ADVERTISEMENT

Samford Robbed

Not that I want anymore reviews during a game, but I agree that maybe 1 challenge a game/half would potentially work for calls that are obviously wrong.
I'm not sure there was an angle that clearly showed it was clean block (through past the right arm/hand)... I think it probably was, but I could not see the other and the ref was right there. I had no problem with the call.
Regardless, the refs are part of the game... and they're only human. The last thing I want see is more reviews of subjective calls.
As I watched that game, there were several missed travels and fouls (a tug on Dickinson's jersey resulting in a lob that sailed out of bounds). And I desperately wanted KU to lose... it was actually helping me feel better about our loss (misery loves company). They gained a win and their fan base gets to look forward to a very winnable matchup against and inconsistent Gonzaga team. That, bothers me much more than one play in the KU game.
It is unfortunate that this foul was called down the stretch, but refs are no less human in final 2 minutes than they are at 18 minutes remaining. But, the fact is, Samford has multiple opportunities late to tie or pull ahead late and they couldn't hit a shot or turned it over.
If a team plays it close enough that a bad call matters, then I got no problem if they lose. College basketball has much, much bigger issues to deal with.

• Haha
Reactions: Lempface
Typical officiating for Kansas. No way that was a foul. Also, there should be some things, just others have said, that can be challenged. If you have a call that is not something they normally review, such as a foul, you can challenge the call. If you are wrong you lose a timeout but if you are correct the call is reversed. Limit it to once or twice per game so not slow the game down no more than they have to. It would at least keep plays like this from potentially changing a game.

This was so clear from the refs view that it was clean it is inexplicable he missed the call because of the hard fall. It would been a 5 on 4 with 14 seconds left (unless the idiot refs would have stopped play with the player down).

The refs just robbed us of one of the all time greatest defensive plays in the final 20 seconds in NCAA tournament history.

Pretty sickening and of course it is Kansas that gets the benefit.

I am of course crushed because of the Kentucky loss but would have liked Samford get a fair shake at the end.

Reactions: Lempface
Folks it's as simple as this. They wanted Kansas vs. Gonzaga for TV.
Same with Mich. St. Even if Miss. St. Would've played well. They would've got hosed on calls. They wanted Izzo vs. The Uncheats.

This was so clear from the refs view that it was clean it is inexplicable he missed the call because of the hard fall. It would been a 5 on 4 with 14 seconds left (unless the idiot refs would have stopped play with the player down).

The refs just robbed us of one of the all time greatest defensive plays in the final 20 seconds in NCAA tournament history.

Pretty sickening and of course it is Kansas that gets the benefit.

I am of course crushed because of the Kentucky loss but would have liked Samford get a fair shake at the end.
Even worse, KU fans are defending it. "How can you not see that's a hard foul?!

I officially hate this damn sport.

Reactions: bigbluedon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT