ADVERTISEMENT

The 5 members who kept Caitlin Clark off of Team USA

She also doesn’t have the cover those players’ teams provide them. She is the sole threat to create for the rest of the team. When her teammates get more assertive or she gets better teammates her game will open up more. Curry would be Dame Lillard if he was surrounded by scrubs.

There is a lot less pressure when your team has talent to dilute the defenses’ efforts.
You must not have kept up with the "steph curry is the goat" thread lol.

She also doesn’t have the cover those players’ teams provide them. She is the sole threat to create for the rest of the team. When her teammates get more assertive or she gets better teammates her game will open up more. Curry would be Dame Lillard if he was surrounded by scrubs.

There is a lot less pressure when your team has talent to dilute the defenses’ efforts.
She is on a team with the reigning rookie of the year. She also has Kelsey Mitchell who is the Fever 3rd all time leading scorer. The Fever were competitive last season. They just couldn't win.

She is on a team with the reigning rookie of the year. She also has Kelsey Mitchell who is the Fever 3rd all time leading scorer. The Fever were competitive last season. They just couldn't win.

That's an interesting way of saying they sucked.

They were what, the worst team in the WNBA for 2 years in a row? That means it's a bad team, any way you slice it.

We see this in any sport with a draft. A lot of times the top picks go to bad teams and have to work (and hope) their way to success. Doesn't just happen overnight. Sometimes it's better to NOT be the top pick. But rather just a later 1st round pick who winds up on a better team/organization. Look at a lot of the QBs in the NFL right now.

Reactions: UK_fanatic
You Lefties ADORED her when she supposedly broke Pistol Pete's record, which was absolutely laughable, but you hate her, now? Now that she's in the WNBA? WTF?

That's an interesting way of saying they sucked.

They were what, the worst team in the WNBA for 2 years in a row? That means it's a bad team, any way you slice it.

We see this in any sport with a draft. A lot of times the top picks go to bad teams and have to work (and hope) their way to success. Doesn't just happen overnight. Sometimes it's better to NOT be the top pick. But rather just a later 1st round pick who winds up on a better team/organization. Look at a lot of the QBs in the NFL right now.
Plus being RotY means little when there are only a few rookies that make a team each year. Clark would be way more efficient if her teammates were playing better. And Mitchell is a ball hog…lol

• Haha
Reactions: nptb
During a recent episode of Gil's Arena, former NBA star Gilbert Arenas said Reese has embraced her role as a "bully" in the WNBA.

WNBA legend Sheryl Swoopes, a guest on the show, quickly fired back with a response to Arenas' take.

Swoopes disagreed with Arenas' opinion of Reese. In fact, she turned the tables and said Clark is the true bully.

"[Reese is] not a bully... If you want to talk about bullies, we can talk about every time Caitlin has the ball she pushes off," Swoopes said. "I'm just saying."

This isn't the first time Swoopes has issued some controversial comments about Clark on Arenas' show. Back in January, the three-time WNBA MVP and four-time champion questioned the validity of Clark's all-time NCAA scoring record.

Swoopes incorrectly said Clark was in her fifth year at Iowa, when the former Hawkeyes star actually broke the record in four seasons.

Reactions: hmt5000
Plus being RotY means little when there are only a few rookies that make a team each year. Clark would be way more efficient if her teammates were playing better. And Mitchell is a ball hog…lol
That would make sense if Boston wasn't a 3 or 4 time All American and former national player of the year. Some people refuse to look at facts. They are too caught up in their feelings.

That would make sense if Boston wasn't a 3 or 4 time All American and former national player of the year. Some people refuse to look at facts. They are too caught up in their feelings.
No feelings here. Just saying it is a small league. Also a fact.

Reactions: UK_fanatic
She straight up called herself the white mamba. A little controversy and rivalries might be good for this league. Reese is talking shit. Clark as well.

Clark also bought her entire team new shoes. If you know women that matters.

Let these girls slug it out. Their grown ups.

She still should have been on the Olympic squad.

Clarke's team just won 4 straight home games for the first time since 2015, lol. I wonder why????????

She had a tame night with 18 pts, 12 rbs, 6 assists and 4 steals. 🤣
Yep. A few of the sports sites I follow are following her, so I just happen to catch news on her and the wnba this year. It amazes me that people can't admit that she is the reason for the added eyes. You have to have a problem if you can't admit that. LOL.

Indiana's home and away attendance numbers are just stupid in comparison to the rest of the league.

https://acrossthetimeline.com/wnba/attendance.html#

The Chicago Sky's away numbers are skewed because of their two road games at Indiana.

Clark should have asked for a percentage of the attendance numbers in her contract.
It really stands out if you compare it to last year. Indiana averaging over 10K more fans per game.

Reactions: cole854
You Lefties ADORED her when she supposedly broke Pistol Pete's record, which was absolutely laughable, but you hate her, now? Now that she's in the WNBA? WTF?

Dumbest liberal nonsense of all time.

Pistol Pete would average 80 a game (at least) if he played in today's women's college basketball game. He would probably do it n 3 quarters of playing time too. His team would dominate and blow every other top team out.

Clark couldn't do jack in Pete's time and I shudder to think of her being destroyed in mens modern college basketball.

Other than being called basketball, the men and women's sports are completely separate. We don't combine UCONNs men and women's titles and say UCONN has 17 national titles. Uconn men have 6 and uconn women have 11.

Before Clark I'd never heard women's records mentioned with the men's either. It's all politics that it was done this time. Laughable.

I admit that this thread is more entertaining than the fake soap opera wrestling thread. With Reese and Clark, it appears the WNBA is learning from wrastlin.

The Olympics snub is starting to look like marketing genius.

I like her but the press coverage is ridiculous. Every day its "so and so player and Clark exchange dirty looks on court" or something dumb like that. The media is just running with it.

Reactions: hmt5000
Average ticket for today's game is $ 351.

Mark Cuban Shark Tank GIF - Mark Cuban Shark Tank Notes GIFs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT