ADVERTISEMENT

The 5 members who kept Caitlin Clark off of Team USA

I get the marketing perspective, but I don’t agree it should drive decisions. I think you pick the best players and Clark should not bump a player as good or better who has vast more experience. But then, I’ll admit that if you named those picked, I would say, “who?”

I agree if you're judging it solely on talent or if she just plain sucked and had no business being considered.

However I think when you're a sport that's struggling financially (due to lack of attention and ratings), you can't leave off a player who definitely could've made it when that same player is a magnet for attention and ratings.

I agree if you're judging it solely on talent or if she just plain sucked and had no business being considered.

However I think when you're a sport that's struggling financially (due to lack of attention and ratings), you can't leave off a player who definitely could've made it when that same player is a magnet for attention and ratings.

You’ll have to forgive all corporate marketing professionals. They’re too preoccupied with other things this month to think about how to drive attention and product sales.

The Hall Monitor is expanding his territory to new halls. He knows you better than you know yourself and only wants what is best for you. That is his only agenda, even though he sounds like a broken record and full of crap and rarely has input about the actual subject of the thread. His subject is those he politically opposes. All hail the Hall Monitor! Generalize and dismiss, shame and decry!! 😝

Meanwhile, an actual discussion is taking place.
Isaac Newton would be ashamed to discuss IQ's with Nightwish.

Last edited:
Exactly which means to me the jealousy is more out of popularity and endorsement money rather than race. So I think there is a legitimate but different point to be made.
No, I think if she were anything other than white, being unnecessarily fouled hard, disrespected, etc, we all know there would be outrage. Players doing this junk would be reprimanded, and she would be on the Olympic team.

• Haha
Reactions: LmdCat
No, I think if she were anything other than white, being unnecessarily fouled hard, disrespected, etc, we all know there would be outrage. Players doing this junk would be reprimanded, and she would be on the Olympic team.

I could buy that if there were no white people on the team. If i understand correctly, there are 4 of them. If there was racism, there would be none.

I definitely think there is ugly jealousy but its due to money and attention. Maybe her race plays into it some but it isnt the deciding factor.

I could buy that if there were no white people on the team. If i understand correctly, there are 4 of them. If there was racism, there would be none.

Again...the other "whites" on the team is completely irrelevant to her "whiteness". The others haven't been the most popular player in the word for 2 years, and invaded their WNBA space with the hoopla she has.

I definitely think there is ugly jealousy but its due to money and attention. Maybe her race plays into it some but it isnt the deciding factor.
Ummm yes, there could still be racism. Your first paragraph is not at all true. I do agree with second paragraph though.

Again...the other "whites" on the team is completely irrelevant to her "whiteness". The others haven't been the most popular player in the word for 2 years, and invaded their WNBA space with the hoopla she has.

The latter part has nothing to do with her race.

Ummm yes, there could still be racism. Your first paragraph is not at all true. I do agree with second paragraph though.

The part where i heard or saw 4 other white players were invited?

To me its just plain old female envy. Noone hates on women like other women especially when it comes to looks (not the case here) or success.

To me its just plain old female envy. Noone hates on women like other women especially when it comes to looks (not the case here) or success.

It’s absolutely not racist and completely women being awful. I agree with you 100%

The other whites on the team aren't irrelevant to her "whiteness" just because you say so. You just don't want the other whites on the team to get in the way of your BS propaganda. It is amazing that a board that nearly melts down in denial of racism when it comes to Rupp has discovered its existence in 2024, how nice. Either racism exist or it doesn't, but it can't just exist when it comes to one white girl who has been in the WNBA for a minute while those before her didn't experience it. Not only did they not experience it, they are also denying its existence now.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaudyshaud

If there is jealousy, race could be a component. Hypothetically.

It appears to me that she was not considered the best for the team compared to the other players. It seems it was about basketball and not marketing. Which I think was the right move. I don’t think you bump a deserving player for marketing, unless that person realizes how Clark raises the profile of the game for everyone and volunteers to step aside.

man, I am glad I have been assured black folk can't be racist. Otherwise, I might be tempted to think it might have possibly played a small, insignificant role.
Wow isn't it refreshing to learn some white "folk" have discovered WOKEISM!! I guess it won't be long before you will be kneeling during the playing of the national anthem. Lol.

Last edited:
Wow isn't it refreshing to learn some white "folk" have discovered WOKEISM!! I guess it won't be long before you will be kneeling during the playing of the national anthem. Lol.
My initial post was sarcastic. But I really don't know what you are trying to say. Normally, I wouldn't care one way or the other. People can think those five chicks were completely above board. That is fine. I don't follow the WNBA at all - never seen a game.
But I am genuinely curious. What were you trying to say?

My initial post was sarcastic. But I really don't know what you are trying to say. Normally, I wouldn't care one way or the other. People can think those five chicks were completely above board. That is fine. I don't follow the WNBA at all - never seen a game.
But I am genuinely curious. What were you trying to say?
I didn't try to say anything. I just said it!! So, you can take my post in the spirit in which your post was intended.

Where is the diversity in having 5 women of the same color decide?

If the panel was composed of five white men and CC was black this debate would have a different feel to it. Among the liberal retards here and on TV.

Reactions: PhDcat2018

If the panel was composed of five white men and CC was black this debate would have a different feel to it. Among the liberal retards here and on TV.
Jennifer Rizzotti is neither black nor a lesbian. She is however a UConn grad and ethnically Italian, so I could see her preferring Taurasi over Clark. Taurasi's inclusion is a nod to her leadership and previous contributions to Team USA, so you can't say that she hasn't earned it either.

Reactions: LmdCat
And i can understand some being a little irritated that this rookie is gonna come in and steal a spot. But, this situation is different. This is a league holding on by the purse strings of the NBA. They NEED this kind of attention. Clearly, the league, up to this point, couldn't buy this kind of attention and they are saying no.
The WNBA and USA Basketball are not the same entity. The WNBA doesn't have anything to do with Clark's status with the National Team.

I clicked on the author of the tweet the op posted and saw a twitter account of political garbage.
I clicked on the author of the tweet hmt posted and saw a twitter account of political (and conspiracy) garbage.

This is certainly a discussion I suppose but I'm going on record that no one here actually cares about Clark being snubbed and many of these types of conversations begin because of tweets that want to divide us in some way. The OP's tweet suggests black women in power snubbed Clark because she's white. Any proof of that or are the folks who say other folks are obsessed with race just wanting to bring up race because both sides are just alike? hmt posted a tweet asking where Brittany Griner's tits are. In 2024, with all the neat tech we've got...we're using it to spread a question about Griner's tits...or lack thereof?

Might I suggest a walk around the neighborhood, bbqing with family, playing with your kids, or just enjoying summer instead of pretending any of us care about this or again, where the tits are of some athlete? Just something to think about.
You're right. People turning their head to injustice or racism has always worked out well. I remember how the jews just kept their heads down and just watched after their own house during the 30's in Germany. They all agree that was the way to go. You are so stunning and brave.

If there is jealousy, race could be a component. Hypothetically.

It appears to me that she was not considered the best for the team compared to the other players. It seems it was about basketball and not marketing. Which I think was the right move. I don’t think you bump a deserving player for marketing, unless that person realizes how Clark raises the profile of the game for everyone and volunteers to step aside.

Maybe but the evidence doesn't support it. Otherwise there wouldn't be 4 whites.

Its just run of the mill female hate playing out on the hardwood.

Reactions: hmt5000
Maybe but the evidence doesn't support it. Otherwise there wouldn't be 4 whites.

Its just run of the mill female hate playing out on the hardwood.
It's really bad marketing given how the first 15 games went. One thing is for sure... I don't want to hear women complain about how much they make compared to men when the one time they had a legit star in the league bringing eyes.... They target her out of jealousy. LOL.

I probably wouldn't have watched any games anyway, but all this hen pecking has made sure I'm not.

Not necessarily. If Clark is despised because a white woman is getting all of the attention, race plays a role in how she is perceived, even if other white players are chosen. If marketing a black young superstar would be a reason to choose the phenom, but the same will not be extended to the white phenom, it does not matter that four other white people are on the team.

I don’t think that is at play here, but white racists would except black people who stayed in their proper place, while persecuting those who would not.

• Haha
Reactions: LmdCat and hmt5000

The scenario that you describe is what I experience every day at work.

That panel of 5 is the reverse microcosm of what minorities in this country face on a daily basis. Clearly you can see that being the minority isn't a good position to be in. When decisions are made by people who don't look like you it is easy to believe it is because of race. This is something new to whites because in most aspects of life they are the majority. Maybe this situation will further help people understand the importance of diversity.

Reactions: hmt5000
It's really bad marketing given how the first 15 games went. One thing is for sure... I don't want to hear women complain about how much they make compared to men when the one time they had a legit star in the league bringing eyes.... They target her out of jealousy. LOL.

I probably wouldn't have watched any games anyway, but all this hen pecking has made sure I'm not.
With all due respect, if you really believe that CC is the first legit star in the WNBA, you clearly haven't taken the time to research the subject. Your comment is as incorrect as someone stating that Larry Bird was the first legitimate star in the NBA.

With all due respect, if you really believe that CC is the first legit star in the WNBA, you clearly haven't taken the time to research the subject. Your comment is as incorrect as someone stating that Larry Bird was the first legitimate star in the NBA.
I've heard of other wnba players. If you think any of them brought as many eyes as CC then you are being naive. Maybe Lisa Leslie was close. She was very pretty and spoke well so she was on tons of commercials and interviews back in the day. Not sure how many people attended the games though. I know attendance has surged this year and it seems most of the wnba is pissed over it. LOL. .... But Bird and Magic took the nba to a whole other level. If you don't know that then go back and watch some of those games before and after those 2.

She's not in the top 50 of best women's players of all time. Her game has major flaws, There are 20 women who played for UConn better than her
I see you haven’t watched much women's bb. So you’re telling me there’s 20 ex-UConn players better than the greatest women’s career scorer of all time.

To be honest many of the older players you’re thinking of played against much weaker competition. The womens game has grown exponentially over the years. Many better players. UConn no longer dominates. Everyone has good players. Geno’s reign is over.

I don’t know about WNBA players and who the best 12 are. Clark maybe doesn’t belong on the team, don’t know. The fact that it’s an issue says something about the ones in charge.

It seems to me that given the fact they don’t need her to win, keeping her off the team has a lot to do with the penis envy the league already possesses over her popularity and certainly doesn’t want to add to it.

But the league doesn’t care. The NBA subsidizes them and they don’t need increased exposure, especially for a white girl who in college outscored everyone who’s gone before.

The womens game has had some great white players but most of the ones from the last 15/20 years are dykes. Bird, Tirausi, Stewart come to mind.

Clark being straight and white is TWO strikes against her.

I've heard of other wnba players. If you think any of them brought as many eyes as CC then you are being naive. Maybe Lisa Leslie was close. She was very pretty and spoke well so she was on tons of commercials and interviews back in the day. Not sure how many people attended the games though. I know attendance has surged this year and it seems most of the wnba is pissed over it. LOL. .... But Bird and Magic took the nba to a whole other level. If you don't know that then go back and watch some of those games before and after those 2.
Again, you are totally missing the point. For some reason you think being more marketable means being better. CC appears to be starting her WNBA career off on a good note however, thinking that she is the greatest ever just because companies are willing to give her big endorsement dollars is completely wrong. She draws large crowds because what she does is very unexpected. However, if you look at the current WNBA stats, there are others doing the things that she does even better. CC is currently number 4 in assist and number 4 in 3-pointers per game, so I am not certain how this makes her the first legit WNBA star.

As for Magic and Bird, the NBA used race as a means for attracting more attention to the sport. Getting blacks and whites worked up about who was the better player between the two is what saved the NBA. If Bird had been black, he wouldn't have been any more recognizable than any other great player in the league. As good as Magic was, his attraction was generated by the following: his 6'9" size for a point guard, his photogenic smile, and playing 'showtime basketball" in LA.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT