal was the second coming of Davis...

I'm not bashing Monk at all, but didn't he go O for 13 from three point land in the State Championship? I didn't watch that game but did watch him twice and he shot awful from outside in those games as well. It's really hard to tell how good guys are when all you really see them do is get to the rim anytime they want to against little kids.

Out fans just can't temper their expectations... Lol Like the one saying Monk/Fox will be better than Ulis/Murray where one set the school record in assist and the other set the Freshman scoring record....

Hopefully Fox and Monk can shoot because if they struggle to shoot I have a hard time believing they are going to have much luck getting to the rim. You can do that in HS when you are a great athlete but that won't work in college.
Both guys are going to have to prove they can hit threes if they want to see lanes to drive.

Each of these two guys are special. But the thought of them playing in the same back court together just makes me giddy. Monk and Fox are indeed that good. They have the potential to be the best overall back court Cal has had at UK. We have certainly had some super electric, highly skilled, very capable guards during Cal's time here, guys that are individually as good as Monk or Fox. I just don't think we've ever had two here at the same time that can equal these two in all regards. Wall and Bledsoe were certainly a dynamite duo with elite level quickness and skills. But Wall wasn't a very good shooter. And Bledsoe could be a streaky shooter at times, though he was deadly on a night he was hitting. I think Monk and Fox can bring about a similar level of elite athleticism. But overall, I feel they have the potential to be a better shooting tandem than Wall/Bledsoe. As such, they might constitute an even more formidable and lethal back court. They can do it all....offense and defense. And they can do it damn well.

And this Syracuse's 5th final 4 since the mid 1970s. No thanks.

Out fans just can't temper their expectations... Lol Like the one saying Monk/Fox will be better than Ulis/Murray where one set the school record in assist and the other set the Freshman scoring record....

Yes, then if they aren't as advertised, it will be "wait til you see next year's class! We will finally have (insert whatever last year's team was missing).

I am a Cat fan in NW Arkansas. yes he is that good. the fans are pissed he signed with us. anderson was putting all of his eggs so to speak in one basket named monk. Jimmy witt is trying to transfer. anderson is a bitter prick. I look forward to the hogs playing in rupp and them announcing monk from bentonville, ar in front of anderson in rupp. i think i wil have a few beers when that happens. my husband told me yesterday i know way to much about sports.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT