ADVERTISEMENT

The absolute worst part of the Pope hire....

bigblueinsanity

All-American
Apr 13, 2002
Isnt: middling record, no tournament wins, zero recruiting connections, passing over much more proven candidates, etc, etc.

The absolute worst part is if Mitch was forced to call it off, god only knows where he'd turn next. This is his first basketball hire solo and in less than 24 hours he went from losing a sure thing in drew, throwing embarrassing riches at Hurley and getting declined, to hiring a guy we could've let develop a few years to see how it went.

So if his hand is forced out of this deal, you can only imagine where he might go next.

The worst part is seeing our fanbase mirror IU. I spend some time on their board talking, trolling a little. They sound just like us. Supporting a guy as coach because he played here 30-40 years ago. Woodson Hire was the same. People reposting tweets from Steve Alford and Keith Smart. Fans acting like him winning a title at IU meant he was qualified.

Plus people were bitching about if we git Donovon we would get no players because he doesn't have a college team. We'll guess what I don't think we're getting any players with Pope either and he has a team. I don't think any, maybe 1 is good enough to cone here. On top of that we probably only keep 1 recruit.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Plus people were bitching about if we git Donovon we would get no players because he doesn't have a college team. We'll guess what I don't think we're getting any players with Pope either and he has a team. I don't think any, maybe 1 is good enough to cone here. On top of that we probably only keep 1 recruit.

That was a very legit concern. But from an optics standpoint, there is no comparison. Pretty amazing the guys they didn't even talk to.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT